License/cts Screen Problem

dennisjames71

Hey All,

This is the first time I’ve seen this weird problem and I researched the forums and noticed rroy0824 had this problem back in 2009. http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?showtopic=42080&hl=screen Unfortunately I didn’t locate a conclusive solution.

Anyway, what happened in my case was this:

I’ve been working on updates for a MVP 14 mod update and changing the Splash/License/CTS Screens. I’ve done this at least 25 times with no problems in the past. So, I used the “All Screens Maker” utility and made the Splash/License/CTS Screens and everything worked fine. I shut the computer off last night and turned it on when I got home today and fired up the game. This time the License screen stayed and the CTS Messgae (Play Ball!) appeared instead of it switching to the CTS Screen that worked the night before.

I re-imported all the screens back into the game and it still uses my License Screen as my CTS Screen now. What the heck happened here? Any suggestions…?

-Dennis

My License Screen (fixed a typo from last year's)

Licensescreen_zps6b5efad0.jpg

My CTS Screen

CTSScreen_zpsd720b093.jpg

I don't know if this additional information will help, but if I copy another "sushared.BIG" file from another mod (I used the one from MVP 13); then the proper CTS screen shows up. Then I tried to re-import my new License and CTS screens and I'm still having the problem with the CTS Screen NOT showing up. This is bizzare.

Thanks for your response Y4L, but that doesn't seem to be the case. For example, I changed it last year for MVP 13 and I wanted to basically correct a typo I made and plug that in. Like I said, the weirdest part was that it worked correctly 2 nights ago and yesterday it doesn't. I've never seen this in 4 years of modding the game. :nea:

Thanks for your response Y4L, but that doesn't seem to be the case. For example, I changed it last year for MVP 13 and I wanted to basically correct a typo I made and plug that in. Like I said, the weirdest part was that it worked correctly 2 nights ago and yesterday it doesn't. I've never seen this in 4 years of modding the game. :nea:

Yeah I kind of thought that maybe that wasn't it. I thought I'd just throw that out there. It is puzzling when it's working one day and the next it isn't and you know you haven't done anything differently to it.

I wish I could give you an answer to this Dennis, but it is something that I never could figure out myself. To this day I still have this problem when trying to change the license screen. Sorry I can't be any help, but I hope you figure it out because it is something I would like to know too.

Ok, somehow I’ve solved this weird problem and the root of the problem is in the sushared.BIG file which contains the license.FSH file. As I mentioned before, when I used my sushared file from MVP 13; I noticed that it was 2 mb in size and the one in my MVP 14 BETA (the one that didn’t work) was much smaller (about 137 kb). So, instead of using the All Screen Maker utility; I decided to bypass that step and just manually extract the license.FSH from the working sushared.BIG file. Then I copied my new license screen (as a 1024 x 512 BMP file) into the folder <named as 0000.BMP> and compressed it using the nFSHTOOL.

Then I manually, imported the new license.FSH into my sushared.BIG file with EAGRAPH. Just to be safe, I opened sushared.BIG and compressed it with bigGUI. And…everything worked correctly. I am still at a loss HOW this happened because I’ve made/imported these screens about a million times using the All Screen Maker utility and it’s always worked before. Thanks for everyone’s input and hopefully this can help others.