Jim825

MVP Baseball 15 Support Thread

Thanks a lot!!! ITS GREAT!!!!

You guys are amazing!  Two little things I noticed: I have a finicky Windows 7 32 bit machine & to get MVP 2015 to play, I had to restart my cpu so if the game crashes when the players are about to take the field, restart your computer.  Also, & you probably already know about this, I played two innings w/ the M's.  King Felix's fastball was 87 & his change up was 91.  I only played for two innings- does the speed on the pitches go up as the game progresses?

You guys are amazing!  Two little things I noticed: I have a finicky Windows 7 32 bit machine & to get MVP 2015 to play, I had to restart my cpu so if the game crashes when the players are about to take the field, restart your computer.

​my best guess would be that its a graphic card or memory issue

I don't know if it's done on purpose or an error but everyone's age is wrong.

Also did a clean install of MVP 05 and followed the instructions. Anyone's game crashing? I can't get into a game at all.

Edited by GEOLINK

​almost positive that was purposely done.  its been like that in prior releases too im sure

​it's not an error...if you want to play dynasty mode starting in 2015 I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want Mike Trout to be 33 instead of 23.

Having trouble downloading the patch #2.  I had to move the copy of my game because as Kccitystar informed me, Windows 7 and above can't or won't play MVP from the program files folder that the game wants you to send it to when you install the game.  So I put it in C:\EA Sports\MVP Baseball 2005 and now when I go to install the patch it says "Patch Error: The old file cannot be found."  I tried re-installing and it keeps giving me the same error.  Any suggestions?

I don't think it's mandatory that it's patched.  It may be that the .exe file that's within the mod itself is patched.  I think more so that if you happen to have a clean copy of MVP 2005 installed and it's already patched, it's okay to install the mod over top.

If you have it in the original folder
Open User Account Control Settings by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type uac, and then click Change User Account Control settings. Turn off UAC Controls
Run patch

Alternate, when you run the patch... i believe there should be a run as admin option that way you don't have to turn the UAC off

As always, run the mvp exe as Admin

I don't think it's mandatory that it's patched.  It may be that the .exe file that's within the mod itself is patched.  I think more so that if you happen to have a clean copy of MVP 2005 installed and it's already patched, it's okay to install the mod over top.

​i believe the mod states to clean install, install patch 2, 3, 4, or 5, then mod game

Having trouble downloading the patch #2.  I had to move the copy of my game because as Kccitystar informed me, Windows 7 and above can't or won't play MVP from the program files folder that the game wants you to send it to when you install the game.  So I put it in C:\EA Sports\MVP Baseball 2005 and now when I go to install the patch it says "Patch Error: The old file cannot be found."  I tried re-installing and it keeps giving me the same error.  Any suggestions?

​You shouldn't move the folder, mainly because the registry has values that the official patch reads to look for the game and they might point to the default folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\EA SPORTS\MVP Baseball 2005\)

My rule of thumb is, if I'm doing any patch work that requires me to tinker with anything in the Program Files folder, I'm running it as admin.

Edited by Kccitystar

Also did a clean install of MVP 05 and followed the instructions. Anyone's game crashing? I can't get into a game at all.

​Most people doing dynasty play will use Schedule Updater to change the calendar to 2015. There's an option in the program that changes the ages to the proper ages. So the ages are wrong on purpose but there's a common tool to fix it.

Edited by kyleb

You guys are amazing!  Two little things I noticed: I have a finicky Windows 7 32 bit machine & to get MVP 2015 to play, I had to restart my cpu so if the game crashes when the players are about to take the field, restart your computer.  Also, & you probably already know about this, I played two innings w/ the M's.  King Felix's fastball was 87 & his change up was 91.  I only played for two innings- does the speed on the pitches go up as the game progresses?

​Can't explain the King Felix issue, his stats are correct in game. You'll get some variation in pitch speed, but not that much UNLESS you're changing your reaction time on the pitching meter.

So I finally got MVP 15 working.  I'm extremely intimated by the MVPEdit tool.  My question is, why can't I and others just edit the rosters through the game menu?  Do they not save the changes?  Do I need the MVPEdit tool to figure out this schedule updater for owner's mode so that players have the proper ages?  Thanks for answering all of my questions today.  I know I've had a lot.

Great mod but when I use the schedule updater to change the year to 2015 my computer freezes. It works fine if I don't use the schedule updater. Does anybody else have this issue? Is there a way to fix this?

I can manually put the files into a empty folder, but if I try to do the explode within my created MVP 15 folder, that has a clean copy of MVP 2005 , I get a cannot open output file after it tries to extract and copy over the data folder. Any thoughts of the issue?

​i believe the mod states to clean install, install patch 2, 3, 4, or 5, then mod game

​It's recommended that you install one of the EA patches, but not a requirement.

So I finally got MVP 15 working.  I'm extremely intimated by the MVPEdit tool.  My question is, why can't I and others just edit the rosters through the game menu?  Do they not save the changes?  Do I need the MVPEdit tool to figure out this schedule updater for owner's mode so that players have the proper ages?  Thanks for answering all of my questions today.  I know I've had a lot.

​You CAN edit the rosters in game menu, however, once you save them, you have to remember to reload them every time you start the game.  When you edit the rosters in the game menu and then save them, the game creates a .SAV file.  When you edit the rosters with MVPEdit and save them, MVPEdit actually updates the .dat roster files that are in the data\database folder, meaning that they will be automatically reloaded the next time you start the game.

If you can tell me which line(s) configure the behind the pitcher view, I'd love to know.  I did it once and damned if I remember or can find it again.  I'd like to make a 1P pitch view to go along with the 1P bat view.

Here are the lines I changed in my Combo Datafile v5.0 mod:

0xbed1924f 97<BattingView6RightLow>
0xcf7ab64e 97<BattingView6RightHi>
0xf83c7e3c 97<BattingView6LeftLow>
0x3611589b 97<BattingView6LeftHi>

For each line above, the following values were changed:

15 1930.793   16 170.022   17 1720.793;

Here's a link to the mod:  http://www.mvpmods.com/files/file/4574-jim825-combo-datafile-v50/

Epic fail it still does the same thing when I try to use the explode me, even with all patches installed.

Epic fail it still does the same thing when I try to use the explode me, even with all patches installed.

​What OS are you running?  Where (what folder) is MVP2005 installed.  Have you tried running explodeme.exe in Administrator mode?

Still having troubles running the game.

Did everything as instructed and did 'Run as admin'. I'm on Windows 7 64-bit if it helps.

Game crashes every time I try to get a game going.

Edit: Also can't go into Edit Player and look at someone's model because it crashes there too. I also installed patch 1 that's in page 1.

Edited by Kccitystar

after selecting teams and jerseys it crashes when the loading bar is halfway?

I have a clean copy of MVP 2005 in its own default folder with all patches, I have MVP 15 in its own folder with everything from the clean copy copied over to the MVP 15 folder. Running as administrator got the explode me to work, but still experiencing the app crash when trying to start a game. After selecting teams and jerseys, the loading bar goes halfway and crashes. Im running windows 7 32bit

Edited by puma91

I have a clean copy of MVP 2005 in its own default folder with all patches, I have MVP 15 in its own folder with everything from the clean copy copied over to the MVP 15 folder. Running as administrator got the explode me to work, but still experiencing the app crash when trying to start a game. After selecting teams and jerseys, the loading bar goes halfway and crashes. Im running windows 7 32bit

​Did you run the game in administrator mode?

Yes I been running it on administrator mode and still same issue.

Edited by puma91

​I did. Same problem. :(

​Check out my thread on how I install those multiple mods. I have not had one problem yet getting a mod to play.

​Check out my thread on how I install those multiple mods. I have not had one problem yet getting a mod to play.

​Thanks for the thread :)

However, my problem isn't trying to play multiple versions of the game here.

oddly I have MVP 94 and 93 installed they work fine, and so does the clean copy, its just my MVP 15 thats having problems going forward to a game.

oddly I have MVP 94 and 93 installed they work fine, and so does the clean copy, its just my MVP 15 thats having problems going forward to a game.

​Isn't that something? This should work too.

Just to cover what you did:

1. Clean copy of Mvp 2005. No mods installed, no nothing. Name that clean copy Mvp 15.

2. Run explodeme.exe and install it to that directory (Mvp 15)

3. Let the installation work and when it is done you have Mvp 15 installed.

4. There's a patch already for it so make sure you have TiT in the same directory as Mvp 15 and run TiT and install patch #1.

5. Now you are done.

6. Begin the game in administrator mode. You should be fine.

Patch for MVP 15? Is there a link to it? I was unaware of a patch for it already.

​Isn't that something? This should work too.

Just to cover what you did:

1. Clean copy of Mvp 2005. No mods installed, no nothing. Name that clean copy Mvp 15.

2. Run explodeme.exe and install it to that directory (Mvp 15)

3. Let the installation work and when it is done you have Mvp 15 installed.

4. There's a patch already for it so make sure you have TiT in the same directory as Mvp 15 and run TiT and install patch #1.

5. Now you are done.

6. Begin the game in administrator mode. You should be fine.

​Just did all of this and my game still crashes :(

I can install literally any Total Conversion mod and the game won't crash.

I install MVP 15 and it crashes :(

Not just going into a game but trying to go to the create/edit a player screen.

I actually have all the original patches installed in my clean copy.

Okay I tested going into create and edit players and it gives me a app crash there also.

I can install literally any Total Conversion mod and the game won't crash.

I install MVP 15 and it crashes :(

Not just going into a game but trying to go to the create/edit a player screen.

​If you still have the MVP 15.7z file, I want you to extract explodeme.exe using WinRAR to its own folder. After that, I want you to drag all of the contents of that folder to your MVP Baseball 2005 directory. Overwrite everything.

Report back with your findings.

KC, Its giving the same effect still after extracting and replacing the files manually.

Anyone know how to get the camera the same as MVP 14? Sorry I'm relatively new here, but last mod the camera angles while fielding were so much nicer. Anyone have a solution to my problem?

​If you still have the MVP 15.7z file, I want you to extract explodeme.exe using WinRAR to its own folder. After that, I want you to drag all of the contents of that folder to your MVP Baseball 2005 directory. Overwrite everything.

Report back with your findings.

​Still crashes :(

its a data file manipulation for cameras im almost positive.  your gonna need to mod it yourself or find someone for you i think... unless the file is in the downloads already

Anyone know how to get the camera the same as MVP 14? Sorry I'm relatively new here, but last mod the camera angles while fielding were so much nicer. Anyone have a solution to my problem?

Move the datafile.txt file from MVP 14 to the same location.

Also, this crash problem isn't team specific. I've at least tried to go into a game with 8 different teams and it always crashes.

I've tried to go into the Edit player menu at least 5 times with different players on different teams and it always crashes. I can roam around the menus just fine. But when it's game related it crashes.

Edit: Sometimes it'll crash before the loading screen menu even boots.

Edited by GEOLINK

Also, this crash problem isn't team specific. I've at least tried to go into a game with 8 different teams and it always crashes.

I've tried to go into the Edit player menu at least 5 times with different players on different teams and it always crashes. I can roam around the menus just fine. But when it's game related it crashes.

Edit: Sometimes it'll crash before the loadin

Geo, Puma... ive been running into the same exact problem as both of you and I think i know why... I am working with KC as we speak to test and try and come up with an answer and a solution.  I will get back to you guys once i can figure out whats wrong on my end with KC help... if you guys wanna pm me and shoot some stuff off of me, ask question...feel free

​Where is the datafile.txt file located? 

​The datafile.txt file would be in the data folder.  If you can't find it in the MVP14 mod, then you need to copy the data\datafile\datafile.big file to the MVP15 data\datafile folder.