Jim825

MVP Baseball 15 Support Thread

Geo, Puma... ive been running into the same exact problem as both of you and I think i know why... I am working with KC as we speak to test and try and come up with an answer and a solution.  I will get back to you guys once i can figure out whats wrong on my end with KC help... if you guys wanna pm me and shoot some stuff off of me, ask question...feel free

​Sounds awesome! Really hope you guys can solve this issue

I think I had similar problems of crashing the game in mid loading...the only way I got around it was installing a clean WinXP OS on an old computer and installing the game and mod right after updating it to latest service pack.

Update: Well I got it to work... Some how.

All I did was restart my computer, boot up MVP 15, and it works.

Before I noticed that the progress bar when it starts up wouldn't do the little downloading bar animation and it would just go to the EA Sports video (if this makes any sense).

When I restarted my computer it loaded up nicely.

I have to note that I did reinstall the mod, however, without installing any patches beforehand. So what I'm testing right now is installing Patch 5, re-install the mod, and restarting my computer to see if it works.

I did do the test of starting, exiting the game, and starting it again to see if it would still work - and it worked!

Edit: Going to also install the latest MVP 15 patch as well! Will let you know how it goes.

Edited by GEOLINK

Update: Well I got it to work... Some how.

All I did was restart my computer, boot up MVP 15, and it works.

Before I noticed that the progress bar when it starts up wouldn't do the little downloading bar animation and it would just go to the EA Sports video (if this makes any sense).

When I restarted my computer it loaded up nicely.

I have to note that I did reinstall the mod, however, without installing any patches beforehand. So what I'm testing right now is installing Patch 5, re-install the mod, and restarting my computer to see if it works.

I did do the test of starting, exiting the game, and starting it again to see if it would still work - and it worked!

​Well holy shit, the idea of "have you tried turning it off and on again" ACTUALLY WORKS. Roy was right!

bx9XpLE.jpg

Happy gaming, friend!

​Well holy shit, the idea of "have you tried turning it off and on again" ACTUALLY WORKS. Roy was right!

bx9XpLE.jpg

Happy gaming, friend!

​LOL Thanks KC

I smacked my head because I could've sworn I read something like that somewhere on here.

Just did the Patch update, restarted my PC, booted MVP 15, went into a game and it works!

I know I've been away from MVPMods for years but damn it feels good to be back! Big thanks to all the contributors who have been giving us these great updates for years. You guys are the best!

Also,

Can someone direct me to a clean shaven Brian McCann face? :)

didn't work for me... meh... ill have to do a file by file trial and error to figure it out

Edited by BigRog

didn't work for me... meh... ill have to do a file by file trial and error to figure it out

​If you make any changes to the files, make sure you restart your computer, and then boot the game.

One last question:

How does one change the Franchise/Owners mode year to 2015?

the schedule updater.

And i did restart the comp after doing all that..  Im so confused by this

Can someone direct me to a clean shaven Brian McCann face? :)

​Can you install this and post a screenshot so I can see what it looks like?  I don't have the game installed on this computer i'm using right now.

mccann.rar

​Can you install this and post a screenshot so I can see what it looks like?  I don't have the game installed on this computer i'm using right now.

mccann.rar

​but beards are so much better
WZ2sV0b.gif

tell that to the yankees

ive never liked the clean cut rule they run...

and that's why you'll never play for them

​that and the fact I am 25 now and stopped playing freshman year of HS to focus on Hockey lol

i think those mlb dreams are a long shot at this point

​but beards are so much betterWZ2sV0b.gif

Amazing .GIF

I always loved his one page manifesto.

​that and the fact I am 25 now and stopped playing freshman year of HS to focus on Hockey lol
i think those mlb dreams are a long shot at this point

​haha.  yeah...  i gave up baseball for track so i know what you mean.  who knows what could have been.  

now has anyone tried that mccann face yet?  I still need an ingame shot to see what it looks like.

Amazing .GIF

I always loved his one page manifesto.

​hands down favorite character/favorite scene all because of me one page manifesto

mccann.rar

Thanks, Homer.

Edited by GEOLINK

Even with MVP 15 patch 1, still having problems trying to get to a real game, it goes to the loading screen the bar goes so far then boom app crash again.

mccann.rar

​Is this okay?

QcB3L8B.jpg

For me, when I choose exhibition games, there's no menu with a choice stadium. Is it only happens to me?

​Is this okay?

​do a shot of him in the field.  when you start a game, put him in as the SS or something.  then pause in the game and get an ingame shot.

So I'd imagine there is an easy fix to this, and I'm just a noob who doesn't know what he's doing. But I installed the new mod, on a completely fresh, recently installed game of MVP 2005. The menu loaded with no problems whatsoever, but when I tried to start a game, the game crashed when the loading bar was about halfway done, I've tried to start a game multiple times, but with no success, I REALLY want to play this, so I'd appreciate it if someone responded. 

1) keep stuff like this in the mvp15 support thread next time.  Some of the moderators are real nitpicky about stuff like this and it just avoids you being looked bad upon by others
2) issues been popping up with other people as well.  its getting looked into, i swear

1) keep stuff like this in the mvp15 support thread next time.  Some of the moderators are real nitpicky about stuff like this and it just avoids you being looked bad upon by others

​That's me. It's a pet peeve that I have. :D

i wasn't trying to throw you under a bus specifically... i swear.. I was trying to be vague and ambiguous

You're the last person I have problems with Y4L

Edited by BigRog

​Sorry, again I'm new here and didn't know

​No problem.  Welcome to MVPMods!

i wasn't trying to throw you under a bus specifically... i swear.. I was trying to be vague and ambiguous

You're the last person I have problems with Y4L

​No problem at all.

Is there a mod or way to enable this better for my widescreen computer? ive noticed some of the frontend loading screens are stretched and some words on the left cant be seen on the major league trademark/modder credits opening screen.  also when i finally got a game semi going, the overlay for the batter info on the bottom of my screen is stretched lower then my screen and choppededit: ,.

edit: my screen size is 1920x1080

Edited by BigRog

Is there a mod or way to enable this better for my widescreen computer? ive noticed some of the frontend loading screens are stretched and some words on the left cant be seen on the major league trademark/modder credits opening screen.  also when i finally got a game semi going, the overlay for the batter info on the bottom of my screen is stretched lower then my screen and choppededit: ,.

edit: my screen size is 1920x1080

Run it in 1280x1024

How do i just change the game to that resolution without changing the setting on my video card... because it makes the screen look awfully weird when im on the desktop

​The datafile.txt file would be in the data folder.  If you can't find it in the MVP14 mod, then you need to copy the data\datafile\datafile.big file to the MVP15 data\datafile folder.

​Even when I did this, the camera was not the same as MVP 14.

​Even when I did this, the camera was not the same as MVP 14.

​Take a screenshot of the camera angle you are talking about from MVP 14

​Take a screenshot of the camera angle you are talking about from MVP 14

​It's really not one specific angle. Whenever the ball is in play, the camera angles are different. Just to give one example, in MVP 15 the camera is much more zoomed in on a fly ball. It makes it much more difficult fielding wise.

Also, is the schedule updater application working for anyone else? I am following the instructions but it does not work. If anyone that has got it to work can give me a step-by-step guide on how to do it, that would be greatly appreciated.

Also, is the schedule updater application working for anyone else? I am following the instructions but it does not work. If anyone that has got it to work can give me a step-by-step guide on how to do it, that would be greatly appreciated.

​It only works on Windows XP to my knowledge, I have never been able to get to run on Win 7 or 8.1 - unless someone updated this great app?

Owen

​It only works on Windows XP to my knowledge, I have never been able to get to run on Win 7 or 8.1 - unless someone updated this great app?

Owen

​I take it back, I have ScheduleUpdater working on my Windows 8.1 machine -- I'm seriously freaked out, it never worked...EVER! Now all of a sudden it does. I have no explanation as to why, it just worked for me.

Owen

Edited by Owen Greaves

​I take it back, I have ScheduleUpdater working on my Windows 8.1 machine -- I'm seriously freaked out, it never worked...EVER! Now all of a sudden it does. I have no explanation as to why, it just worked for me.

Owen

​Where did you run it from? I'm having no luck running it from my desktop.

Owen

​You must have said something nice to it.

​You must have said something nice to it.

​I have no idea why it works, I merely run it from a folder in my Downloads folder as Admin. What I did do different this time was:

A clean install of MVP 2005 but not in Program Folders, I installed in C:\EA Sports\MVP BaseBall 2005 - That is the only difference from past installs.

Then I installed EA Patch #5 , then MVP 15 - SWEET! Then installed MVP 15 Patch #1 using TiT 2.0.5

Otherwise, I don't know why it worked. This is on a Windows 8.1 Box too!

Owen

Can I show you something? This is a thread that I created about six years ago. It shows how to install multiple mods. Take a look at the screenshot I have included in that thread. Look at the directory that I have each of these mods installed. I have no trouble running any one of them because not one of them is installed under Program Files or anything like that.

Obviously I wasn't paying attention : ( 

Thanks for all you do just the same, even if I don't read the fine print : )

Obviously I wasn't paying attention : ( 

Thanks for all you do just the same, even if I don't read the fine print : )

​From here on out it should be easier for you.

​Exactly where?

​I followed the post that you linked and created a folder named MVP Baseball Season Mods under my C: drive and made another folder under MVP Baseball Season Mods and named it MVP 15. I installed the mod there.