Odd Issues

seyal

Installed MVP 05

Grabbed the MVP13 mod. Extracted to an MVP13 folder, then copied everything to my root MVP 05 directory.

Game loads with no issues.

I get the main menu screen.

I can navigate menus.

Music plays fine, and I imported 9 new tracks and edited the .loc

I see all front end graphics and texts.

However:

-Ages are off. Bryce Harper is 12, for example. He plays with the energy of a 12-year-old, but he's not a supertalented 9th grader :D

Attempted to edit players causes a crash.

Attempting to play a game causes a crash.

I tried other roster files, same issues (Harper is 12, same crashes).

When I look at the roster in MVPEdit, the ages are normal. Wonder why the game is showing the wrong ages when in the roster .dat files they are correct??

I can get to the game setup screen where you pick your profile, uniform, etc. Uniforms show (no black boxes).

I'm playing on Win7 64-bit version. Gfx card is a GeForce 480. CPU is Core-i7 3500K. 16 GB RAM.

Any suggestions?

Nope :( Still shows Harper as 12 and crash still when trying to start a game (bar is half filled, in case that helps anyone).

I couldn't find a schedule updater utility, but tried Dylan's schedule maker.

Got the Astros in the AL though, so that's a plus!

Ugh - at a loss for ideas. Tried a reinstall. Stopped at Patch 3 this time. Moved to the desktop. Did the MVP13 install thing.

Same problems. Can get all the way to play a game and while loading the game up, bar goes halfway - game dies.

Happens if I run from the desktop or the original install directory.

Guess it's time to try compatibility modes... :(

as for your issue, i just redownloaded it and extracted it just fine. if you're being told it's corrupt, you have an issue with your download manager. i just did it through google chrome with no issues. i would recommend trying a different download manager.

LOL Well, I guess I'm destined to play MVP08.

MVP12 didn't want to cooperate either. So I decided to try 08. Worked without a hitch!

At least I have a working version of the game. From here, figure I can just load some rosters up? Probably should make a backup of this since I know I have what (I hope) will be a working base.

LOL Well, I guess I'm destined to play MVP08.

MVP12 didn't want to cooperate either. So I decided to try 08. Worked without a hitch!

Mvp 08 is fine but why settle for that? Something is wrong with your download for Mvp 13. I use Firefox. Never had a problem once getting anything from here.

At least I have a working version of the game. From here, figure I can just load some rosters up? Probably should make a backup of this since I know I have what (I hope) will be a working base.

No. Updated rosters coincide with updated cyberfaces. Here is what I mean. Johnny Damon was on the Yankees in 2008. That's where he is in the 08 mod. He's gone now and another player has replaced him and Damon's cyberface number has also been replaced by whomever took his spot.

You'll have problems using a new roster in the 08 mod.

which browser are you using? in firefox you can get an addon called downthemall that works really well to download large files. i would honestly try a simple fix like that first before starting with the 08 mod for the reasons y4l said.

if you're really going to do that, then this is all the work you're going to have to do. you would get my latest facepack as a base. the last one i did for roster files was 2011. from there you'd have to go through the downloads for all the individual updated faces and then edit your rosters according to kyleb's id list. then you have to renumber those cyberface files to match before you would install them. we're talking about hundreds of cyberfaces since 2011, and each face has three files. i'm not saying it's not worth it, but it is a lot of tedious work.

Used Firefox, got the MVP13 file.

Tried the same process - clean base game with patch 3. Used the explodeme.

Install went fine. Game loads up.

Try to play exhibition game...same crash in same spot - trying to load the game up, bar halfway, then crash to desktop.

Tried clicking the Run as Adminstrator in compatibility mode options - no luck. Same result - crash 50% loading exhibition game.

Left box checked and tried right-click and Run as Administrator in the right-click menu. Same result - crash at 50% loading exhibition game.

You and me both :(

Even tried other modes to see if SOMETHING would work. HR derby, mini-games, nothing.

Can't edit a player either, which might point to the cyberfaces as well?

But, I'm sure everything would come with it to make the mod run, so that wouldn't make sense either unless a bug, and then more would have the issue...

Ugh ugh ugh :(

Okay, this doesn't make sense.

I took the models.big from the 08 Mod and put it in my MVP 13 mod directory (backing up the one that was there first, of course)

...and the game loaded! Got to the game, played. Only glitch was a black Bryce Harper from the neck up LOL

I didn't try editing or anything, but....WTF?

to be honest i haven't been able to reproduce this problem. i know someone else had this exact same issue. but from the sounds of it, it's an issue with the models.big. i just have no answers for you. i just tried downloading it and doing a fresh install. it seems to work fine for me.

Installed 1941 total classic mod. The WilliamsDimaggio portrait comes up the music and announcers are working but after loading it only gives me the "click to play"option... and not the " click for 1941" option. I thought this mod would allow me to play as Ted Williams and the sox in the old Fenway park, with the uniforms but i cant see how to do that. Am I doing something wrong or do I need another download to play 1941 Sox vs Yankees.?

Thanks, russellwendtheo

Installed 1941 total classic mod. The WilliamsDimaggio portrait comes up the music and announcers are working but after loading it only gives me the "click to play"option... and not the " click for 1941" option. I thought this mod would allow me to play as Ted Williams and the sox in the old Fenway park, with the uniforms but i cant see how to do that. Am I doing something wrong or do I need another download to play 1941 Sox vs Yankees.?

Thanks, russellwendtheo

You got this entirely wrong. This mod is a simulation of the 1941 baseball season and it tries to duplicate it as much as possible. When you play the game you play in the same stadiums that the teams played in 1941. The rosters in the game are the same 1941 rosters. The uniforms in the game are the same as the ones worn in 1941. Same for the music chosen in the game. You do not play as Ted Williams or as Joe Dimaggio or even as Bob Feller. You choose one 1941 team and play them against another 1941 team. Try the St. Louis Cardinals vs. the Brooklyn Dodgers. They were in a close race that year so the teams are evenly matched.

Yeah i have to agree with Seyal. I'm recently having the same issue with MVP 12 and MVP 13. Don't know what happened because everything was good to go a month ago but now both games are crashing to the desktop. I did what Seyal did and took the Models.big file from the MVP 08 Mod and installed it into the MVP 12 and MVP 13. Both games are working now. Must be an issue with the Models.big file but I don't have the knowledge on how to troubleshoot the file. Can anyone out there who has knowledge on how to check the Models.big file please give instructions on how to troubleshoot or you can contact me via PM. Appreciate any assistance out there on this matter.

Yeah i have to agree with Seyal. I'm recently having the same issue with MVP 12 and MVP 13. Don't know what happened because everything was good to go a month ago but now both games are crashing to the desktop. I did what Seyal did and took the Models.big file from the MVP 08 Mod and installed it into the MVP 12 and MVP 13. Both games are working now. Must be an issue with the Models.big file but I don't have the knowledge on how to troubleshoot the file. Can anyone out there who has knowledge on how to check the Models.big file please give instructions on how to troubleshoot or you can contact me via PM. Appreciate any assistance out there on this matter.

I'm sorry but I don't agree with either one of you.

I have both the Mvp 12 and Mvp 13 mods installed on my computer. Both run fine and I did not take the models.big file from Mvp 2008 to have it run correctly.

Look at it this way. Mvp 12 has been downloaded 6,901 times and Mvp 13 has over 4,000 downloads. Don't you think that if this was an issue that it would have been brought up by many others before you and addressed already? Why is it that all those other people like myself who downloaded both mods are not having the same problem as you and the guy who began this thread?

This is not to dismiss the problems the both of you are having. The rest of us do not have different versions of those two mods. I don't know what the problem can be.

I don't know what you're disagreeing with me about...

I just said what I did to make the game work.

Of course everyone else got it to work right. But, I did what I had to in order to make it work. I don't know if this is being viewed as some "knock" on the mod or what, but it's not. Guess I have to say that? *shrug* Knowing hardly anyone else didn't have this issue doesn't help me try to fix it or track it down, unfortunately.

But I started this thread hoping to find a problem, not to draw some criticism about the mod or make some point or statement.

I understand that experienced folks can't reproduce the problem, and so it goes in modding, especially one as complex as this. It's probably some EA problem, or maybe a driver I have or whatever. I just wish I knew what file(s) were causing the problem because I'd use the fifatools thingy to just replace those files.

But, again, that's EA not doing what other devs do and say what the game is loading or what files are being read. Thanks, EA.