Nba 2K Modders Forum

ty. you sure there nba logo hard coded. and if so why they appear someplaces and not at other places. ive seen eryes putinto regpauger home and waway and they dont appear.

Oh, from what I read on NLSC and saw on some uniform making tutorials (for NBA 2K games)...they said that the NBA logo is usually hardcoded into the standard home/away uniforms but the uniform slots that are Retro (e.g. rh10023) will not have the NBA logos on the uniforms. I think this goes for some special/alternative jerseys as well but I haven't researched this enough. Even though I can get picky about some of these "historical accuracy" things, I don't even notice this when I'm playing the game; especially in a fast paced game like basketball. :popcorn:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Y4L,

Here are about 20 screenshots of the ABA mod in NBA 2K12. You get to even use the official ABA ball too. Sometimes the uniforms might have the small NBA logos on them (because they are hard-coded) but everyone who worked on these really made this project as authentic as possible.

I zipped the screenshots for your convenience...and I have some shots of mcoll's Pacers team too. :good:

nba2k122013-07-3123-46-54-99_zps5549f552

that mod looks sick wow

I made a couple od desktop icons if u want any. Or could do others. Also, not seeing custom pickup gym/blacktop games like 3 on 3 or am I missing something? Seems like a lot of sports games take out some good features and add dumb ones.

un working a large project right now. most of it going fine, but have a nag. at least until i find way or earn how do hex editing to work on color changes for the courts. there tool out ther should make that eisier, but system will run that tool, so right now im stuck,

i can work on other parts of the project for the time being

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i have a mod im working on, its based on a fictional rec league

That's pretty impressive Bridgette...I'm definitely not up to that level in modding NBA 2K12. I still have a hard time trying to use the proper letter/number fonts with these uniforms...some of them you can edit and re-color and some of them are hard-coded and black & white only.

Great vid den..... it took me back!

Anyone figure out if IP 2 IP play was possible? Seems with this version that without a 2K lobby, no dice.

Hey thanks daflyboys...I plan on compiling a few more highlight videos with the old and new NBA 2K game and setting them to period correct music. I still love NBA 2K12 because you can easily save the entire game highlights reel (which they took out in NBA 2K13 & 14). And you know, I don't think IP-2-IP is possible with the game any longer...mainly because of the "dead lobby" issue.

im glad im not the only one still playing 2k12! Lol

Yeah, you know Bridgette...I play the newer NBA 2K14 too, with the great PC graphic enhancements and then I'll play a NBA 2K12 game and there are very, very little differences with the graphics. Lately I've been playing the NBA 2K12 with UBR rosters and the current season more than NBA 2K14. I also discovered that you can use those hi-res 2K14 floors and drop them into 2K12...looks awesome!

nba2k122013-12-0623-13-21-57_zps487e7956

That's pretty impressive Bridgette...I'm definitely not up to that level in modding NBA 2K12. I still have a hard time trying to use the proper letter/number fonts with these uniforms...some of them you can edit and re-color and some of them are hard-coded and black & white only.

Oh im not really skilled either, i had someone who did the faces for me, and then I did alot of work on the actual roster itself. I never got around to finishing it because I never found someone to help me with uniforms

I just saw this post. I've never been to left field before. The UBR is going to be released for NBA 2K14 sometime in January but the modders have been updating the 2K12 version all along. The UBR modders asked permission to use the Harlem Globetrotters, Flint Tropics and some ABA files, like the George Mikan signature ball, that I had released as a mini mod. My name is Bassman58 at the NLSC site. I also made a number of uniforms and team files for the 2011/2012/2013 (awol) mods. I'm working on the 2014 mod. In 2012 I created a tutorial for editing the numbers and letters. It still applies to 2013 and 2014. I also have a tips post. If anybody has any questions I'd be glad to answer or point you in the right direction. I can edit stadiums, team_xxx.iff, floors, logos, uniforms and more. I don't make cyberfaces but I know the basics. JaoSming has made a ton of video tutorials which are helpful. I'd like to give back to the community more than the minor league stadiums that I did for MLB 2K10. I love the history of sports and I especially like the Total Classics mods for MVP2005. I visit this site every week or two so if you want you can PM me at NLCS (bassman58) to get a quicker response.

http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=144&t=87200

http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=144&t=87561