1993 Total Classic Mod Released

HAWK233391

Download Here: http://www.mvpmods.com/files/file/8952-total-classics-1993

MVP1993.jpg.532b2952d0498b9bd0b66e785df9

Total Classics 1993

***************************************************************************************************************
NOTE: Anyone is welcome to improve this mod or use it as a base for another classic mod! 

***************************************************************************************************************

*** INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS ***

- After you download the total_classics_1993V1.7z file, double-click to open it.

- Extract the contents of the file into a folder.

- Double-click the explodeme.exe file

- Find the location of a CLEAN (or patched) copy of MVP Baseball 2005 and click "Extract".

- Allow the program to extract all of the new content.

- Play the new Total Classics 1993
 mod.

*Be careful not to install the game to C:\Program Files\EA SPORTS\MVP Baseball 2005 if you wish to keep your existing MVP 2005 installation. 

-------------------------------------------

Main Features:

Rosters:

*Accurate MLB Rosters as of the end of the 1993 regular season (October 3, 1993)
*Accurate MLB Pitching Rotations and Batting Orders (based on 1993 season)
*Fairly accurate AAA, AA, and A rosters (many new minor leaguers were created)
*Every player's age was decreased by one year (from the 1994 Mod) for accuracy

Overall Team Rankings:

29yh1j8.png

Portraits:

*200+ new portraits were created (complete list located at bottom of this readme file)

Music:

*7 brand new menu songs (2 hold over songs from 1994 Mod)
*Edited/accurate Jukebox info.

Music Playlist:

b8r2ie.png

Art:

*New 1993 Splash Screen / License Screen / Click To Start Screen
*3 brand new main menu background screens (1 hold over from 1994 mod [Olerud])
*New roster management background screen
*New game mode background screen
*Stadiums: based completely off the 1994 Mod
*Uniforms: based completely off the 1994 Mod
*Game Loading Screens: based completely off the 1994 Mod
*Overlay/telecast graphics: based completely off the 1994 Mod

Credits

This 1993 Total Classic Mod would not have been possible if it were not for the tremendous work done by Hory and his team of talented modders that created the 1994 Mod.  Please note that all credit with regards to stadiums, cyberfaces, jerseys, overlay art, and many of the portraits should be given to him and his team.  

1993 Total Classic Mod Creators:

Rosters: HAWK23 
(MLB, AAA, AA, A using Hory's 1994 Roster as a base)

All-Star Rosters: Kyleb

Portraits: RisingSon 
(200+ new portraits added - all ML players have correct uniform portraits) -- See the Readme file for more details

Frontend Art & Audio: HAWK23
(NOTE: Game Loading Screens are courtesy of the 1994 Mod)

Consulting/Helpful Contributors: Yankee4Life, Stecropper, Kyleb, Jim825
(Thanks guys for answering all my questions and helping me troubleshoot!)

1994 Total Classic Mod Creators:

See the Readme file or the in-game credits for details

Edited by HAWK233391

hey buddy, downloaded the mod and did all the required stuff thereafter but as soon as I try and run the game, I get up  to  the MVP 93 screen, the I get the "MVP 2005 has stopped working" error.Is it compatible with all versions of Windows.. I have W8 on my laptop and im wondering if that's the issue'

Should work fine.  I've seen no other comments from people who have struggled to get it to work.

Does the 1994 Mod work for you?  If the 94 mod works the 93 mod should def work as well.

Perhaps some others could comment on whether or not they have successfully downloaded/installed it.

Edited by HAWK233391

I actually don't have the 94 mod but yeah ill just keep an eye out and see if anyone has similar issues. Thanks heaps buddy. That said though, I did have probs running MVP 14 but not MVP 13 so its odd

Edited by marty65

Thanks heaps buddy :-) works perfectly now. Hawk you are a legend man. I've been a Dodgers fan since the mid 80s but really got into it in about 1992. Brett Butler was my fave and I was a big fan of Eric Karros and Mike Piazza as well, and of course Orel Hershiser so this ROCKS!!! Love it buddy, sensational work

Awesome!  Glad you got it working!  It looks like I'll be releasing a 1993 Mod V2 fairly soon as Rising Son has touched up some portraits, uniforms, and logos to better reflect the 1993 season.

Be sure to update this existing mod with the more recent version. The site will always keep the old one in the event you want to roll back to V1.

• 3 weeks later...

I checked in the pname.dat and it only goes up to 5000 something.  What did I do wrong?  The 1994 goes up to 9685.

Thanks in advance,

Brobby05

I checked in the pname.dat and it only goes up to 5000 something.  What did I do wrong?  The 1994 goes up to 9685.

Thanks in advance,

Brobby05

​He may not have included the pname.dat file from the 1994 mod in this mod.  

• 4 years later...