How To Make Your Own Mlb 2K Soundtrack

aceshigh

After I uploaded DaSteelerz's soundtrack for MLB 2K12 I received a few messages from users asking me how to make a personal soundtrack. Well, instead of answering each person privately, I thought I'd make a tutorial, so everyone interested in making their own soundtrack for the game can do that. It's really simple and everyone can do it.

TOOLS YOU WILL NEED:

1. DYosua's latest version of the MLB 2K Audio Editor (which can be found here: http://www.mvpmods.com/topic/56435-audio-success/#comment-652792 )

2. 13 of your favorite songs to replace the originals with.

3. The original "jukeboxmusic.iff" file that's included in the game.

4. Optional. An audio editing program (such as Audacity)

BE CAREFUL:

-Always backup your original jukeboxmusic.iff file, in case you wanna go back to the old songs.

-Always run the audio editor as administrator, otherwise you won't be able to replace files.

-Make sure the songs you are using are in stereo format. Mono songs are not playable in the game.

The jukeboxmusic file is organized in slots, with every song having its own slot, and each slot having its preset length. The only negative side of modding the jukeboxmusic file is that you will need to use songs whose length is shorter than the original tracks of the game. For example, if the duration of track number "0" in the game is 4:20.23, you will only be able to replace said track with a song that is shorter than that (up to 4:20.22, in that case).

The program will automatically narrow down the replaceable songs for you anyway, but we will take a look at that later. For better results, it is recommended that you use songs that are at least 1 second shorter than the originals.

STEP BY STEP:

First of all, download the Audio Editor and open it.

Step 1.

Load the jukeboxmusic.iff file in the "MLB 2K Audio File" row.

You will notice that the big empty box under that row will fill up with a lot of numbers. These rows are the tracks contained in the game and the slots they use. The most important piece of information that you will need to pay close attention to is that contained in the "Duration" column, as that is the aforementioned "length limitation" for the tracks that you can use. If you select any of these rows and then click the "Play" button at the bottom right corner, you will be able to listen to said track before you replace it.

Step 2.

Once you have picked the track you want to replace, remember its ID number (first column). Then go ahead and find a song that is at least one second shorter than the original track you wanna get rid of.

If a song is too long, one way to make it fit the slot is to edit it with an audio editing program, therefore making it shorter, but that depends on your skills. If you don't feel like tinkering with an audio editing program, then I strongly recommend that you simply use another song.

Step 3.

After you found the perfect song for your needs, load it into the program by clicking on the "Browse" button near the "User Audio File" row, in the top right corner.

When you load a song into the editor, the program itself will narrow down the usable slots, automatically hiding the songs whose slots are too short to contain the song you just uploaded.

Step 4.

Select with a click of the mouse the song that you wanna replace and then click on the "Replace Audio Segment" button, in the bottom left corner of the editor. Once the program confirms that the song has been replaced, your job is done.

Now, if you select the song you just replaced and press the "Play" button, you should be hearing the new song playing.

Step 5.

Now click on the "Clear" button next to the "User Audio File" row, to reset the program and start the process all over again, starting from Step 2. You need to repeat steps from 2 to 5 for every song. Once you are done replacing all songs, just close the program.

Step 6.

Play ball!

HINT:

There is a 7-minute-and-20-seconds-long slot. If you don't wanna use a 7-minute-long song, you can use an audio editing program to merge two different songs into one single 7-minutes-long track. Just make sure not to make it longer than the slot allows you to use.

As far as I know, there is no way to edit the song names inside the game. I haven't tried using REDitor, but if someone was able to use it successfully, please do let me know.

Thanks once again to DYosua for his work on modding the NBA Audio Editor, officially released by Leftos and Nesa24 of the NBA Live forum!

I hope what I said made sense and I hope it was helpful! :)

Edited by aceshigh

Thanks for posting this! I've had the music volume turned down to zero for the past couple of years because I've gotten sick of the songs, so I'd love to tinker with a new selcection.

Question: Does this also corrolate with the "walk up" music in-game?

You're very welcome, I'm glad this was helpful :) To answer your question, no, this process will not change walk-up songs: they are inside another file (called "pamusic.bin"). However, the process to edit walk-up songs is exactly the same, you just gotta load the pamusic.bin file instead of jukeboxmusic.iff into the Audio Editor. After that, you gotta find the sound you want to get rid of and replace it with a pre-cut audio file.

If you need futher explanation, do not hesitate to ask.

• 4 months later...

I keep getting this error upon trying to insert songs or themes, they are all mp3, does that matter??? I followed the tutorial to the T also???

http://s220.photobucket.com/user/DaGMan_2007/media/WoT Mod Project/Untitled_zpsou3i6gyl.png.html

Run the program as administrator. Right click on the exe, and select "Run as Administrator". It's the only way to edit files in the Program Files folder.

Run the program as administrator. Right click on the exe, and select "Run as Administrator". It's the only way to edit files in the Program Files folder.

​Ok that worked Kccitystar, "BUT" when i go in game none of the songs play & i can't even make them out, its just a bunch of crackling & audio distortion??? I followed the directions to the T also, even went back to them just to triple check i was doing all the steps right???

​Ok that worked Kccitystar, "BUT" when i go in game none of the songs play & i can't even make them out, its just a bunch of crackling & audio distortion??? I followed the directions to the T also, even went back to them just to triple check i was doing all the steps right???

​Are you sure they are stereo? The game won't play songs that aren't stereo...

Well, it would depend on the format they're downloaded into. Usually they are stereo, but the issue you just mentioned appears when you load a non-stereo song into the game (learning the hard way :p ). However, I'd open these songs with Audacity, that will show you if they are stereo or not.

Well, it would depend on the format they're downloaded into. Usually they are stereo, but the issue you just mentioned appears when you load a non-stereo song into the game (learning the hard way :p ). However, I'd open these songs with Audacity, that will show you if they are stereo or not.

​Yup there stereo alright, i even converted them to wav format & tried that, still same thing-the tracks wouldn't play neither after i converted them into the soundmod tool nor in game once i was done??? What am i missing or doing wrong here? i'm following the instructions to the T (at least i believe i am?) and nothings working. Help an old fart out who wants to get the most realistic PNC park theme as possible going please!!!