Win 7 & Win Xp - What Works And What Doesn't

asidewalkcipher

Well how can I use it to help run the game? Like how can I use it to improve my graphics?

Did you actually bother to read what daflyboys wrote? He explained that Adobe CS2 is a free program for anyone interested in downloading it. That program has nothing to do with Mvp 05 and will not help you run the game better or worse.

you're right, I misinterpreted what he said. My apologies.

Now, back to my original comment, is there anything else I can do to help the game run faster on XP or 7 that I'm missing? I've tried changing the resolution and textures/density/detail in MyMVP on XP but it didn't help much. I wonder if it would in 7 because back when I played it in 7 I didn't know it was possible to change those settings.

It's ok, there's always mix-ups. No problem. And I have been thinking about your problem off and on today and maybe it could be that you have a lot of things running in the background?

Also, what are your specs on your computer? Remember, this is a nine year old game and all newer computers should be able to play this game with no issues.

genuine intel r cpu u4100 @ 1.30 GHz for processor. Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. mobile intel r 4 series express chipset family for display adapter or graphics card. dell laptop. hope this helps.

Oh heck yeah, you have enough to play this game.

and i've been pretty good with making sure it's the only program running when i play it.

I believe you. This problem you are having makes no sense. I wish I could help you solve this. :(

maybe i could check for updates for the new xp i just got, maybe that will make a difference. the speed is good on xp but it still could be a bit better. if i upgrade my 7 i would gain the xp compatibility feature. would using this while playing it make that much of a difference? guess i have some experimenting to do tonight

maybe i could check for updates for the new xp i just got, maybe that will make a difference. the speed is good on xp but it still could be a bit better. if i upgrade my 7 i would gain the xp compatibility feature. would using this while playing it make that much of a difference? guess i have some experimenting to do tonight

I guess you could but I am not 100% sure. I wish you luck and come back in here and let us know how you make out and I hope it is nothing but good news.

If you're running an integrated graphics card, that might be it. You're on a laptop so I'm assuming you are, but I don't know too much about laptops. I know that on desktop PC's, it's a hassle to run the game (most games) on an integrated video card.

In the options area -- probably in video options -- you can turn vertical sync "off".... usually it's best to leave it ON, so try OFF.

I tried changing vertical sync to off on the original MVP05 on W7, and it worked great. It ran flawlessly. But when I play MVP13 on W7, it's very choppy, vertical sync or not. I'm about to try MVP13 on XP, but considering how I have MVP05 running better on 7 than XP, I doubt it will work.

i guess you didn't see my post earlier. this is a hardware issue. it runs better with just the clean install because it is much less graphically demanding than the conversion mods. the conversion mods require more juice because of the higher res mods that are in them, and unless you have a gaming laptop or a laptop with a dedicated graphics card, it will be choppy. it doesn't take much to run this game, but an integrated video won't cut it.

Do you or anyone close to you have a desktop PC with a dedicated graphics (NOT integrated -- as in integrated to the motherboard) card? I would say try an install on there before you waste all kinds of time on your laptop where it's not going to matter what you do since you seem to have an integrated graphics card.

Do you or anyone close to you have a desktop PC with a dedicated graphics (NOT integrated -- as in integrated to the motherboard) card? I would say try an install on there before you waste all kinds of time on your laptop where it's not going to matter what you do since you seem to have an integrated graphics card.

are we the only ones noticing this? :)