Moving All Of My Downloads To Another Site.

BSU-FAN

​Sure, something like a post on facebook will help. But another thing when new users sign up. It has to be understood by them that if they have an account here and they make another one they will be banned. They must agree to this. So again why make one when you can send an e-mail or now use Facebook? And there is no reason why you have to get in right that second. If you are looking for a mod it's going to be here waiting for you.

​Contacting the site via social media has been a measure that has just now been implemented, and it's important that new members know this, as well as "new" and older members who may not know. If visitors believe to have an existing account on the site, they understand exactly why they are re-registering, which is most likely to be because of the circumstances I listed in the post above.

People don't always want to visit the site exclusively for the mods though, but that's a long term goal I'm looking to achieve for the site down the line.

These new procedures will take time to take effect but as long as they're made clear now and they're in place now, there shouldn't be any misunderstandings.

​Contacting the site via social media has been a measure that has just now been implemented, and it's important that new members know this, as well as "new" and older members who may not know. If visitors believe to have an existing account on the site, they understand exactly why they are re-registering, which is most likely to be because of the circumstances I listed in the post above.

People don't always want to visit the site exclusively for the mods though, but that's a long term goal I'm looking to achieve for the site down the line.

These new procedures will take time to take effect but as long as they're made clear now and they're in place now, there shouldn't be any misunderstandings.

​No, no. I get it and I think this is a good thing for new and current users alike. Maybe what we can do is adjust the wording in the signup process to include saying that under no circumstances is anyone to make another account for any reason and if they have had an account here before and can't remember the screen name or password used to send a message via facebook or e-mail to me so I can quickly assist them. I have reset many passwords for people in the past.

In other words don't take it upon themselves to do make a second one.

​No, no. I get it and I think this is a good thing for new and current users alike. Maybe what we can do is adjust the wording in the signup process to include saying that under no circumstances is anyone to make another account for any reason and if they have had an account here before and can't remember the screen name or password used to send a message via facebook or e-mail to me so I can quickly assist them. I have reset many passwords for people in the past.

In other words don't take it upon themselves to do make a second one.

I wouldn't be too serious about this though considering there are no actual "perks" associated with a duplicate account anymore other than being a nuisance for Staff.

There are procedures in place to discourage this behavior and there are many ways to contact any one of us before even registering.

I reworded the registration rules just so I'm clear.

Edited by Kccitystar

I wouldn't be too serious about this though considering there are no actual "perks" associated with a duplicate account anymore other than being a nuisance for Staff.

There are procedures in place to discourage this behavior and there are many ways to contact any one of us before even registering.

I reworded the registration rules just so I'm clear.

​I see. There's never been a perk associated with having one. It is just something that is always been done.

Where are the registration rules now after the site has been upgraded?

​I see. There's never been a perk associated with having one. It is just something that is always been done.

Where are the registration rules now after the site has been upgraded?

​When you log out, attempt to register. The part that says "I agree to the terms of service and the privacy poilcy" are the registration rules.

​When you log out, attempt to register. The part that says "I agree to the terms of service and the privacy poilcy" are the registration rules.

​I saw it. Not bad. Add one thing to it. Put my e-mail address in instead of the one that is there. I'm here all the time and while it does say it takes 24 hours to verify I never let it go that long.

I understand if something happens to an account.. but what are the odds of losing access to your email and your mvpmods accounts??  unless you lost your laptop or your hard drive was damaged and all your passwords were on it.. which btw is really strange if you keep passwords on your computer and not in a notebook somewhere only you know where they are..  But as far as accounts being spammed 2 and 3 a day by one person, thats just blatant disregard.

I wonder if Trues can activate some kind of log in protection for attempted multiple account makers.. something like a warning that you are attempting to create a second account, and you will be blocked.. or have some kind of box that appears where if you have lost your access, you can emergency send an email to an admin or something.. I know there are some who can lose access to their accounts, its very easy to do if you dont remember your password.. I have mine saved, I dont care so much about them.

Edited by DeuceBlades

Will there be another amnesty day at some point?  I don't really care either way.... just asking.

Every day has been an amnesty day. We have always had it set up that if you have a duplicate account all you have to do is message us and I will suspend the duplicate account and your primary account will not be affected at all. The person will not be suspended at all and the matter will be considered closed.

I understand if something happens to an account.. but what are the odds of losing access to your email and your mvpmods accounts??  unless you lost your laptop or your hard drive was damaged and all your passwords were on it.. which btw is really strange if you keep passwords on your computer and not in a notebook somewhere only you know where they are..  But as far as accounts being spammed 2 and 3 a day by one person, thats just blatant disregard.

I wonder if Trues can activate some kind of log in protection for attempted multiple account makers.. something like a warning that you are attempting to create a second account, and you will be blocked.. or have some kind of box that appears where if you have lost your access, you can emergency send an email to an admin or something.. I know there are some who can lose access to their accounts, its very easy to do if you dont remember your password.. I have mine saved, I dont care so much about them.

​I personally set proper security measures in place to prevent bullshit accounts from being created on April 20th.

There is a spam guard in place along with a collective list of IPs and domain names banned for registration use as I've seen people use temporary email addresses to register and get an email validated. Speaking of validating emails, I've set the account validation time from 30 days to 7 days. If you register for the site and your account is not validated via email in 7 days, your account gets deleted and you have to re-register.                             

As of the evening of April 22nd, there has not been an incident yet of account spamming, because the new system in place is working/learning.

Well, not exactly. I had to merge the account of two users, but that's fine.

To handle account situations, which are strangely popular, MVPMods has two social media avenues (Facebook and Twitter) to address users at any time during the day aside from the catch-all email it has always had.

Availability to everyone with any account issues has always been a big deal and continues to be. 

I outlined specifically what our site offers as a guest message to anyone who wishes to register.

I emphasized the fact that our content is free to download and it's free to register, and I revamped the guidelines and registration terms to clearly indicate that multiple accounts are frowned upon and we will let you know via a PM if we discover that your account is a dupe. If it is, we'll give you the option of deleting the old account or merging it with your new one.

Let me be clear and say that my end-game is not to outright ban a user from accessing our site but to retain them with our best judgement and maintain an orderly community.

Blatant disregard for the rules definitely gets you banned but my first initial step as your admin is to clearly communicate the site rules with our users. In other words, don't be a dick and everything will be alright.

Will there be another amnesty day at some point?  I don't really care either way.... just asking.

Every day is an amnesty day. If you have a duplicate account, we're always here for you to let us know.

Edited by Kccitystar