What Caused Alex Avila And Alex Gordon's Names To Change To Ryan?

LouisvilleLipp

I just noticed on my MLB2K14 rosters (BSU Fan's) that Alex Gordon and Alex Avila's names have been changed to Ryan. Can I correct this? When I go to edit players within the game, the names are ghosted and can't be changed. What about using the roster editor? Thx.

PM me your roster, I'll take a look at it.

• 3 months later...

don't know if this applies to your issue.

I noticed when editing any of the names within the game, or within reditor, corruption can occur if the first or last name is not listed in the bank of names of reditor.

example, if Avila is not listed under the last name tab in reditor, at some point after further editing of the file, that name may become blank or changed to an other name.

i added all of the last names in the players tab to the last names tab, as well as all of the first names in the players tab, to the first names tab in reditor, and the problem of corrupted names was fixed in my file.

• 5 months later...

this happened to me a bunch when i was creating new players and editing names with the roster editor. for everytime i changed a name it might change every john to joe. all the charlie's became d.j. i didnt keep track of each edit so i dont know which caused which changed but it was a recurring problem for me when i was editing. no solution that i know of

I just noticed on my MLB2K14 rosters (BSU Fan's) that Alex Gordon and Alex Avila's names have been changed to Ryan. Can I correct this? When I go to edit players within the game, the names are ghosted and can't be changed. What about using the roster editor? Thx.

​Are you using my last MLB2K14 or the 2K15 ones? This is an issue I have I knew existed with older versions but have yet to see it occur with my any of my 2K15 versions. I do know that using the editors to change names is the best method.

don't know if this applies to your issue.

I noticed when editing any of the names within the game, or within reditor, corruption can occur if the first or last name is not listed in the bank of names of reditor.

example, if Avila is not listed under the last name tab in reditor, at some point after further editing of the file, that name may become blank or changed to an other name.

i added all of the last names in the players tab to the last names tab, as well as all of the first names in the players tab, to the first names tab in reditor, and the problem of corrupted names was fixed in my file.

​I will look into this to see if this is the issue. I have tried many different things in Reditor to solve the issue(and believed I had) but I never tied it to that so thank you for your help if this is in fact the problem.  

Is anyone else seeing this with my 2K15 version or just the 2K14 versions? 

Is anyone else seeing this with my 2K15 version or just the 2K14 versions? 

​I had the name change thing happen at one point on the 2k15 v2. The only thing I can remember now is that it happened after editing one of the generic A players on the Lakeland Flying Tigers. I then had people who had Romine as a last name who shouldn't have. I can't remember who it was that it changed though.

I'm also currently getting a bug from the v6 roster where some players are getting no stats in the minor leagues. I've had this before and it wasn't an issue when I actually played games. However, Kyle Ryan was one of the players I wasn't accumulating stats for when i simmed games. Since moving Ryan up the MLB roster and using him in games I actually play, it appears that his stats are being mapped to Angel Nesbit. Nesbit is also accumulating is how stats as far as I can tell. Not sure what is happening with this. This is a fresh roster/franchise install that I haven't modified or even loaded into a roster editor.