INSTALLATION: Place all 19 .dat files from the zip file into your MVP baseball

<data/database> subfolder

VERSION: 2013 Phase 4 (MLB Focused)

Release Date: 10.19.13

• Updated contact/power numbers partially based on end of season stats
  • Updated control attributes for pitchers based on end of season ERA
  • All transactions to end of season conducted
  • Cyberface number assignments updated
  • Some injured players previously placed in FA pool placed back to organization

Click here to download this file

I will be releasing a playoffs based roster, including ability to control any of the 8 teams. Rosters based on Baseball Prospectus listings as I cannot find any sites that list actual 25 man playoff rosters. I'm assuming BP has the best offering.

• 3 weeks later...

Daflyboys, thanks for all the rosters you made during this season and last. They are very good. I am having trouble importing this newest roster (end of season version 2) into MVPEdit. Every time I try to do it, I get an error "file not found." It has worked on other rosters but not on this one.

My pleasure. As of now there will be no additional tweaks or updates for 2013. I think I've done all I can do throughout the year (MLB batters attributes (inc bunting), changing fielding attributes, speed to match 2K's numbers for the most part, end of the year hot/cold zones, more pitcher pitch types and control based on ERA, more accurate catcher's throwing attributes).

I've already started keeping up with the moves for next year, but I'll be going back to MLB focused rosters only. The minor leagues just don't interest me and Kyleb was the master of getting those together anyway. Next year, as long as I'm doing the roster set, anyone will be welcome to ask me to take it and release a minor league focused set if they want to. I'll only be creating players that figure to be prominent in the MLB picture for a given team next year.

Ciao!

• 1 month later...

Daflyboys,

I appreciate your work on the rosters. I think I found some issues with the batter hot-cold zones on the rosters. For example, in your ver 2 roster, Todd Frazier of the Reds has two hot squares on the top outside and middle outside against right handed pitchers. Looking at the ESPN hot zones, against right-handers, Frazier has his two hot squares on the top inside and middle inside. I checked for all the Reds players and it looks like the hot zones have been reversed for all of them. I noticed that the ESPN graphic shows the hot zones from the pitcher's perspective while the MVP edit show them from the batter's perspective. Perhaps this is why they are backwards.

Well if that's the case then they're probably practically all that way. No chance I'm going in to reverse those, but I'll take a look...thx.

Add: upon looking at it both the ESPN site and the MVPedit program indicate "vs. L" and "vs. R". Can't seem to find another site that does hot/cold boxes. Previously used end of the season Gamecast boxes, but it was a pain to look them up on there.