Mlb2K14Bybsufan

BSU-FAN

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All,

I tried something out tonight: I imported all of the CAP/CAT slots from the 2K roster into BSU's roster. This means you get all of the players AND slots for created guys/teams.

Give this a try and test it guys. It's the same V2 roster that's uploaded on the site, with the hex-edited overlay colors.

*fingers crossed*

I hope this works out and can be implemented in V2.1 or something.

edit: file is further down the thread

Well good news is I get through the draft with this one without crashing

Bad news I get crashes on the day before the HR derby Progress I guess

This is exactly one of the reasons I didn't want others currently trying to mod this roster and release it on their own like I clearly stated in my release. Now if I was looking at this thread and didn't know any better I would think this original roster has a crash the day before the HR derby....and their isn't in the original release. I know KC is a very talented modder who has done a ton for 2K12 so he may be the only one I will allow to do so, but I tried the exact thing he did weeks ago and found it causes all kinds of issues.

Describe exactly what you did to get that crash. Maybe I could recreate it.

I just started up the game loaded the roster started a franchise with the indians and tried to simulate through a season I auto managed the team at the start of the year and auto managed the draft it got through fine until july right before the all star break crashed to windows

I just started up the game loaded the roster started a franchise with the indians and tried to simulate through a season I auto managed the team at the start of the year and auto managed the draft it got through fine until july right before the all star break crashed to windows

Looks like I'll have to re-edit the colors again. I'll see what I can do this weekend.

Trying it out now made it through year 1 without any crashes :)

Update made it through the 7 seasons before having to do the staff. WORKS GREAT. The only thing that I even noticed is that a couple of years everyone seemed to play 1 extra game but thats fine just 9 more innings of baseball great job KC

Trying it out now made it through year 1 without any crashes :)

Update made it through the 7 seasons before having to do the staff. WORKS GREAT. The only thing that I even noticed is that a couple of years everyone seemed to play 1 extra game but thats fine just 9 more innings of baseball great job KC

His version works exactly as the last roster does when playing a franchise. Their is still only 3 create-a-player slots left before you run out...so there is little difference between my last roster and the one KC tried re-releasing. The only differences are negative, If you try to to use the CAT (Create-a-team) slots KC added in you will get crashes and it will change other player names in the roster messing up everything else in the roster. I tried explaining earlier that I spent a whole week on testing out adding in more create-a-players and ran into way more problems then it was worth. This method of releasing untested versions will lead to all kinds of hours wasted on future updates. I just cant believe my original request of not re-releasing my roster without my permission was not honored. It's sad cause it only hurts this community and discourages people like myself from continuing to work on any future updates

His version works exactly as the last roster does when playing a franchise. Their is still only 3 create-a-player slots left before you run out...so there is little difference between my last roster and the one KC tried re-releasing. The only differences are negative, If you try to to use the CAT (Create-a-team) slots KC added in you will get crashes and it will change other player names in the roster messing up everything else in the roster. I tried explaining earlier that I spent a whole week on testing out adding in more create-a-players and ran into way more problems then it was worth. This method of releasing untested versions will lead to all kinds of hours wasted on future updates. I just cant believe my original request of not re-releasing my roster without my permission was not honored. It's sad cause it only hurts this community and discourages people like myself from continuing to work on any future updates

This is where we are going to have to disagree. For starters, I am not releasing any untested versions of your roster. I really don't have to ask you for permission to release a "fix" or an attempt at a "fix" that is uploaded ON THIS THREAD because this isn't a release.

Do you know what a release is to me? A release would be if I uploaded it on the site publically like I would a uniform update or a SweetFX update. You have to look deep in this thread (3 pages) to even find anything I've uploaded to this point, and even then, the file is deep inside a thread, not in the file database for any casual member to view and download.

Second, I would love to enjoy using your roster without having to handicap my enjoyment of the game to get it to work. That's unacceptable. If I were so inclined to do so, why can't I create a player? Why can't I create a team? Are you going to tell me, "Well KC, just don't create players/teams then"? Come on, I don't want to be locked into playing the game a certain way because of crashes. It's like if I released a uniform mod and it crashes the game. How does that look upon me if I told the user "Well, I guess you just don't select that team then". Maybe my mindset towards modding differs from yours. I don't like having to limit the user to playing the game a certain way. Whatever.

Anyone on this site who has ever played MVP will tell you, they can deal with quirks or bugs because there can always be workarounds, but crashes are unacceptable.

Some sacrifices can be made when you mod for the sake of stability. Especially if you mod rosters.

People won't understand game crashes.

Lastly, I will be blunt with you, BSU-FAN. If there are things that can be improved with your roster for the sake of stability, then let's work on those things. I am a modder, like you. We are all on the same damn team. If this is your mindset on people making alterations in an attempt to improve or resolve any issues with your work, stop modding.

Take your glove, ball, and go home.

KC...You clearly completely missed the many points I was making. For starters...i don't owe you anything (which obviously you think I do by using the word "unacceptable" in the context you did) , nor can i "handicap" your enjoyment by creating something for you to use that didn't exist in the first place. If you want to create a team...use the default roster. Next, You didn't reach out to me at all to even ask if I had even tried what you did... Which I did 2 weeks ago and spent 30 hours actually testing things out. Third, If I ask the admin on here if they consider posting someone else work in the forums without permission is "releasing" someone elses work... what do you think they would say? And then the last point is you hijacked the roster thread with your own versions crashes and issues because you choose not to test it or reach out to make an educated decision on whether this would work. I have 3 years of working with 2k's rosters and its insulting that you assume your 15 mins of effort would somehow fix the create-a-player issue. The default ones crash if you have certain settings on or play in different game modes! So if that's "unacceptable"...then play a different game.

Guys, you both are excellent modders and have contributed greatly to the enjoyment of the game. Please cool down, put your egos away and try to work together and communicate with each other. This community needs both of you, this game has seen its hayday, thank you BOTH for what you do and keep up the good work.

KC...You clearly completely missed the many points I was making. For starters...i don't owe you anything (which obviously you think I do by using the word "unacceptable" in the context you did) , nor can i "handicap" your enjoyment by creating something for you to use that didn't exist in the first place. If you want to create a team...use the default roster. Next, You didn't reach out to me at all to even ask if I had even tried what you did... Which I did 2 weeks ago and spent 30 hours actually testing things out. Third, If I ask the admin on here if they consider posting someone else work in the forums without permission is "releasing" someone elses work... what do you think they would say? And then the last point is you hijacked the roster thread with your own versions crashes and issues because you choose not to test it or reach out to make an educated decision on whether this would work. I have 3 years of working with 2k's rosters and its insulting that you assume your 15 mins of effort would somehow fix the create-a-player issue. The default ones crash if you have certain settings on or play in different game modes! So if that's "unacceptable"...then play a different game.

I take back what I said. I was wrong for that and out of line.

I will say that any of the work uploaded in this thread is very much your work as it is your roster. Yes, I made edits, and the recent upload is indicative that the hex edits I made were causing crashes/issues, so I'll re-do those changes, but they will remain in this thread, not up for download publicly for members (which indicates an actual legitimate release). Once I'm happy with the changes (meaning the file works without incident), I do what I usually do with posts, I remove the file from the post and send those changes your way for inclusion in a future release.

To me, anything in this thread that has been uploaded doesn't count as a release, that's absurd and really just grasping at straws. It's not up for public download, so it's not a release. If that's the case then I have "released" countless random DDS files, both 2014 Rangers and Athletics uniforms, several colorlists and even an original Cole Hamels cyberface.

Guys, you both are excellent modders and have contributed greatly to the enjoyment of the game.

Couldn't say it any better.

If I had the money to start a baseball game franchise I would hire them both. They have proven to be better then the people who made 2k12. They might not have perfection in there work but they were not given much to work with at the start IMO 2k mailed it in there last 2 games

I'm not looking to argue. I understand where you are coming from. But please try and see things from my point of view. Editing rosters is a different beast all together. I honestly believe in quality control and have wasted endless hours undoing work that I trusted was sound when in actuality caused me to nearly quit editing rosters altogether. I believe the proper way to "improve" rosters is to share knowledge among each other first, rather then just putting versions out there that someone else hasn't put the time and effort in to see if what they changed actually works. And if you do come up with a way to successfully put more create-a-team players in the game and have put in the time and effort to test it out then please let me know, and I'd be more than happy to either import it into a future release and give you credit or even let you release a version of your own. Even starting a new thread for beta testing and editing this roster would be better than they way you choose to go about it. My point was...the method I was seeing in this thread was not conducive to improving anything and was discouraging to see. I manage things for a living and couldn't imagine doing business in such a unorganized non communicable fashion...but maybe that's just me.

Couldn't say it any better.

If I had the money to start a baseball game franchise I would hire them both. They have proven to be better then the people who made 2k12. They might not have perfection in there work but they were not given much to work with at the start IMO 2k mailed it in there last 2 games

I would definitely look into modding NBA2K15, at least 2K gives a crap about that franchise...

or I could always go back to MVP.

I'm not looking to argue. I understand where you are coming from. But please try and see things from my point of view. Editing rosters is a different beast all together. I honestly believe in quality control and have wasted endless hours undoing work that I trusted was sound when in actuality caused me to nearly quit editing rosters altogether. I believe the proper way to "improve" rosters is to share knowledge among each other first, rather then just putting versions out there that someone else hasn't put the time and effort in to see if what they changed actually works. And if you do come up with a way to successfully put more create-a-team players in the game and have put in the time and effort to test it out then please let me know, and I'd be more than happy to either import it into a future release and give you credit or even let you release a version of your own. Even starting a new thread for beta testing and editing this roster would be better than they way you choose to go about it. My point was...the method I was seeing in this thread was not conducive to improving anything and was discouraging to see. I manage things for a living and couldn't imagine doing business in such a unorganized non communicable fashion...but maybe that's just me.

Could it be to cut down the amount of players featured in these updates? Maybe there are too many slots? What worked with 2K's original/end of season roster?

I would definitely look into modding NBA2K15, at least 2K gives a crap about that franchise...

or I could always go back to MVP.

I have a lot of NBA 2k mods and will definitely be looking for more 2k15

IF you could do anything close to what you did in your sweetfx for mlb2k on that then well that might just be the best mod ever

Could it be to cut down the amount of players featured in these updates? Maybe there are too many slots? What worked with 2K's original/end of season roster?

I do know that we are very near the max number of slots right now so part of the problem is definitely that. However after spending a considerable amount of time looking into and testing out different theories I believe its a combination of issues. One theory I have is ID numbers of certain slot ranges were coded for create-a-players or create-a-team players but again that's just a theory. lol I am far more baseball fan then computer guru so I have really just gone by trial and error at this point.

I do know that we are very near the max number of slots right now so part of the problem is definitely that. However after spending a considerable amount of time looking into and testing out different theories I believe its a combination of issues. One theory I have is ID numbers of certain slot ranges were coded for create-a-players or create-a-team players but again that's just a theory. lol I am far more baseball fan then computer guru so I have really just gone by trial and error at this point.

I will try to rearrange the CAP/CAT slots and see if that works/fixes anything, if you haven't looked into doing that by now.

I am hoping Vlad revisits the MLB games for REDITOR II his summer.

Well I know one thing for sure. "If" this issue can be fixed, or improved, it will certainly cave-in if you both share knowledge and work toward it, it doesn't stand a change against you both.

Secondly I always wanted to bring up a theory or put to the question of rosters limits one that has puzzle me to no end. At certain times of the year, teams get to extend their rosters to 40 man from 25 man, so we know this can be done. Ok, a 25 man roster at the major league level is excellent, no problems. But a 25 man roster from Triple AAA down is not exceptable, and is not even close to realistic I do not believe they have those limits at lower levels even. So my question is, Do you think it possible to take a "snapshot" of the rosters of teams at 40 man times, and paste over the normal minor league levels and permanently expand their rosters to carry more then 25 men each. This alone would greatly help the limitations in the game when we have Injuries, or signing draft picks, using Free Agents signings, and especially in trades, because so many times there are 1 for 2 deals or worse and they cant be done through the game normally.

Or do you think there is any possible way to increase the numbers of player slots in minor league teams. Not Major as I believe that would cause way more problems then its worth ??

Upon further testing, adding slots break the game.

2K Sports' final roster has 3851 player slots.

346 of those are CAP/CAT slots, so technically there are 3505 player slots that are of actual players.

Your roster, BSU-FAN has 3873 player slots and...I forgot how many CAP/CAT slots.

Upon further testing, adding slots break the game.

2K Sports' final roster has 3851 player slots.

346 of those are CAP/CAT slots, so technically there are 3505 player slots that are of actual players.

Your roster, BSU-FAN has 3873 player slots and...I forgot how many CAP/CAT slots.

OK....after staying up most of the night testing things out...I think I finally solved the issue. My next release will now have the same number of blank CAP/CAT slots as the original 2K roster and it has no crashes or glitches that I can find. I have tested out MyPlayer mode, created a team, added players to that create a team, played a game with the create a team, created more players in game, simmed through a few franchises and found no crashes other than the known staff resigning period at the end of 7 years, which can be bypassed by manually resigning the staff after 7 seasons. I also have been updating a few other details that I have seen since starting a franchise and those too will be in the new release.