Baseup! Rosters 2014 ~ (Phase 4)

Gordo

Releasing one last roster with what edits? You must be joking. You yourself saw it took at least a half hour just to do pitching for ONE team. Actually, just checking, BAL is 7th in ERA, but wait, they're opponents BAA makes them 10th, so now how is your ranking of 1 better? Because they're your favorite team?

And therein lies the problem. I think you're too hung up on this rankings stuff. I really do. Clearly you're passionate about the Orioles, but when you do ALL 30 teams, then check the outcome. Again, the game ranks stuff like stamina very highly and other things too I'm sure. So the bottom line is that you're not going to get "authentic" rankings (whatever that is).

The OVERALL thing I'm going for is more realistic gameplay that will challenge the user. So, for example, that's why I came up with my Sim Pack.

So just so we know where we're at, I'm not releasing another roster that looks at ALL attributes like I do throughout the year (and like I did when I released FOUR roster packs). I would probably lose my mind. So how about additional comments about how the rosters play..... after all that's what it's all about.

Glad you got something you like.

Wait... I thought you had done some fielding tweaks? That's what I was interested in.

I acknowledged the overshoot, but I think part of that was the 'style' I used.. i.e. I probably overestimated movement...

I got a great idea. Why don't you make your own roster set and then when you get to the Orioles you can jack up their attributes as high as you can and then you can play a season?

I got a great idea. Why don't you make your own roster set and then when you get to the Orioles you can jack up their attributes as high as you can and then you can play a season?

Sounds like a bad idea to me, but thanks.

The first sim I did was 94-68... hm not bad.

Edited by JBricks

Wait... I thought you had done some fielding tweaks? That's what I was interested in.

I acknowledged the overshoot, but I think part of that was the 'style' I used.. i.e. I probably overestimated movement...

I did. I even posted the charts that I made up and use. It's nice that you got what you think is a realistic season record, but again, what were all teams' records? See..... we could go on forever like this.

Actually, I wasn't going to do rosters this year. But I decided to help out the community for one more season and who knows how long this game will go on. Many guys are into The Show and I understand why, but it's not for me. I've given it ample opportunities as well.

So let's move on and have fun playing the game. The funny thing is that since the Phillies are suckin' scissors this year, I'm actually pulling for the O's in the playoffs as my first choice.

Good night.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Shouldn't be. Did you edit something in the rosters? The fix typically is (because you're probably seeing a bunch of all-stars in the FA pool as well as on their respective teams) open the roster with MVPedit and either individually, or with a global edit, make all of the players' "HIDDEN" field indicate "YES" but ONLY on the All-Star squads (leave Future Star squads alone). In other words, don't change it to "YES" for that same player on his given tream. You'll find the field on the "Player" tab.

So there are multiple copies of fake players in the team rosters AND free agency? I've never seen that, unless you're now talking about two different things. I can't help the fake players the game generates in FA and I have no idea why they did that. But, you can reset rosters which should get rid of them and then save this reset roster to whatever you want (but only the game will recognize it). You're going to have to clarify what you mean, though.