Mlb2K14Bybsufan

BSU-FAN

they all do great work.some even have done schedule update, and learning the shudle stuff so may be we can get our version league play only ie nl or al not nl-al in a shedule at some point if no has tried it it yet. it a lot of work. but as soon i can do it i will. that at least make possible for throws of us that prefer the older days

ule

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel pretty much the same way. Never see any trades or free agent signings that aren't instigated by me when I control all the teams (and proposing trades that have to be accepted by me as the opposing GM just isn't fun, and the draft is complicated in terms of wanting to "do right" by all the other teams). I think it's a matter of how you play. I think a lot of people want to play a season and do all the moves to reflect actual MLB throughout the year. I seem to be in the minority, but I like to start with "reality" and then take it years into the future based in my own little world.

Note -- I've controlled just one team, and found that after 8 or so seasons, you feel kind of trapped and want to control another team for a new challenge. So I've tried controlling all 30, and didn't like it for the reasons I stated previously. So, this time around, I've decided to pick one team from each division that stays under my control, and let the computer handle the other 24. Seems like a happy medium.

Note 2 -- I can't stop thinking that a PC game that came out in 1999 (FIFTEEN YEARS AGO!) offered options to change your controlled team, the schedule (interleague or no interleague, balanced schedule or non balanced schedule). Hight Heat 2000 was way ahead of it's time in features. Hard to belive that now we have this graphically beautiful game that's fun to play, and it's left out features that were standard in the "dark ages". Sure wish there were MLB 2K equivilents of the TY Wiggans utilities for MVP.

I feel exactly the way you do about everything you stated in your post. I found it weird how teams would never trade players or sign free agents, no matter what the "Franchise automation" value was set on. I think I will use this V3 roster and begin my franchise again. What happens if you control one team per division? Do you see any trades happening, or do you still have to make all the trades yourself?

I feel exactly the way you do about everything you stated in your post. I found it weird how teams would never trade players or sign free agents, no matter what the "Franchise automation" value was set on. I think I will use this V3 roster and begin my franchise again. What happens if you control one team per division? Do you see any trades happening, or do you still have to make all the trades yourself?

The teams the computer controls will do stuff the teams you don't will act just like they do when you control them. However you will get a crash after the 7th season due to the staff issue

Is there anyway to fix certain players from having lighter arm skin tones then there cyberface?

Yes. I have made it so you can edit skin tones in the game rather than having to use the editor. Just find the player(s) you want to edit, click on them, select "edit player", click over one menu to the right to the "Appearance" screen and the skintone option should be right at the top.

Yes. I have made it so you can edit skin tones in the game rather than having to use the editor. Just find the player(s) you want to edit, click on them, select "edit player", click over one menu to the right to the "Appearance" screen and the skintone option should be right at the top.

I can't change the skin tones for Gordon or Jensen in the game.

• 2 weeks later...

Do I have to update your Roster can I upload? Or you can also upload your own new version?

Because I'm going to wait for you to upload your new version will only be able to update the Portrait

I will be releasing a post trade deadline version of my roster shortly.

i have a problem, when i trade or assign players to a team, the cyberfaces changed to 2k cap players.. like for ex.. i trade or assign jonny gomes to oakland and his cyberface changed in game but in edit player its correct cyberfaces.. also i try to other players and its the same.. anybody..

help please?

i have a problem, when i trade or assign players to a team, the cyberfaces changed to 2k cap players.. like for ex.. i trade or assign jonny gomes to oakland and his cyberface changed in game but in edit player its correct cyberfaces.. also i try to other players and its the same.. anybody..

help please?

Make sure your roster is a 25 man roster otherwise this will happen.

• 2 weeks later...

So, Hows the easiest way to give all teams inside reports and still have some money for other transactions?

I know that BSU made a franchise mod that used his other rosters... But I don't know if you can do this in a thrid party program or just from within the franchise game?

Any help would be appreciated.

I run a lot of sims and cpu vs cpu and its very noticeable on how much this adds to how teams play.

Thanx again

Is there a Cyberface pack that goes along with this? I'm noticing a lot are generic. Rosters are great, but I was just wondering about the faces.

All of the cyberfaces released up to the date of the roster release are compatible with this roster. You wont need to change the cyberface id # on them... You just need to extract the .iff files into your main 2k12 directory and you will be good to go. I hardly ever see a generic cyberface now that scottybily has pretty much done every team now.

So, Hows the easiest way to give all teams inside reports and still have some money for other transactions?

I know that BSU made a franchise mod that used his other rosters... But I don't know if you can do this in a thrid party program or just from within the franchise game?

Any help would be appreciated.

I run a lot of sims and cpu vs cpu and its very noticeable on how much this adds to how teams play.

Thanx again

Once you start a franchise you can go edit and lower the salary of the lowest rated position player in each organization (So in Single A). I have heavily increased the salary of those position players to cover the money and then some needed to purchase inside edge. I do it for every organization and it does take a ton of time to do all 30 teams...but trust me...its worth it! The game plays much more realistic and the defense automatically shifts based on scouting reports...and as you mentioned sims play out better as well. I still have a franchise file using my roster V4 that has all 30 teams' inside edge purchased that is at the begging of the 2014 season just like the V3 FX file I released if you are interested in it. I was gonna post it on here but actually forgot once I started my franchise.

I still have a franchise file using my roster V4 that has all 30 teams' inside edge purchased that is at the begging of the 2014 season just like the V3 FX file I released if you are interested in it. I was gonna post it on here but actually forgot once I started my franchise.

This is music to my ears. You should definitely post that bad boy up when you get a chance. I've been so busy the last year that I haven't had any time to play this game in forever. Now I've got some time, a new rig and the first thing I did was fire 2k12 up and install all of the awesome new mods that have come out since I've been gone.

Thanks for all your hard work BSU, and all the other modders too. Rosters are such a pain and it seems like you're always on top of them.

All of the cyberfaces released up to the date of the roster release are compatible with this roster. You wont need to change the cyberface id # on them... You just need to extract the .iff files into your main 2k12 directory and you will be good to go. I hardly ever see a generic cyberface now that scottybily has pretty much done every team now.

Once you start a franchise you can go edit and lower the salary of the lowest rated position player in each organization (So in Single A). I have heavily increased the salary of those position players to cover the money and then some needed to purchase inside edge. I do it for every organization and it does take a ton of time to do all 30 teams...but trust me...its worth it! The game plays much more realistic and the defense automatically shifts based on scouting reports...and as you mentioned sims play out better as well. I still have a franchise file using my roster V4 that has all 30 teams' inside edge purchased that is at the begging of the 2014 season just like the V3 FX file I released if you are interested in it. I was gonna post it on here but actually forgot once I started my franchise.

Thank you BSU for explaining how... and oh my yeah, if y'all got a v4 already available for posting, well sure [emoji2]

But thank you for sharing how it's done nonetheless...

Wow BSU, you weren't kidding! It takes a LONG time... I spent about 2 hrs and I have 8 teams done so far... haha. Oh my, monotonous

I wonder if Ty's edit program reflex changes to the team budget if I change players contracts from there. I'm at work right now so I can't check to see that yet, just a thought. But... I'm not even sure if you can change the contracts with that program... hmm, well disregard all if I'm grasping at straws at that one.

Just an update from my end... I finished getting all the inside edge for my franchise. In total it only took 2hrs 50min to do all 30 teams. It took awhile at first, but once you get into a groove, you can manage it in 3 hrs or so. At least for me. I've already noticed an improvement On how the cpu vs cpu plays. Very intriguing...i hate to say it, but I don't think I can ever go back to playing a franchise with adding this long inducing step. It seems to be worth it though.

Thank you so much for all you add to this game BSU. All your hard work does not go unnoticed.

Any chance of posting a version 4 franchise with updated inside edge. thanks :)

Just posted it...Sorry I didn't get to it sooner. I also added in lots of real nicknames to this file that weren't in V4 of my .ros file. Just another little bonus.