Sky Dome 2005 Coming Soon

carter

Nope, you can see into the hotel rooms perfectly still.

What they do now is make all guests with a field view room sign a waiver stating they won't do anything vulgar in public view -- i'm sure there's a massive fine or something involved.

I've never seen the video of the hotel "happenings", I just wrapped up my 3rd season as an usher at the Dome and while I found a condom wrapper once up in the upper levels, I never saw anything like that going on up there.

O, guess I DIDN'T REMEMBER correctly.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys!

Thanks for all of your input and screenshots. I am holding off on releasing this mod for now in order to ensure it's accuracy. I will be going to the home opener on April 8th and I will make mods to the stadium based upon what I see on that day. So all I can say for now is stay tuned... I haven't forgot about this one.

Hey guys!

Thanks for all of your input and screenshots. I am holding off on releasing this mod for now in order to ensure it's accuracy. I will be going to the home opener on April 8th and I will make mods to the stadium based upon what I see on that day. So all I can say for now is stay tuned... I haven't forgot about this one.

Hey, I'll be there too, it'll be my second Jays game and my last road trip to Toronto before I move back up to northern Ontario (in Ottawa now). Sitting in section 135 with Dave Bush taking the ball; it should be a goody.

How about some screenshots of what its like at the moment? I'm interested to see what you've done with the walls (removing the pictures of players) and the new screens. It seems like a good thing to do to keep us dedicated Jays fans at bay.

At present, this is what it looks like:

preview.jpg

I haven't been working on it recently, so there hasn't been any further progress. I still plan on making it as realistic as possible, but until I see the changes on opening day, I don't want to go any further.

Right now I am focussed on "The Toronto Project". Please be patient for now. Everything will turn out well in the end.

April 8th, can't come too soon.

Right now I am focussed on "The Toronto Project". Please be patient for now. Everything will turn out well in the end.

April 8th, can't come too soon.

Hey, as long as we know an updated stadium is coming, then its all that really matters. I'd rather you do what you think is "your best work" on it, other than have you release it and you're not okay with it. :D

There are some new photos of Rogers Centre with the Field Turf at www.bluejays.com. To get there you have to go to slot 3 of the changeable headlines. It says "Changes afoot in Toronto". You can see some ads, but mostly get a good look at the new turf. I must say it looks rather good. Can't wait until I'm there in July to see the Mariners and Jays.

Thanks Chris. I work just down the street from the Dome and I didn't even notice that they put the Rogers name up.

I'll get back to work on the stadium after I finish these unis. Until then, keep the pictures coming.

I didn't even think of that MikeB, but thanks for bringing it up. It sucks that they didn't add a dirt basepath. That would have given this monstrocity of a stadium an old school look - which is something the Jays need. From the screenshots I have seen thus far, the stadium doesn't look that different. Wooo! A few extra screens. Now the Dome looks like the Air Canada Centre where the Raptors play. I hope they aren't trying to make the baseball entertainment package similar to a basketball one.

The LED ribbon boards are the anti-Christ of baseball. It's really NHL but I don't like them -- my Canucks don't use them. I still can't complain as it looks a hell of a lot better than it did before.

Well it's about time this stadium gets a facelift in the game. EA Sports has neglected this stadium for the past 2 years. The Jays have renamed the stadium the Rogers Centre, so I will do my best to make the changes in the game.

Here's the plan:

- update the ads on the outfiled walls

- update the walls themselves (there are no longer player silhouettes on the walls)

- replace the artificial turf texture with a field turf texture

- clean up the Windows restaurant images

- fix up the Jumbotron images until I find out what all the new screens in the stadium will look like - then it's on to OEdit

A screenshot will be coming soon.

EA's jumbotron is crap, the real one is a full screen, no scoreboard on the jumbotron; There are two new HD scoreboards, one on the left and one on the right field walls; and lasty there is a new HD ad band, replacing the old roll back ones.

Other than that, pretty awesome! :D

Archived