2014 Official Mlb Game Thread

Kccitystar

I had heard about him before, I just didn't expect him to be this successful in the majors.

There is some truth to the fact that the Yankees prospects aren't really game changers, but there are some good guys in there.

I agree. But what bothers me is that they dismiss all of them and at the same time treat anyone who is the Boston farm system as a potential MVP.

I agree. But what bothers me is that they dismiss all of them and at the same time treat anyone who is the Boston farm system as a potential MVP.

That bothers you too? I guess Im not the only one.

They seem to treat every Red Sox prospect as a potential All Star while Yankee prospects are just "solid major leaguers" , "fourth outfielder", "utility guy" or "bullpen guy". That seems to **** me off. Jackie Bradley Jr was a highly touted prospect and he didn't perform well this year. While Shane Greene who they project as "back of rotation starter" or "bullpen guy" actually does perform well.

I guess this is the good part of not having ESPN.

Yes it is. And you are not missing anything.

What Deadshot said in his post was very, very accurate. That is how all Red Sox prospects are looked at. Every pitcher they have is either the next right-handed Greg Maddux or the next left-handed Sandy Koufax and every hitter down there is a potential batting champion and Mvp.

With the Yankee farmhands they treat them like they are all lucky to be getting a paycheck because none of them are worth their weight in bubble gum.

I sure hope he won't, let him rest for next season, when it might actually matter.

Teixeira is now batting .223 so this has become unbearable even for me. I'm officially withdrawing my support for him. Tomorroy morning I'm going to start a petition so that any mention about his Portuguese heritage becomes outlawed.

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus!!!! I TRIED! Y4L knows I tried, but it's become impossible to like this guy. Holy mother of God! .223 from a star 1B who often bats third, how disfunctional is that?!

Teixeira is now batting .223 so this has become unbearable even for me. I'm officially withdrawing my support for him. Tomorroy morning I'm going to start a petition so that any mention about his Portuguese heritage becomes outlawed.

Teixeira is Portugese? I never knew what nationality he was. Never thought about it really. All this time I thought he was an idiot. :D

Teixeira is Portugese? I never knew what nationality he was. Never thought about it really. All this time I thought he was an idiot. :D

Why do you think I've been defending him all this time?

Pedroia is also of Portuguese ancestry, but let's not talk about that. Same with Kevin Correia and Dane Sardinha.

I watched the game, and you're right. I had given up on them and Young started it all. Great pick-up so far, he had some good years with Arizona. They were just talking about Stanton when Headley got hit in the chin, scary stuff!

Edited by sabugo