Dasteelerz Stadium Previews

DaSteelerz

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

The lighting looks way too dark for the Trop. Not sure what tweaked that but the overall textures and ads look great!

It's by design, I think.

Here's a stock version of the Trop, both Day and Night games.

I can definitely try to manipulate the lighting profile but it has a bigger influence on night games than day games honestly.

qxaJxsX.jpg

8NNatdL.jpg

The lighting looks way too dark for the Trop. Not sure what tweaked that but the overall textures and ads look great!

Get the textures out and send me an alternative.

It's by design, I think.

Here's a stock version of the Trop, both Day and Night games.

I can definitely try to manipulate the lighting profile but it has a bigger influence on night games than day games honestly.

You're right. Like I said in the description, there is a whole new color scheme and stuff. Dark blue combined with the original lighting is tough to make look good at all times of day with this dome. As of now it is what it is... 

Guys, I've helped DaSteelerz out by updating the mod to 1.0.1 with fixes I've cooked up myself to address the overly dark day games.

Apparently the monkeys at the Trop forget to turn the lights on during day games, but as in the update notes, this is likely by design, and I can't fix that, but I have fixed the shit out of night games let me tell you.

YA5RLY6.jpg

sTgGbn4.jpg

qknziuv.jpg

We might collab again on Turner Field or Global Life Park soon so stay tuned for that!

Happy gaming guys!

yea tb and fla parks are hard to deal with. tb as you said of lighting is an issue. looks fine one way, but the other looks like a badly designed video capture, eve m real video of the park. the fish on the other hand the problem there is why in the world they go that blinding outfield wall. its in the shade and at night but where ever the sun is hitting, its blinding the yes. i know its you guys that th way it appears when i see it.

The stadium lighting also seems to affect the appearance of the players skin and hair in my game. None of my computers have great graphics cards and I use minimal enb settings, but when I play a random game such as this new Rays stadium, I've noticed that a players skintone will lighten or darken depending on what stadium I'm playing in and whether its a day or night game. Also, the dark hair and dark facial hair on players will show as being very red and blochy for some reason.

The stadium lighting also seems to affect the appearance of the players skin and hair in my game. None of my computers have great graphics cards and I use minimal enb settings, but when I play a random game such as this new Rays stadium, I've noticed that a players skintone will lighten or darken depending on what stadium I'm playing in and whether its a day or night game. Also, the dark hair and dark facial hair on players will show as being very red and blochy for some reason.

That deals with stadium_intervals_xxx.iff which handle lighting profiles across "game time". I've been looking to be able to modify this file to make hi-res shadows for the ballparks among other things but it can't be accessed with any utility that exists right now, not even RED MC.

We need a HEX editor to take care of this once again! I've tried my hardest at this to no avail. I just can't simply grasp it.

I even open sourced the 2K12 texture editor on this site (which has all of the code translated from the original asian version), nothing has been touched or expanded on it yet

• 1 month later...

I wanted to share this new "breakthrough" if you will about stadiums and the lighting for the buildings. As most may know, 2K's night time buildings had often looked like there was just darkness or just plain dim buildings downtown when playing which took all the fun from a night game away!

Well...  We're still working a few kinks out, but through brainstorming and just plain experimenting I think we have something worth showing. You've seen the newer Wrigley with the more attractive night time buildings. This is what has been worked on since. I will be going through every stadium and updating them as soon as I nail down a formula. It is not quite as time consuming as some other tasks, so it shouldn't be long before you see stadiums getting updated buildings.

6JIWX92.png

• 5 months later...
12 hours ago, Behindshadows said:

Any ETA on Fenway 2017

Everything I'm making is going to be released in the MLB 2K17 mod and then uploaded separately after that so that we have all the content in one place. That's the fun of the mod -loads of new content.. right? :)

I've also made a Stadium previews 2.0 thread for the 2K17 stuff

31 minutes ago, DaSteelerz said:

Everything I'm making is going to be released in the MLB 2K17 mod and then uploaded separately after that so that we have all the content in one place. That's the fun of the mod -loads of new content.. right? :)

I've also made a Stadium previews 2.0 thread for the 2K17 stuff

Thanks, I'm delaying my video until Fenway lol

• 1 year later...

Archived