Datafile mod - more user walks???

spitoon

I was wondering if someone can help...I loaded the datafile into the right folder yet it seems to be doing nothing...my pitching meter looks exactly the same whether I have the datafile in the folder or not...I am on all star and put user control and pitch diff to -50...what am I doing wrong? Also am not noticing any change in camera angles...

Any help would be appreciated

I was wondering if someone can help...I loaded the datafile into the right folder yet it seems to be doing nothing...my pitching meter looks exactly the same whether I have the datafile in the folder or not...I am on all star and put user control and pitch diff to -50...what am I doing wrong? Also am not noticing any change in camera angles...

Any help would be appreciated

DarkEnigma, just make sure that you are putting the datafile from the download into the correct directory.

Mine is in C:Program FilesEA SPORTSMVP Baseball 2005data

Yours may be different depending on where you have your game installed.

As for the pitch view mod. This will only show up when you use batting view 4 or the 6/4 option (which is pitcher view while on defense and batting 4 when you are batting)

Hope this helps !! :D

I've posted about this over at OS.

You don't even need to go as far as tweaking the datafile. Set User pitch control to -50 and pitch meter diff. to -50 if you want the meter that small. As the pitcher tires, you will see it become even smaller.

IMO, You should have green, no matter how small, to simulate how a pitcher can hit his spots early on when he's not tired.... and when they get down to about 50%, it should be very hard to hit your spots without a LOT of concentration.

i second this. i had the best mvp game ever last night, 10 inning win vs. the yankees as the sox. only thing that was off was mussina only struck out 3 thru 7 (120 pitches) but he also walked 4 (5 total in game). i used wells thru 7 and 2/3 (110 pitches) while striking out 7 and walking 2. timlin came in with 1 on and noone out and gave up 3 striaght hits, the last of which was a hit and run scoring womack to tie it up at 4 in the bottom of the 8th. brought foulke in who hung on 2 and 1/3 with 1 BB and 2 K's for the win.

all i did was increase (+) cpu ball rate to 10, as well as user and lower pitch meter difiiculty to -35. i also upped the foul ball frequency for both user and cpu to 10 i believe. the game play this year is the best it has been and it doesn't seem to require super tweaking to get a balanced game.

DarkEnigma, just make sure that you are putting the datafile from the download into the correct directory.

As for the pitch view mod. This will only show up when you use batting view 4 or the 6/4 option (which is pitcher view while on defense and batting 4 when you are batting)

That's the only thing that I can think of...make sure it's in your /data folder, NOT in the /data/datafile folder...

Also, I'm sure you have done this, but make sure it's unzipped first...I don't mean to insult you if you have already done that, but it's happend before :)

I am pretty sure I put it in the right directory but wasn't noticing any difference. Do i need to get rid of the .*big file before it works or does the program automatically read the datafile.txt file first? I was under the impression I only needed to extract the .txt file to that data folder. I'll doublecheck though....maybe I put the file in the wrong spot.

Also, when should I expect the meter to get really small? In the example screenshot it seemed the meter was really small right in the first inning. Should I expect to see a narrowing of the meter right away?

I am pretty sure I put it in the right directory but wasn't noticing any difference. Do i need to get rid of the .*big file before it works or does it automatically read the datafile.txt file first? I was under the impression I only needed to extract the .txt file to that data folder. I'll doublecheck though....maybe I put the file in the wrong spot.

Also, when should I expect the meter to get really small? In the example screenshot it seemed the meter was really small right in the first inning. Should I expect to see a narrowing of the meter right away?

Hmmm, no you don't need to delete the datafile.big, putting the datafile.txt into the /data folder will over-ride the datafile.big. Besides the datafile.big contains a bunch of other stuff that you don't want to delete. I can't think of any other reason it wouldn't work, other than it's not unzipped, or it's not in the right folder...

The meter is much smaller right from the start, in fact, on All-Star at User Pitch Meter Difficulty at -50, there is no green 'perfect' area...(you can get the green area back by upping that slider to +50). The meter gets increasingly smaller as your pitcher tires, by the time he's down around 40% its a sliver...

Archived