Mvp 14 Support Thread

dennisjames71

jshap: some people have reported a problem with just trades on. But especially injuries on is a culprit. You could attempt MLB only injuries / suspensions, but there's no guarantee. Until another roster comes out with full or nearly full squads, it's a problem of the way the game was programmed.

Thank you for your thorough testing mjeff35. I made sure to try my final build of MVP 14 on 3 different PCs of different classes (2 year-old laptop, older desktop with XP, and my gaming/graphics rig desktop). Thanks to Homer's theory last week about the size of the Models.BIG file...I experimented with a simple fix using the BIGGUI tool: http://www.mvpmods.c...le/1100-biggui/

By simply opening your Models.BIG with BIGGUI, clicking File and then clicking Rebuild...after a a few seconds, the program re-organizes the Hex Addresses of all the components...more importantly it brings the Models.BIG file down from 819mb to around 760 mb. I have had ZERO crashes since doing this on all of my installs of MVP 14. I would highly recommend anyone having crash issues to give this solution a try. It's quick and easy.

I tried that but it still keeps crashing!

ARGGGHHHHH!!!!!

I'm sorry to admit that I don't have any, that's all i've got.

Site rules:

No warez, cracks, or links to such content.

Help, requests or posts that discuss circumvention of copyright measures are forbidden. This includes linking to illegally obtained software, movies & music files - posting about it, and suggesting obtaining it.

What this little tidbit means is that you can not get any support in here. It's not that no one wants to it's just that if we help out someone with an illegal version of the game we have to help out everyone with one and that can't happen.

There you have it.

Is anyone having issues with AT&T Park? I'm trying to play a home game with the SF Giants but the stadium comes up for a few seconds then crashes to the desktop. Both Day and Night games are crashing to the desktop. Can someone verify on their end that playing a game at AT&T Park is working for them. Thanks.

I tried loading a Day game at AT&T Park with Tim Hudson starting and it worked fine. I then tried to start a Night game with Matt Cain and it crashed right when the first batter comes up. So, I tried to "edit" Matt Cain within the game to check him and it crashed...obviously a cyber-face issue.

I found this Matt Cain cyberface <attached> and installed with TiT and now I have no problems with the Giants and At&T Park. :good:

775-Matt Cain cyberface.zip

I tried loading a Day game at AT&T Park with Tim Hudson starting and it worked fine. I then tried to start a Night game with Matt Cain and it crashed right when the first batter comes up. So, I tried to "edit" Matt Cain within the game to check him and it crashed...obviously a cyber-face issue.

I found this Matt Cain cyberface <attached> and installed with TiT and now I have no problems with the Giants and At&T Park. :good:

Ok thanks. I'll load this up when i get home and see what happens.

I use Bigui this morning (reduced the models.big to 764KB) and was able to play a 6 inning game without any problems at all, so far so good, but when I try to play once again this afternoon the game crash in the first inning or in the middle of the loading bar..weird :facepalm:

Reduce it to about 660mb and see what happens.

where i find the mvp editors? my purpose was not create a new player I only want to put a cheat to unlock all the stadiums.

I'm not sure what one has to do with the other, but I believe the MVPedit download is still broken. However, an admin. stuck an attachment for it somewhere in a thread. Just search mvpedit and look at some recent threads. You still need to follow the instructions on the MVPedit downloads page for what support installs you may need to make it function.

Reduce it to about 660mb and see what happens.

How? deleting some cyberfaces? I already reduce the file with BiGui to a 764 KB, is there a way to know if the file is corrupted?, because in a clean mvp2005 install I only paste the latest roster Daflyboys 2014) with the correposnding models.big and the game crash, so must be the models.big whio´s causing the problems

How? deleting some cyberfaces? I already reduce the file with BiGui to a 764 KB, is there a way to know if the file is corrupted?, because in a clean mvp2005 install I only paste the latest roster Daflyboys 2014) with the correposnding models.big and the game crash, so must be the models.big whio´s causing the problems

Too many unknowns..... maybe it's time to just start over and re-install.

Man I gotta look into playing this again :)

I was thinking the same thing KC, until I started running into problems getting the game to load. I'll keep trying to find a way to play it. Tired of hearing how much fun it is, without re- experiencing it my self. I remember when it first came out 10 yrs ago, the gameplay was second to none.

i've actually narrowed it down to an issue with the uniforms. it crashed for everyone but worked fine when i swapped out the models.big. i've installed each part of the models.big into a fresh one and it starts crashing every time i install the uniforms. i'm going through them as we speak to make sure the uniforms have all been packed correctly. if it ends up working we'll know the culprit. if you don't hear from me, avenge my death.