Which Mods Improve In Game Appearance Most?

akilgour13

So i'm interested in files that will improve the game look,for example Rolie's HDR mod or the hi res grass and dirt. Just looking for a few suggestions as to what mods people use the most for things like player models gloves and equipment crowds etc. No restrictions on my end as far as graphical power goes. I don't use the original 05 at all,just MVP 14,08,98,88,78 and 58 mods. I imagine many of the updates are in these mods already? Thanks in advance for any suggestions etc.

I think you're right.... many of the mods are in. The HDR is not as some PCs might not be able to handle it. The dirt/grass rez is a matter of taste as to which you use.

This past year I also updated the pre-game and in-game text menus (LOC files), though not any team names and there is also a generic portrait ID overall and per team if you don't like the silhouette heads.

I can use the HDR and that is probably the most improvement i notice along with the HD grass and dirt,i haven't messed with menus and such too much yet,just trying to get the in game squared away first. My dream is to find a program like texmod that works with dx8 so mvp could be modded like madden 08 those guys have created some awesome stuff over at the football idiots site. That could open up a new level of graphics improvement. It definitely looks to me like a lot of the other stuff is in the mods like crowds and bats,balls etc. KC's hi res player models look like an improvement over the ones from the 08 mod for example though and i'm sure there are a few more that will help now that i actually browsed the download section more thoroughly. I will eventually will get to your new text menus though:) Thanks!

• 4 months later...

O.k.,So i have found a couple of programs that seem to do a nice job of upgrading the hdr lighting and resolution of MVP and many other pc games.The first one is called ReShade,available at reshade.me(or a google search for reshade.me).This program is like Rolie's hdr mod with enb, except it uses many different effects packages.The nice thing about ReShade for use in MVP 2005 is that it uses DX9 shaders (by converting from DX8) which enable more complex effects.ReShade's developer is working with the guy who developed SweetFX,and many of the other people who create shaders for skyrim,etc. are members at their site. Get the ReShade with framework download,it has 3 different shader packages to try included with the download.        The other program is called GeDoSaTo which i believe is an acronym for generic down sampling tool. Downsampling is a method of getting very high resolutions to work without having a 4K monitor,essentially as i understand it. It will display at your monitors pixel settings ,the effect is much more detail onscreen,not sure of the framerate hit, it doesn't seem to affect my mvp in game although i have a i5 cpu and a pretty recent gpu(Nvidia GTX 645) so less powerful systems may be affected more. Both of these programs are very simple to use,GeDoSaTo has a screen capture feature that is a nice addon. I don't have any screens yet to show  but hope to post some soon. Google GeDoSaTo for a download location.

Gordo, you are welcome,this site and the mods and modders have given me a lot of enjoyment so any time i can help out it makes me happy to give back a little bit.Hopefully someone that knows shaders can run with this info,also GeDoSaTo has shaders built into it as well, i've just scratched the surface of it,trying to develop a package for Madden 04 but also MVP,just starting out. And evidently, if anyone uses pcsx 2 to emulate ps2 The Show games it works with GeDoSaTo as well.

Edited by akilgour13
Updated tool description and features