Mvp 13 Crashing

Peter Griffin

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can someone give me their exe for mvp 13 i think mine is corrupt

Why would the one you have be corrupt and the same exact file that everyone else has is fine? Think.

I've been following this thread and have been reading the suggestions others have given you and right now I have to conclude that you are the one that is doing something wrong here that you don't even realize and that is very easy to do because a lot of us have done it.

What makes you think the .exe file is corrupt? Is it because it is a different size than the original .exe file?

I believe that the .exe file used in MVP12 and MVP13 is the same modified one that was used in the MVP08 mod. Kraw, who led the effort to create the MVP08 mod, did something to modify the .exe file, although I'm not sure what he did or how he did it.

What makes you think the .exe file is corrupt? Is it because it is a different size than the original .exe file?

I believe that the .exe file used in MVP12 and MVP13 is the same modified one that was used in the MVP08 mod. Kraw, who led the effort to create the MVP08 mod, did something to modify the .exe file, although I'm not sure what he did or how he didI th

I think its because both 12 and 13 mods wont work on my computer and they both have the same exe

It seems pretty unlikely that the .exe for both the MVP12 and MVP13 mods would be corrupted for just one person. You might want to try downloading and installing the MVP08 mod http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=6586

and see if you have the same issue.

I will download that once my download limit is up and do you install it with total installer thingy

I will download that once my download limit is up and do you install it with total installer thingy

What the instructions say. And you would have seen this had you looked at the mod. You will find that people are more willing to help you here when you find out the basic stuff like this yourself so it is not asked. I copied this from the Mvp 08 download page, which is where you should have gone.

• MVP Baseball 2005 original CDs or CD images
  • Total installer Thingy v 2.0.3 or later installed

hey remember when i asked to give step by step instructions? this is likely the causing issue because without the 08 mod as your base, you will be missing quite a few cyberfaces. i'm eager to see if this will fix your problem.

Maybe so Homer. It could be. But at the same time I don't think every person who downloaded the Mvp 12 or 13 mod has Mvp 2008. A good number of us do but I wouldn't say everyone.

Just curious, when you run MVP 13 do you click an icon on the desktop or go into the folder and run the mvp2005.exe file itself? In the past this has been a problem for me, I was never sure why, but when I would open the .exe file itself the game would run fine. Also, you are not using the installer (TIT) to install the mod, right?

Looking at your initial post, you said it pops up with an error during or after extraction, what is the error? That right there is why it won't work, because if there is an error with extraction, then it won't function properly.

you might try installing bits and pieces of it on top of the 08 mod to see where you crashing starts. i would start with the rosters and cyberfaces.

models.big crashed the game

Update: I installed every other file except for models.big and it works! I think we found my problem!

Edited by Peter Griffin

i have a better one. if it's the models.big crashing then you can do more troubleshooting. he's right, it's a huge file to upload.

if the models.big is crashing, there's two likely candidates: uniforms or cyberfaces. so take the models.big file from 2013 and open it in biggui. extract all of the cyberfaces in a separate folder and zip it up. use Tit to install those cyberfaces over the models.big that works. if it crashes, then we know the cyberfaces are doing it.

i have a better one. if it's the models.big crashing then you can do more troubleshooting. he's right, it's a huge file to upload.

if the models.big is crashing, there's two likely candidates: uniforms or cyberfaces. so take the models.big file from 2013 and open it in biggui. extract all of the cyberfaces in a separate folder and zip it up. use Tit to install those cyberfaces over the models.big that works. if it crashes, then we know the cyberfaces are doing it.

what are the cyberface files?