Moving All Of My Downloads To Another Site.

BSU-FAN

Thank you. And if DonSpa was still around like he used to be he would tell all of you that I would go crazy every time he made a new uniform. I constantly thanked him for his work. And when you have modders like KC, Dennis James, scottybilly and yourself working on that game it can't be so bad to play at all. I just do not own the game. I'm sorry. And for what they are trying to hold people up for to buy it I have no plans on trying it out. It's too expensive. That's how I feel.

I don't blame you for not buying this $200 game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCGYGFnqTEE

How petty all of this was... on both sides... and why are there people making fun of glitches? Glitches are present in EVERY game. Kind of lame... that's my 2 cents on all of this non-sense. It's a shame when great modders can't co-exist. Collaboration and helping each other out always makes for the best patches.

I am not so sure what the original outrage was. Can anyone bring me up to speed in a PM or something?

I was thinking the same thing, but all i can do is sigh. after all these years there's still drama.

to everyone with the "issues" with each other, you guys need to grow up and stop taking yourselves so seriously. if you want to leave, leave. if you want to stay, stay. if you want to discuss, discuss. but the site rules are there for reasons, and all the griping in the world isn't going to change them. you're not privileged to have access to all the decision making around here. your input is valuable, but that doesn't mean that if a decision doesn't go your way that it wasn't taken into consideration. life's just not fair sometimes but you're not the one responsible with making sure the site runs.

this drama has been here many years ago, and every once in awhile it just rears its ugly head. it's such a waste of time.

this drama has been here many years ago, and every once in awhile it just rears its ugly head. it's such a waste of time.

Isn't that the truth Homer? You know I can remember when this stuff was almost a nightly occurrence and it got depressing after awhile. I am glad it rarely happens anymore but when it does it still bothers me.

You guys are all amazing.

BSU, i've only been coming here since about 2008 I think, and I don't think i've ever seen anyone publicly bag out the 2k series or the accompanying mods.

Also, i've always found everyone here to be helpful and very accommodating with their knowledge, even when I ask seemingly dumbass questions lol

I think its great that the site accommodates the 2k series as well as High Heat.

I just wanna echo kyle b's sentiments, lets just relax and enjoy what we have here. Everyone's got an opinion on which game they prefer and as long as we are respectful of that, then we should all be able to co-exist here quite happily. So we should let these guys get on with putting the finishing touches on, what promises to be, an amazing new mod, that being of course MVP 15

Very unfortunate. The modding commnity can use as much help and cohesiveness as possible. I only come here for 2K so it's sad.

Now we have another PC game coming in RBI 15. It's a nice little arcade title. I have for PS4, but I think PC mods can improve it even more. It's real fun.

We all need to come together for the benefit of the sport and the benefit of PC gaming.

ive been here since near the beginning and still play both gamestoday. i sorry things like this happan every as been grate with with every they put into tthe games, and issues do happaen, but sorry this what is happening

wish it wasnt.

I can't believe there was actual backlash in regards to the article about the site. We don't deserve any of the recognition or the accolades, jesus christ

Yes, I'm embarrassed too. You modders deserved better.

And if I would have thought of this sooner I would have told BSU-FAN to check out when I looked for and found the guy who was taking his work and posting it on his site without his permission. If I didn't care or respect the 2k players or modders I would have found something else to do. My job is to help you guys and that extends to everyone. :good:

Well, it was only one person who whined about something. We're good.

i'm trying to really get the gist of what happened here, was it someone primarily from the MLB2K community that got outraged? I'm not really surprised at that.

Real talk, the MLB2K community has always been second fiddle at MVPMods. I've accepted this a long, long time ago when I started modding MLB2K12, and in no way does it make the community inferior. Some people are fans of one game, and some are fans of the other game.

Modding for both games, I'm just really glad we got a mention. Hell, the fact that Brent Nielsen (the MVP 2005 director) even spoke about us in general acknowledgement brought a smile to my face.

Do you even know how many times this site, let alone this community has gotten mention in any blog or website? I swear to you in the past 12 years that this site has existed (shoutout to the original MVPMods), I could only count it on one damn hand.

i'm trying to really get the gist of what happened here, was it someone primarily from the MLB2K community that got outraged? I'm not really surprised at that.

Real talk, the MLB2K community has always been second fiddle at MVPMods. I've accepted this a long, long time ago when I started modding MLB2K12, and in no way does it make the community inferior. Some people are fans of one game, and some are fans of the other game.

Modding for both games, I'm just really glad we got a mention. Hell, the fact that Brent Nielsen (the MVP 2005 director) even spoke about us in general acknowledgement brought a smile to my face.

Do you even know how many times this site, let alone this community has gotten mention in any blog or website? I swear to you in the past 12 years that this site has existed (shoutout to the original MVPMods), I could only count it on one damn hand.

Yes, essentially that's what happened. I think it's best to move on at this point

I agree. Let's all get along. He deserves to be here.

I will send him an e-mail tonight letting him know that.

It was a loooooong time ago but gamespy did acknowledge the 2K modding on this site..

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/major-league-baseball-2k12/1222493p1.html

I remember that one. And many years ago when Mvp 05 first came out we got mentioned in a game magazine.

To bring this full circle, the article, in summary, explains how, through the combined efforts of veteran modders and newcomers, MVP 2005 still remains relevant, 10 years after its initial release in February of 2005.

What was once just a simple little fun game of baseball is now a game that can be a time capsule (Total Classics) of a much simpler period of baseball, or it can open the gates to a different aspect of the sport we are not too familiar with in english speaking countries (MVP Caribe). It has also featured a crapload of uniforms from literally any era, rosters from literally any era, and stadiums from any era. We should be thankful that a site like Grantland has given us that kind of exposure.

The fact that there is an attitude from the MLB2K community of "What about us?" is laughably absurd.

You don't get a fair shake because:

1) The article is specifically not about the MLB2K community and

2) MVP Baseball 2005 has existed longer than MLB2K12 and

3) A significant amount of the existing community has existed and have come on board to the site due to the majority of content we have here for a 10 year old game (MVP 05).

I think for those who are relatively new to the MLB2K games and have only played those, they probably don't understand that this site originally hosted MVP Baseball files exclusively, and up until MLB2K9, MVP content was all we had, and lastly, for most of us in this community, MVP was the game that united us all, and still does to this very day.

This is what I'll say.

I've seen Y4L on a couple of different occasions made out to be someone who is quick to get rid of anyone who enjoys 2k.

I can speak from personal experience alone and say that Y4L has been VERY VERY fair with me. More then fair in fact. If he were the unreasonable person that some have tried to make him out to be I wouldn't be here. And I'm very grateful for that.

There have been MANY MANY modders here that have uploaded MANY MANY great mods for 2k and MVP most of them never have had an issue I'm aware of with any of the admins here.

Aside from one individual in the mlb2k community voicing his displeasure, I have not seen anybody express heartaches or gripes about not getting enough attention/recognition for this series of games or the work done into improving upon it through modding. I accept the fact that MVP will get more attention than mlb2k. It is after all an excellent game and why this site was created years ago. I think what bothers this individual (and myself to a degree) is that there is not enough recognition/appreciation shared here for a decent, current alternative PC baseball game to MVP, as well as all the work put into improving it in every conceivable way possible through modding. Maybe he was hoping that the excellent modders and longtime players for MVP would want to take a crack at modding mlb2k, or at least voicing positive feedback? The gameplay isn't as great as MVP, but then again it isn't terrible either. The game cant be that bad if I still have a desire to help try to improve it as much as possible.

Aside from one individual in the mlb2k community voicing his displeasure, I have not seen anybody express heartaches or gripes about not getting enough attention/recognition for this series of games or the work done into improving upon it through modding. I accept the fact that MVP will get more attention than mlb2k. It is after all an excellent game and why this site was created years ago. I think what bothers this individual (and myself to a degree) is that there is not enough recognition/appreciation shared here for a decent, current alternative PC baseball game to MVP, as well as all the work put into improving it in every conceivable way possible through modding. Maybe he was hoping that the excellent modders and longtime players for MVP would want to take a crack at modding mlb2k, or at least voicing positive feedback? The gameplay isn't as great as MVP, but then again it isn't terrible either. The game cant be that bad if I still have a desire to help try to improve it as much as possible.

The main issue with MLB2K12 isn't the lack of mods, but the lack of tools to make those mods possible. MVP wouldn't be what it is today if it wasn't for the tools provided by the diverse communities for a significant amount of EA's games, like FSHTool, which was originally designed to edit .FSH files for the Need for Speed games, or EA Graphics Editor which was designed to work with the NBA-Live and even Triple Play games. There's a lot more that I can't name right now.