2014 Roster Thread

Kccitystar

Hi,

Can anyone help me? After I replace the 2014 roster file with the default one, the game cannot start (got frozen after loading).

And if I replace it back everything works. (I have changed the name of the 2014 roster file to Roster.ros

GG

Don't replace it with the default. change it to something different like 2014.ros or something like that. The game needs the default roster to load to startup the game. Just put it in the saves folder along with the default and go in and load it threw the game.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't replace it with the default. change it to something different like 2014.ros or something like that. The game needs the default roster to load to startup the game. Just put it in the saves folder along with the default and go in and load it threw the game.

Haha, thanks a lot. Problem solved.

GG

Did the roster get deleted? I cant find it in the thread anyway.

Here's what I've got so far. It's the Opening Day Roster. If the schedules haven't been fixed yet for other rosters, this isn't a usable roster for Franchise use.

I haven't included the faces yet because there hasn't been an agreed upon number scheme for that...

I included uniforms related to my colorlist in the roster, such as the new Oakland jerseys and the Rangers.

I'll remove this roster within a week or two, so get it while it's hot.

Yes, it's a work in progress, or a beta if you will.

RosterPack 426.7z

Here's what I've got so far. It's the Opening Day Roster. If the schedules haven't been fixed yet for other rosters, this isn't a usable roster for Franchise use.

I haven't included the faces yet because there hasn't been an agreed upon number scheme for that...

I included uniforms related to my colorlist in the roster, such as the new Oakland jerseys and the Rangers.

I'll remove this roster within a week or two, so get it while it's hot.

Yes, it's a work in progress, or a beta if you will.

Thanks KC, your work is appreciated as always. Just wondering, did you ever release the Red Sox and Twins uniforms officially? I believe I saw them here a couple weeks ago, but I can't seem to find them anymore. I'll try out the roster and give you some feedback later.

Thanks KC, your work is appreciated as always. Just wondering, did you ever release the Red Sox and Twins uniforms officially? I believe I saw them here a couple weeks ago, but I can't seem to find them anymore. I'll try out the roster and give you some feedback later.

Yes, but because they are updates from my 2013 unis they are in the same link you'd get my 2013 work from instead of an entirely new mod.

oh ok, thanks for clarifying. Roster is great from what I've tried so far. I'm not really sure about skin issues and the like since I don't really pay attention to that stuff, but I did play today's Sox/Jays game with it in exhibition, and apart from some name and rotation inaccuracies which I tweaked myself, it's well done so far.

I have been doing some work with the 2014 schedule to try to get it to get it to work for franchise i was wondering if i could use your roster KC?

If there is a working 2014 schedule out there, I can add it to this roster as well as including player faces that are in use by that roster so everything will work properly.

Also, there is a shortcut I made to the roster folder where you put the .ROS file on there. Feel free to use that if you ever need to find out where the roster location is. It's universal so it works across ALL OSes.

Hello everyone. I just wanted to report that I have an old itch to scratch...sooo...I'm coming out of retirement like Phelps :rofl: . I started looking into the current rosters out there and the new schedule as well, and haven't found an exact cause for the crashing after one season...but the good news is that the schedule isn't the issue. I do know the problem lies in the way players have been moved,created, or edited via the roster editors that is causing the crash. So I have uploaded the 2014 schedule into my last roster update from last season and it worked fine from season to season with no crashes. I have already began the long and teidous process that is how I edit rosters and have gained significant ground in one day but am still looking out as far as a month or two before this thing will see the light of day. I just wanted to let everyone know what I was up to. And as always, thanks to this awesome community for always looking to make the game better with little or no reward. I just finished up a 162 game season in Franchise mode using my last rosters and had the most realistic stats and gameplay I have ever seen from a video game. A big part of that is due to the awesome modders here. So thank you for inspiring me to take this game even further into the future as a true basebal sim.

I was just browsing through the 2K forums and I realised that there are two roster-makers named "wudl83" and "wundabreadz". Does anybody know whats up with them? They have been out for a long time particularly Wunda. Wudl83 had a roster still in the making.

Haven't seen them in forever. Probably one of the moderators will be able to tell you when they last logged in or if they got banned. Anyway, Wundabreadz's roster was finished by BSU-Fan and you will find it under the name "BSU-FAN Ultimate Roster". Wudl's roster was still a beta but he never finished it due to (if I remember well) "personal issues". He had his own formula to generate ratings for every player, but I don't know if he shared it with any of the other roster makers. He was actually helping me figure out a new set of sliders for his rosters. :)

Haven't seen them in forever. Probably one of the moderators will be able to tell you when they last logged in or if they got banned. Anyway, Wundabreadz's roster was finished by BSU-Fan and you will find it under the name "BSU-FAN Ultimate Roster". Wudl's roster was still a beta but he never finished it due to (if I remember well) "personal issues". He had his own formula to generate ratings for every player, but I don't know if he shared it with any of the other roster makers. He was actually helping me figure out a new set of sliders for his rosters. :)

Hey thanks there aceshigh. I checked wudl83 and wunda's profiles and they were never banned, at least there were no indications they were banned. Wunda last logged in on May last year while wudl last logged in December last year. Wudl did not finish his roster because he broke his collarbone or whatnot as stated in his forum. Its a shame he didn't complete his roster because there was so much hype surrounding it and from the way Iook, had so much potential. Anyways, I look forward seeing them soon

I just don't want to see bald heads and generic faces anymore T_T

Their rosters were cool, but they didn't really set a standard for face codes.

Those two people you are talking about are modders on this website and around here that means a lot.

Constructive criticism is always welcome here like suggestions or questions about the mod to the modder himself. Not every mod is for everyone. We all get that. But don't put down someone else's work because it doesn't match up to your expectations. Either try another roster or wait for an updated version of the roster or if none of those is what you want you can make your own roster.

I have a couple questions about roster editing. I'm using lifo's 25 man roster as a base in conjunction with MLB2k12 roster editor v 1.1

1. is it necessary to put an end date for players sent to the DL? It defaults to Jan 1 2000. I'm curious if this will cause the roster to crash, and if so, should I just put an estimate?

2. what should I do if a players contract has been selected but no minor league affiliate is listed?