Off-Season This, That And Other Things

Yankee4Life

I believe he will re-sign with Detroit for less than the $200 million + his agent Boras is askin for.

Yeah man, good point. Boras always inflates the value of his client and I am going to be very curious to see what happens if no one budges.

You can't discount the Yankees here even though they have sworn up and down that they won't sign him but they are the Yankees and you have to compare their attitude toward free agents like this to a small child that you have to keep on reprimanding. As soon as your back is turned the kid will do what he is told not to and at the last second I can see them having a "change in policy" and Scherzer will be a Yankee. I hope not, but as someone who has followed these guys for years it won't surprise me.

I'm more interested in the pitch clock situation.

Not me. You know why? Because it's going to be ignored.

They're bringing it to the minors, so I'm just hoping it doesn't work. Clocks and baseball...not a good combination IMO.

They should just enforce the rules that already exist. And cut the advertising time during games. I know this will never happen, but I think it would really have an impact in the total duration of the game.

Other than that, most players just need a personality transplant. Just check some games from 20-30 years ago on youtube and you will see none of these 'routines' most hitters go through in the box. Just get in there and hit the damn ball, no time for all that crap they go through nowadays.
Now, they get out of the box, check their gloves, check their bat, get the dirt out of the cleats, check the gloves again, stare at the bat as if they're waiting for it to tell them if they're going to get a hit or not, check the hitting gloves for the 3rd time and now they're finally ready to hit. Oh no, he asked for time again...And they do this for the entire duration of the at-bat. Just enforce the rules and they game will go a lot faster.