2014 Roster Thread

Kccitystar

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Started a franchise using these with the Blue Jays, R.A. Dickey and Brett Lawrie are both bald with generic faces, does not seem to be related to the supposed 25-man roster glitch. Have not really looked on other teams if other players are affected, otherwise, great job on these rosters they seem pretty spot-on :)

Started a franchise using these with the Blue Jays, R.A. Dickey and Brett Lawrie are both bald with generic faces, does not seem to be related to the supposed 25-man roster glitch. Have not really looked on other teams if other players are affected, otherwise, great job on these rosters they seem pretty spot-on :)

I will do my first revisions this week.

Which reminds me, none of this is considered "final" or a solid base to work with just yet. I'm still trying to frankenstein (as in, merge together with other rosters) a bunch of collaborative works and make sure everything plays nice with each other, this includes created guys, schedules and uniform colors.

kc - just curious. Will your roster include all players on the opening day rosters? I'm not really good at creating players and can't seem to find P Gus Schlosser of the Braves anywhere to put in the roster I've been using. Thanks for all you contribute to the game.

Lawrie is face #3548

RA Dickey is face #1870

Make sure you have those player files in your MLB2K12 folder.

Put these in your MLB2K12 directory.

lawrie-dickey.rar

Perfect, did the trick, sure enough those files were indeed missing (how I wonder, they don't seem to be a part of the .ROS). Also noticed same issue with pitcher Drew Hutchison, the rest of Toronto seems to be fine (exception: Jose Reyes arms are a bit lighter than his face). Like I said unsure for other teams as I only played one game against the Rays and didn't check everyone else. Curious to whether or not the faces could be plucked from an official roster, saved, then inserted in the game folder if the ID's were known? Could help out with this issue if there is more and could figure out what causes it...

Perfect, did the trick, sure enough those files were indeed missing (how I wonder, they don't seem to be a part of the .ROS). Also noticed same issue with pitcher Drew Hutchison, the rest of Toronto seems to be fine (exception: Jose Reyes arms are a bit lighter than his face). Like I said unsure for other teams as I only played one game against the Rays and didn't check everyone else. Curious to whether or not the faces could be plucked from an official roster, saved, then inserted in the game folder if the ID's were known? Could help out with this issue if there is more and could figure out what causes it...

The roster file contains cyberface IDs for these players, not the faces. As part of a package I want to release with opening day rosters, I will try and include all of the missing faces to at least have a base to work with this season. I don't want to download another roster again and all of the face IDs are different, making all of my previous changes invalid. Let's standardize a few things here.

I will try and use scottybilly's cyberface IDs as a base.

Jose Reyes' skin color has been fixed as part of the upcoming changes. I will look into the schedules this weekend too.

So far have scanned through all the AL teams in-game, rough count about 180 players total with the baldie/generic issue (seem to be CAPs mostly), have the list written down, could check the rest and post, let me know if this would be of help.

Okay no problem sounds good, any skin colour issues I noticed were already mentioned earlier in the thread I believe. One other thing I think is worth checking out is some of the overalls, esp. on some of the new arrivals (NYY Tanaka, CWS Abreu, etc) some are way too high, and some players in general will need some refining to reflect current state, but like I had said before all in all great base, great project, great forum, let me know if I can be of any help and looking forward to the finished product!

I am perplexed that I literally went through every team to make roster changes to make sure the right players were on the right teams, changed jersey numbers, positions if needed using the MLB editor and saved the changes. I go to load the rosters and all the time a work I did weren't saved. the roster is back to square one. Why doesn't this game save the changes made? I used the 2014 rosters that were originally made by BSU fan, and taken over by someone I can't remember whose name.

Hi,

Can anyone help me? After I replace the 2014 roster file with the default one, the game cannot start (got frozen after loading).

And if I replace it back everything works. (I have changed the name of the 2014 roster file to Roster.ros

GG