2014 Official Mlb Game Thread

Kccitystar

To: girardij@nyy.com

Subject: Thank you

Joe,

Sweeping your team in this three game series is probably just what my guys needed as we get closer to the All-Star break. Longoria said you guys were playing like you were sleepwalking and Price said that the last time he had an easy game like that was back when he was in high school. I think what you need is about three more Japanese pitchers but we're sure you guys are already on it.

Hey, we'll see each other in August unless one of us (probably you) is fired. Just kidding!

Joe M.

To: girardij@nyy.com

Subject: Thank you

Joe,

Sweeping your team in this three game series is probably just what my guys needed as we get closer to the All-Star break. Longoria said you guys were playing like you were sleepwalking and Price said that the last time he had an easy game like that was back when he was in high school. I think what you need is about three more Japanese pitchers but we're sure you guys are already on it.

Hey, we'll see each other in August unless one of us (probably you) is fired. Just kidding!

Joe M.

I totally read this like it was sent to my inbox in MVP Baseball 2005.

The Yankees have been between not too bad (ie: swept the Blue Jays) and the not so good at all (swept by the Rays).

But hey, today is Tanaka Day. Which means Tanaka-san will perform great and be rewarded with something like a couple of hits and a run by the Yankees hitters.

It's either going to be a 1-0 win or a 2-1 loss.

The Yankees would have done something very very stupid if they really wanted Samardzija.

Not they got all this extra stupidity to invest in some other dumb trade for a over the hill FA.

Well that's true. And even though Samardjia is not over the hill the Yankees would have surely overpaid for him.

Why would Oakland acquire two starters? I know they need them for the playoffs push, but they still have AJ Griffin and Jarrod Parker on the DL.When those two come back next year, they will have a logjam in the starting rotation.

Probably anticipating more injuries. I think they have a good problem. After the Orioles, they're the bandwagon I'm jumping on come playoff time. Although I'm very disappointed in what Manny Machado did earlier this year. I'll chalk it up to him being a kid and look for him to reform and respect the game better.