Pushing Mlb 2K12's Graphic Even Further.

zzcoolj21

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to Yankee Stadium in the Bronx... St. Louis?

(The screenshot is an example of being able to switch the "vista" section from one stadium to another using RED MC.)

I've tried to replace textures in a uniform file a few times without success. It didn't matter if the texture was 2x (which was what I originally thought the issue was) or if I imported the same file I just exported without any changes. In some cases, the replaced texture shows in-game as pure black, green or it disappears (like the chest logo). Sometimes the game will load a generic white uniform texture instead of the modified file. Hopefully this can be addressed in a later update, or someone else can figure out how to get them to work.

I have been able to successfully replace some stadium textures with larger resolution files (the retired numbers in Yankee Stadium's Monument Park, for example).

post-10872-0-88456500-1403909131_thumb.j

I was eagerly awaiting what you could find, MarlinsMY.

I have tinkered with the editor (shoutout to DaSteelerz and Raidersbball) and it doesn't work with global.iff or any of the uniform files so far. I will look into importing higher res building textures though into Petco Park this weekend I hope.

Can you send over those hi-res Monument Park textures?

If those textures work then oh my, stadium work is going to be amazing.

Pretty awesome man. I haven't had time to mess with anything this week since I've started a new job and all, but I'm pretty sure there are good things to come very soon for stadiums. I have my RED MC and Blender fired up! Hopefully model edits and higher res textures coming. :D Stay tuned.

Here's a zip file containing the modified stadium, as well as the DDS files for both the retired numbers and the Worlds Series title years. I've also attached comparison shots of the original game file versus the updated version. (As you can see, I changed the order of some of the numbers.) In both cases, the textures seen in the "modified" version are 4 times the original size. Obviously, some work would still be needed to get everything to line up correctly - it's a little hard to put everything in the right place using a blown up blurry version of the original :-). Of course, they no longer display the WS years there at the actual stadium - it's now a huge picture of Steinbrenner casting a somewhat creepy glare over everything. By battling through Blender (and a little trial and error work on the UV mapping), I think I could replace that display with the picture.

Another thing I noticed: not all of the textures are exported to DDS files that can be opened by Photoshop. In those cases, I was able to use the 2KModTool to export the texture I needed (from a non-RED MC saved version of the file), and that imports back into the file using RED MC just fine.

Yankee Stadium Texture Test.zip

post-10872-0-60394400-1403919678_thumb.j

post-10872-0-62623100-1403919683_thumb.j

Very nice! I purchased a full lifetime version of RED MC and have gotten two separate keys and my features such as text editing keep disappearing on me. Marlins have you had any problems like this or any suggestions?

I haven't had those types of problems... originally I bought the licenses but was unable to validate the keys. That turned out to be a problem with Vlad's web host, as the program had to connect to it as part of the validation process. I've seen that many people on the NBA forum are having problems like you've described. Vlad said it's still a side effect of the hosting issue.

Well I did email Vlad a third time. I just hate bugging him. The little I was able to use it I was happy to be able to extract the text. But as KC said I really wish we could get at the global.iff. That's the bread and butter. I didn't have any luck with extracting embedded textures from SCNE files but it looks like you did.

While we were on the topic of furthering MLB2K12 visuals, I started tinkering with SweetFX and I think I nailed the perfect settings for an HD look. I can still tinker with it some more but after several playthroughs I'm happy.

It's up for download if you'd like.

• 1 month later...