How To Move Dh To A Fielding Position?

bbgeek

Is there a way to do this?

I just played a game with the Indians in TC 1994. In the top of the 9th, I pinch ran for (1B) Paul Sorrento. After the 3rd out, I tried to move Eddie Murray from DH to 1B, and put the incoming relief pitcher in Sorrento's spot in the lineup, since I wouldn't get back around to that spot anyway.

But "defensive realignment" doesn't let me move the DH to a position in the field. And the "double switch" menu option was grayed out.

Thanks for any assistance!

You are allowed to do it, but you lose the DH. (i.e. the pitcher goes into the batting order) The rule is here:

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/official_info/about_mlb/rules_regulations.jsp

"The Designated Hitter may be used defensively, continuing to bat in the same position in the batting order, but the pitcher must then bat in the place of the substituted defensive player, unless more than one substitution is made, and the manager then must designate their spots in the batting order."

this was all i meant to say. if you switch the DH, you lose the DH. the game engine is programmed to let the AL teams use a DH. if they programmed that exception in there, i imagine it would cause utter chaos with the way they programmed lineups in the dat files.