2015 Xbox Rosters

jollydodger

1. I read the "before you start a new topic" post

2. I realize very few people will see/want this, but

3. If so, it will slowly, certainly, gradually slip off the page

4. People looking for 2015 roster will click this topic, as the 2014 topic is now outdated. I think this to be prudent.

FWIW, I'm willing to share 2015 rosters for Xbox. As I don't have a modified xbox or action replay or any of that, I can only save it on a card you send. This is free, it's no big deal, just want to make it available to anyone that wants it. Rosters are maintained using rosterresource, pitcher repertoires are provided by fangraphs and brooksbaseball. Every player's stance/delivery isn't accurate, but all of the performance-based ratings should be. Only the MLB and AAA teams are comprised of viable players rated properly. Retired players make up most of the AA and A squads to keep them out of the way.

If you have any questions about anything or need my contact info, send me an IM through here.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

1. I read the "before you start a new topic" post

2. I realize very few people will see/want this, but

3. If so, it will slowly, certainly, gradually slip off the page

4. People looking for 2015 roster will click this topic, as the 2014 topic is now outdated. I think this to be prudent.

FWIW, I'm willing to share 2015 rosters for Xbox. As I don't have a modified xbox or action replay or any of that, I can only save it on a card you send. This is free, it's no big deal, just want to make it available to anyone that wants it. Rosters are maintained using rosterresource, pitcher repertoires are provided by fangraphs and brooksbaseball. Every player's stance/delivery isn't accurate, but all of the performance-based ratings should be. Only the MLB and AAA teams are comprised of viable players rated properly. Retired players make up most of the AA and A squads to keep them out of the way.

If you have any questions about anything or need my contact info, send me an IM through here.

I'd be extremely interested in this. I have both MLB The Show 15 & MVP Baseball 2005 and I still prefer MVP. And since I don't plan on spending hundreds of dollars on the PC version, I'd like to find a way to update my current Xbox version.

• 2 months later...

Not that anyone cares, but I'm finishing up an all-time teams roster.  I started with the oldest 16 franchises, then the ones from the 60s, then the expansion teams from the 90s last.  Starting 8, backup catcher, corner IF, middle IF, OF, and UTIL on the bench.  6 SP and 6 RP on each roster.  Players were put on the team they played the longest for, unless they weren't good enough to be on that team, and were put on the 2nd-most played for team. 

If anyone is interested, you'd have to send your memory card, as I'm low-tech and not super savvy with all this. 

• 1 month later...

Updating hitter ratings this week, with top rookies included (Bird, Conforto, Schwarber, etc).  It's not really a process that ever ends, I'm never "finished."  But all team rosters have 6 SP, 6 RP, 8 position players (9 for AL), and 5 bench spots (4 for AL). 

Once all 25 guys for each team have updated ratings, I'll try to add the rest of the 40-man rosters to the AAA clubs.  Once that's done, I'll remove all the free-agents from rosters, and will hopefully have enough to replace them with, so that rosters for every team are still at 25.

Again, it's no charge, you just have to mail me your memory card.

• 3 weeks later...

Rosters all done for this season.  At some point I'll remove the FA's.

I had a guy send me his card and when he got it back, someone had torn the envelope and it was empty.  I don't want to make a habit of it, but I bought another card online to make sure this guy gets the roster.  Postal workers piss me off.  Anyway, if you know of anyone that would want it, let me know.  Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

how do you edit XBOX rosters.  I would like to do this for myself, i just purchased an original xbox for this game.  I would like to make my own rosters with 2016 player names and etc.  Just curious how this is done and then loaded to the xbox.  

• 5 weeks later...

Odiwon, great question!

Gordo, I would be interested in the same question, both options if you have knowledge of them or just the one you have the best knowledge of.

I previously had rosters on a ps2 that I would buy, although good rosters, they do not have updated faces or player cards, just generic (maybe there is not a way around this). 

It seems to me with the right tools (AR or modded Xbox) you can do more to update the game with an Xbox than you can the ps2 version.

For the best updates would it better to have a modded Xbox or does it not matter?

Thanks in advance for your response, this is a great little community of MVP, the more I dig around here the more I find some similarities to what I'm after, just trying to gain a better understanding!