Mlb2K14Bybsufan

BSU-FAN

thnx bsu,u did a very very very great job and don't worry whether or not someone thinks ratings etc are wrong because every year those would change anyways so there is no way to be accurate on every roster change,everyone just outta be glad someone took time to do these as the franchise is no longer being worked on by 2k,and besides the work u have done is far superior than what we had.If some one thinks rating are wrong then they can change to what they want its really no big deal

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

confused be just little bit. lol

im yaking the shuedles from one of your faek nonames files. i think its that last one you did or the one before that and using them. al thought im having trouble importing right now with the reditor to get to see the cvs. to get it in at the moment

. i thinks its registation issue as there was update o the rpogram and my my is messing up at the moment. smothing i have to go throught to see why the hicup, but hat what im attepeting shuedle wise.

I changed every player on the roster to a create-a-player. This made it possible to edit skintones via the ingame editor. I thought I had left some slots for more create-a-players but obviously I didn't. I am looking into adding some additional slots for other to create players and add them into the roster themselves. I will probably re-release the same roster tonight with a few of these kinds of things that have been brought to my attention. Thanks everyone for the kind words.

I Changed the values for everyone so that they are an actual player thru REDitor (changed the value from 5 to 4). Not sure what else to do to test out my changes...

Aside from that, great work BSU. If you want, I can send you my hex edits so the team overlay colors match the uniforms.

A couple of additional notes: I've now tested through 5 season and up to spring training of the 6th. All seems to be fine, no additional crashes provided the coaches are all signed. The schedule gets wonky in searson 4 -- the Astros do start playing a "normal" schedule, and interleague is dispersed throughout the season. To the best of my memory, it appears to be a repeat of the actual MLB 2013 schedule. The wonky parts are that all the days off are on Saturdays and Sundays, and there are some odd things where a 4 game series will alternate between home stadiums each game (I guess that would be a home home home and home series?). Not a big deal at all, but worthy to note from a testing standpoint. Equally interesting, for seasons 5 and 6, the Astros go back to an NL schedlue.

I hope my testing has been helpful, let me know if there is any need to test through season 6 and beyond. Just a note for everyone like me who are not modders - just from spending 4-5 hours testing, I can say that I have no idea how tedius it must be to spend weeks and weeks working on this stuff. It's truly remarkable what the modders are able to accomplish.

Just attempted to create a player and the game crashed. Great. Back to making everyone a CAP we go.

Ya...adding in more create a players isnt as easy as it seems. I have added more slot in to accommodate more create a players.

I Changed the values for everyone so that they are an actual player thru REDitor (changed the value from 5 to 4). Not sure what else to do to test out my changes...

Aside from that, great work BSU. If you want, I can send you my hex edits so the team overlay colors match the uniforms.

How do these hex edits work and what do I need to do to install them? While I understand how the game reads these roster files pretty well I'm not as familiar with the graphic modding side...id be very appreciative of you sending me those. Your work is always top notch.

Some good news. I changed the contract lengths on the staffs to 7 years (which is the max you can set it to) and it no longer crashes at the staff resigning period for the first 4 years I know for sure. I have yet to try to go past 7 years to test out what happens but i will try when i have more time or leave that up to the community. I also have added in about 20 more slots for create-a-players. However, once I added in a few more the game maxed out on player slots and it crashed at the end of the season when i tried simming. That means we are near max player slots you can have on a roster...so in the future when editing we will have to replace older players to add in new ones. Shouldn't be much of a problem since their are still tons of FA's that have little to no value.

do u know why we cant change players names in the create player mode?i was gonna try this but only certain things are changeable,so I tried to delete chipper jones and when I try and create a new player with the spot that just opened up I put my first name in and when I put in the last name ,the first name goes blank and has my last and first name goes into the last name spot,whats weirder is if I leave it that way and play a game theres all kind of shontzdonalds(my real name) playing for different teams lololol

thnx bsu,u did a very very very great job and don't worry whether or not someone thinks ratings etc are wrong because every year those would change anyways so there is no way to be accurate on every roster change,everyone just outta be glad someone took time to do these as the franchise is no longer being worked on by 2k,and besides the work u have done is far superior than what we had.If some one thinks rating are wrong then they can change to what they want its really no big deal

Nobody's making a big deal out of the ratings. It's quite obvious some players are overrated and others are underrated going by the stats for this season. I realize ratings change, but unless a great player's stats fall completely off the table, they should be more in line with the default settings.

I know how to make the adjustments, just pointing out a obvious discrepancy.

do u know why we cant change players names in the create player mode?i was gonna try this but only certain things are changeable,so I tried to delete chipper jones and when I try and create a new player with the spot that just opened up I put my first name in and when I put in the last name ,the first name goes blank and has my last and first name goes into the last name spot,whats weirder is if I leave it that way and play a game theres all kind of shontzdonalds(my real name) playing for different teams lololol

I have seen this issue... The safest way to edit a players name is via the editors. For some reason some names when edited in game are causing other players that share the same first name or last name to change as well.

I have seen this issue... The safest way to edit a players name is via the editors. For some reason some names when edited in game are causing other players that share the same first name or last name to change as well. You should be able to edit ratings in game without causing any problems...its only with some names from what I have seen.

I will be re-releasing an updated version of this roster tonight. Good new and bad news. Good news is I have successfully simmed through 7 seasons in franchise mode with no crashes. :good: The bad news is, if you want to play past 7 seasons you will have to manually re-sign the staffs to keep playing, or extend their contracts via the editor to go past 7 once you have played that far in. This is still a big improvement from having to manually resign them each year and was a compromise to going back to incorrect staffs. Also I was able to get the game to allow for 3 more create-a-players but anymore than that and the game started to do wonkly things like overwrite the last created players name with the new one creating two or three of the same player. Anyway...just wanted to let everyone know that this will be the final release for now. It should be out later today. Please let me know of any other details you may want to see and if i have time and think they are worthy I will add them in.

What editor should i use to extend there contracts the one I use I dont see any managers at all

If you don't have reditor you will have to do it in game for now. It only takes about 15 mins in game for every seven years played to extend the contracts or hire new manages... so its a very small issue overall.

If you don't have reditor you will have to do it in game for now. It only takes about 15 mins in game for every seven years played to extend the contracts or hire new manages... so its a very small issue overall.

Thanks BSU. I'm going to play as just a couple of teams, so I'll be getting reditor. Is the guru liscence necessary for this task?

Thanks BSU. I'm going to play as just a couple of teams, so I'll be getting reditor. Is the guru liscence necessary for this task?

I believe it is...but its worth it I believe..especially if you want to keep the Astros playing an AL schedule each year.

I believe it is...but its worth it I believe..especially if you want to keep the Astros playing an AL schedule each year.

Cool.. I don't have a problem with having to get a liscense.. I just might need some help from you smart guys when the time comes to make the changes :)

I have played a franchise based on your NoFakeNames roster with great results. I am sure I won't be disappointed with this one, and it looks like you did a solid job here once again, thank you so much BSU! I have a question, I've been going through players to put some cyberfaces I was missing, and I have discovered that there are a couple players who have "0" as their cyberface ID (The two I have encountered are Daisuke Matsuzaka of the Mets, and Jesse Hahn of the Padres, but there may be more). Would the roster start crashing if I changed the cyberface ID for at least one of them through the roster editor?

EDIT: Add Odrisamer Despaigne to that list, too, just found it out lol

I have played a franchise based on your NoFakeNames roster with great results. I am sure I won't be disappointed with this one, and it looks like you did a solid job here once again, thank you so much BSU! I have a question, I've been going through players to put some cyberfaces I was missing, and I have discovered that there are a couple players who have "0" as their cyberface ID (The two I have encountered are Daisuke Matsuzaka of the Mets, and Jesse Hahn of the Padres, but there may be more). Would the roster start crashing if I changed the cyberface ID for at least one of them through the roster editor?

EDIT: Add Odrisamer Despaigne to that list, too, just found it out lol

No it won't start crashing if you change the cyberface ID from "0". A "0" is the default cyberface ID for a create-a-player. You shouldn't have any problem changing these cyber face ID's using the editor.