Only Get 8 Batting Slots In Mvp Edit

roadranger

when i open my mvp edit and want to set up the lineups vs lhp & rhp, it only shows 8 slots instead of 9 in the vs nl lineups. i have dh listed for both leagues in the game, but only 8 slots are shown in mvp edit. i've used mvp edit in years past and didn't have that problem before. i'm using mvp14 total conversion mod.

MVPEdit doesn't know anything about the settings in the game (i.e. whether you use the DH in both leagues). It only deals with the roster files themselves. NL teams will only show 8 players in the batting order and AL teams will show 9 players.

Asked and answered. Then you probably need to contact the author of the program. MVPmods didn't create the program. But I can verify what Jim is saying. You just don't like the answer.

didn't know i was going to be jumped for just making a simple comment. all i said was it worked for me last year. glass doesn't answer emails or messages, so i just thought i'd see if anybody here had an answer. sorry

didn't know i was going to be jumped for just making a simple comment. all i said was it worked for me last year. glass doesn't answer emails or messages, so i just thought i'd see if anybody here had an answer. sorry

I don't think he jumped on you at all. And as far as rglass95 answering your e-mails you may as well forget that. He hasn't been seen on this website since December of 2011.

I just opened MVPEdit and looked at the lineups and this is what I see:

1199oh4.jpg

This is the way it's always looked for me. When going up against NL teams, you can only assign 8 batting slots because the 9th slot is reserved for the pitcher.

Hopefully, we can put this issue to rest.

I don't think he jumped on you at all. And as far as rglass95 answering your e-mails you may as well forget that. He hasn't been seen on this website since December of 2011.

It has been years since I have looked into the program - you guys probably know more about it than I do now. :p

holy smokes did yo really just make an appearance? cool! but yes that's the way it works.

roadranger, Jim's one of the most experienced on this site with MVPedit because of all the classic mods he's made. and i can confirm as well that this is how it works. NL only allows the 8 spots to edit, because the 9th spot is always the pitcher. it's just one of the restrictions of the program. if you want to move the NL pitcher, you have to edit the roster.dat file in notepad.

• 1 month later...