Mvp 13 Crashing Issue

Norag

I did some searches and did not seem to find anything relevant relevant, so here goes.

I installed 13 over a clean, patched MVP installation. Everything worked fine for the first 9 games into my Season with the Reds. Just in case, I created both a save file and a back-up for the save file. However, I am now on my 10th game and the load bar goes all the way during the loading screen before playing the next game and it CTD's. I have tried this with both the reg save and the back-up save. I have also tried simming past that particular game, as well as simming past the entire series with the Pirates, to the same result. Nothing has changed on a hardware / software end. As a matter of fact, I played the ninth game last night before going to bed. I am running Win 7 with quad core, 8 gigs ram, and an ATI 5850 graphics card. Happy to provide any other info that might make troubleshooting easier. I will also update this if I find a fix in the meantime by tinkering around. Any help is greatly appreciated, as I am really loving this mod. If I over-looked anything that would contain my answer, I apologize in advance.

Edit: And just for clarity sake, the error message that I get is mvp2005.exe has stopped working. I have also tried to run the game in every compatibility mode available, with no love. I also tried just starting a new season to see what happens. I ctd on game 1 in the same way.

Update: I got it to work. The method I used was simply to restart my computer. This tells me that there is a conflict between MVP and another program that's running in addition to my default start-up programs.. Anyone know a way to find out what program it might be?

Yeah, that's kinda what I figured. Currently, I'm running Comodo on both my desktop and lapper. I do have it allowed in Comodo, and since it starts at start-up I would think it's another program. Checked some of the possible culprits last night like Steam, without any success. I'm sure I'll eventually narrow it down. Since I have the OS on a SSD, the restart isn't all that cumbersome. I'll just do that until I can narrow it down. If I'm able to do so, I'll post what program was causing the conflict. Thanks for the responses guys, I really appreciate it.

Well daflyboys is pretty good with this stuff but I got to tell you that you have no idea how helpful you were just to provide information to say how and when you noticed the problem and you even did some searches, which is always appreciated.

Here's hoping the next time you decide to post in here it will have nothing to do with problems with your game! Good luck and enjoy the Mvp 13 mod. Those guys did a great job.