2014 Official Mlb Game Thread

Kccitystar

The Red Sox designated A.J. Pierzynski for assignment. Since he's a catcher I don't have to worry about the Yankees picking up this slug even though he is the perfect age (37) to be a Yankee.

Too young. Too healthy. Maybe if he falls down a flight of stairs and breaks a couple of bones.

• 2 weeks later...

The Texas Rangers were bothering no one this year, habitually losing over and over again. That is until the Yankees arrived in Arlington and lost two of the three games they played there and they were lucky to win the one they did. I have not read the online stories of this game yet but I am anxious to find out how these lackadaisical multimillionaires are going to explain this.

A few random thoughts about the recently completed Tiger - Yankee series:

...Anyone who expected the Yankees to win three of the four games raise their hand. I thought so.

...It does seem that the Yankees do have some decent players in their minor league system and when given the chance they can really show what they do. I don't care if Sabathia ever comes back and Nova is out of the picture for a long time. Guys like Greene and Whitley are really showing they belong.

...If Shane Greene were a Red Sox prospect they'd of already had his Hall of Fame plaque made.

...Detroit's still got nothing to worry about because pitching wins divisions and their closest competitor is the Kansas City Royals and that takes care of that. Before long the Royals will realize they are in a pennant race and will start to choke, as is their team custom.

...As always, thanks for your help Mark Teixeira.

I really didn't expect the Yankees do take 3 out of 4 vs the Tigers. This team has been up and down all year long.

It's great that they're finally taking a gamble on the prospects, see what they're really worth. You might not get another core four in a hundred years, but if your farm system can't produce at least a utility infielder and a decent bullpen guy, you might as well just close it down.

Sunday, August 10th, 2014.

That's the day that I have officially quit on the New York Yankees. I don't care anymore. This team knows exactly what they should do to themselves and then when they are done they should do it again. **** them.

From here on out I can watch baseball without a care in the world. I hate this team of overpaid quitters.

Sunday, August 10th, 2014.

That's the day that I have officially quit on the New York Yankees. I don't care anymore. This team knows exactly what they should do to themselves and then when they are done they should do it again. **** them.

From here on out I can watch baseball without a care in the world. I hate this team of overpaid quitters.

at least you're still in the wild card hunt

clapping_hands.gif Great job Yankees. Five losses in a row now. What a joke.

Star of the game was Mark Teixeira who struck out with the bases loaded to end the eighth inning. The son of a *&$^@.

You know what is the best part? He swung at the changeup out of the zone before striking out looking on the fastball :facepalm:

Is that Greene guy for real? Looked great yesterday, it's a shame he coudln't get the win.

Yeah, he is. And the reason why you didn't hear anything about him before was because he was a Yankee prospect and ESPN wants you to believe that everyone in the Yankee system sucks. Imagine if Shane Greene was a member of the Red Sox. The hype surrounding him would be off the charts.