Mvp 14 Support Thread

dennisjames71

You're confusing portraits and cyberfaces. Portraits are the 2D pictures and cybers are the 3D model faces. Regardless, any mod you want to install should be placed (intact in its' zipped file) in the main MVP folder (yes, along with TiT). As long as the cyberface ID no. and the ID no. in a given roster match and are correct (official), you should have a good match. Typically, Rising Son uses the official ID. Initiate TiT and open the given zipped mod you want to install.

What rosters are you using? That is, to which version of MVP are you trying to do these installs?

Thanks daflyboys. I'm trying use Rising Son's "New Portrait for MVP14" vol 1-6 in your guys' MVP14 using "BaseUp! Rosters MVP 14 Alternate Phase 4 Ver (Injuries)". I have TIT and the .rar files in the main game directory. Some reason I'm only getting a few portraits...maybe 1/4 of the rosters. And there is a lot of wierd cyberface models.

Thanks again for your help daflyboys. I stayed up all weekend and made my own portrait pack. The cyberfaces that were messed up was (on Kansas City) Greg Holland, Mike Moustakas, Eric Hosmer, theres more but I'd have to go back and look. Anyways I fixed that by using Homer's cyberface pack...it fixed all I cared about except Mike Moustakas and I can live with that.

Anyways now I have a new problem(ARGH!). Hopefully you have some suggestions: Everytime I sim a season it crashes when it hits April 17th. I tried using BigGUI on models.big as suggested on the MVP14 download page and it didnt work. Any suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if I can get anymore help on this but I'll try :>:

I'm trying to do a normal Dynasty (with injuries,suspensions,rained out games and cpu trades all DISABLED). That gets me through the first season. However on the second season AFTER spring training, around April 10th or so, I get the simulation freeze. I double checked that everything was disabled after the season and have tried things like using biggui for models.big etc, but I can't see to get it to stop freezing in the second season.

Am running windows 7 64bit. I do own a legitimate copy of the game.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if I can get anymore help on this but I'll try :>:

I'm trying to do a normal Dynasty (with injuries,suspensions,rained out games and cpu trades all DISABLED). That gets me through the first season. However on the second season AFTER spring training, around April 10th or so, I get the simulation freeze. I double checked that everything was disabled after the season and have tried things like using biggui for models.big etc, but I can't see to get it to stop freezing in the second season.

Am running windows 7 64bit. I do own a legitimate copy of the game.

Maybe because it's retiring players?

I played the first game and everything ran fine except it was jerky. I remember that patch 3 corrects that. However when attempting to install patch 3 I get this error.

---------------------------
Patch Error
Old File not found. However, a file of the same name was
found. No update done since file contents don't match

Probably because dennis already patched the version he was upgrading. Maybe your graphics drivers? Roll them back. I remember when I used to use an ATI card, I would have problems, including stuttering/shuddering during a throw, etc. I went back to some earlier ATI vid driver version and it worked well.

The game has 2 basic default angles where you are essentially getting the catcher's view or you're behind the pitcher. Modder's here discovered a "file within a file" that they could mod and get various camera angles for all sorts of different things (datafile.txt which are always placed within the 'data' subfolder). That's why when you look in the MVP2005 area for downloads you see a "camera/datafile" section all to itself. So it depends on what kind of view you're looking for. Keep in mind that the data.txt file can affect other things on the field, like ball physics, etc. So someone who manipulated one of these files may have changed multiple things simultaneously.

If you want a great challenge, give this a go. The behind the pitcher angle is straight on.

'&do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

The game has 2 basic default angles where you are essentially getting the catcher's view or you're behind the pitcher. Modder's here discovered a "file within a file" that they could mod and get various camera angles for all sorts of different things (datafile.txt which are always placed within the 'data' subfolder). That's why when you look in the MVP2005 area for downloads you see a "camera/datafile" section all to itself. So it depends on what kind of view you're looking for. Keep in mind that the data.txt file can affect other things on the field, like ball physics, etc. So someone who manipulated one of these files may have changed multiple things simultaneously.

If you want a great challenge, give this a go. The behind the pitcher angle is straight on.

'&do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

Thanks for the info!

I played the first game and everything ran fine except it was jerky. I remember that patch 3 corrects that. However when attempting to install patch 3 I get this error.

Patch Error
Old File not found. However, a file of the same name was
found. No update done since file contents don't match

Patches can only be installed on "clean", unmodded versions of the game. If you want to install mods, you typically patch your game first and THEN install the mods. It was EA's way of making sure that you were only applying the patches to official released versions of the game.

Installed the mod, and tried to start a Dynasty. Go to play the first game, and it crashes. Using a clean install, the rosters that came with the mod and the Blue Jays. Any suggestions?

OS? To what directory did you install it? Was your clean install officially patched first?

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a known Cyberface issue with Jered Weaver? When i try to play or edit him,my game crashes.I´m playing with opening day rosters from Kyleb.

( I changed his id for now ,so i can play)

Edited by StAhL

• 4 weeks later...

I am not sure if this thread is monitored much anymore but figured I'd give it a shot. I too am having the "MVP2005.exe stopped responding" error. I have pretty much tried everything in this forum with the exception of "rebuilding" the models.BIG file as I cannot seem to find a valid download link for it. Any help with getting my hands on this would be appreciated tremendously as this looks like an awesome mod! Thanks for any help you can provide!

Can you be a little more clear about what happens and when?  Also, what OS are you using?

The tool (bigGUI) for rebuilding the models file is in here:  http://www.mvpmods.com/files/file/7917-mvp-baseball-tools/

Make a models.big back-up first.  Open the models file with this tool and from one of the tabs, simply select "rebuild".  The tool doesn't tell you when it's finished, but if you can successfully click on any of the tabs again, and it responds, you'll know it's done.

Edited by Gordo

Can you be a little more clear about what happens and when?  Also, what OS are you using?

The tool (bigGUI) for rebuilding the models file is in here:  http://www.mvpmods.com/files/file/7917-mvp-baseball-tools/

Make a models.big back-up first.  Open the models file with this tool and from one of the tabs, simply select "rebuild".  The tool doesn't tell you when it's finished, but if you can successfully click on any of the tabs again, and it responds, you'll know it's done.

​Well, lets see, I have a Windows 7 x64 rig, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 760 with an 2 SSD's. Can run MVP2005 plain vanilla and vanilla fully patched but when I either make a copy of the whole deal and replace the data folder (choosing overwrites) or just leave it where it installed to and copy over the data folder with the game run as Admin and set to Win XP compat.  the game will start and get as far as picking jersey's and rosters but when it goes to start the game it crashes when the progress bar gets to about 50 - 75%. 

Followed your link to the tools, thanks for that by the way. I couldn't seem to find them. :-) Chose Rebuild and it seems to be successful, size of BIG file is somewhat smaller but am still getting same results. 

Will try another's suggestion about changing the res of Windows itself and see if that helps. Thanks to everyone for the input! I have to do my best to get this working as these may be the only wins my Braves get this season. LOL

​Well, lets see, I have a Windows 7 x64 rig, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 760 with an 2 SSD's. Can run MVP2005 plain vanilla and vanilla fully patched but when I either make a copy of the whole deal and replace the data folder (choosing overwrites) or just leave it where it installed to and copy over the data folder with the game run as Admin and set to Win XP compat.  the game will start and get as far as picking jersey's and rosters but when it goes to start the game it crashes when the progress bar gets to about 50 - 75%.

Followed your link to the tools, thanks for that by the way. I couldn't seem to find them. :-) Chose Rebuild and it seems to be successful, size of BIG file is somewhat smaller but am still getting same results.

Will try another's suggestion about changing the res of Windows itself and see if that helps. Thanks to everyone for the input! I have to do my best to get this working as these may be the only wins my Braves get this season. LOL

​No joy! Tried the resolution deal and it still crashes. Having said that, I also tried MPV12 and 13 and both of those crash also. Disabled A/V/Firewall and turned off my Razer software to no avail.

Finally just went with MVP 05/Patched sequentially 1 - 5 and added new MVP 15 Rosters and all is good so I guess that will be my solution. Thanks to everyone for ideas!