MVP Baseball 15 Support Thread

Jim825

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just noticed my models.big is 788,000 kb. I've been customizing it with roughly 75 faces of Jogar's. All of these faces have been installed with TiT. I haven't had any crashes yet, but will a models.big of this size cause me to have problems at some point? Just want to know before I start a dynasty.

I just noticed my models.big is 788,000 kb. I've been customizing it with roughly 75 faces of Jogar's. All of these faces have been installed with TiT. I haven't had any crashes yet, but will a models.big of this size cause me to have problems at some point? Just want to know before I start a dynasty.

​I don't think there's a magic number before it has issues. You can start your dynasty without worry. If there ends up being trouble, you can just try again with your models.big by doing something like rebuilding.

​I don't think there's a magic number before it has issues. You can start your dynasty without worry. If there ends up being trouble, you can just try again with your models.big by doing something like rebuilding.

​Thanks. I'll keep that in mind

I noticed that #4528 Andrew McKirahan of the Atlanta Braves actually says "Randy Culley" instead when you upload and play the wave file.  Just a heads up.  I was trying to do Bill Freehan for my 1971 and was going to use the "han" in McKirahan and I found it.  Actually it all worked out since I think that I can now create "Tim Cullen" with Culley.

BRobby05

TimCullen.wav

Hey everyone,

I was just able to give this an install, however, I too am experiencing crashes when loading the game or editing players.

• I tried running the base MVP Baseball 05 w/o any patches, worked fine.
  • I patched MVP05 to Patch 5, still worked.

As soon as I installed MVP15 with ExplodeMe, everything loaded fine (main menu, new loading screens, rosters, music), however, once I attempt to edit a player, or play a basic exhibition match, the loading bar gets about half way and crashes back to desktop.

I also attempted to patch MVP15 with Patch 1 via TiT, no change.

Here's some information about my installation, as well as the environment I'm working with:

• MVP05 was installed to a secondary drive for this current installation (also tested on primary C:\ drive, however, same issues resulted).
  • Ran each ExplodeMe attempt as administrator, as well as MVP15 when it was installed, no change.
  • Specs:
    • AMD 8350 8-Core CPU
    • AMD Radeon 290x
    • 8GB DDR3 RAM
    • Windows 8.1 Professional
    • if more info needed, available upon request.

I know this mod is wonderful, and I'm sure the fix I'm missing here is a simple one. Any help is absolutely appreciated.

​Hey everyone, just thought I'd give an update, as I seem to have got it working.

Unfortunately, it wasn't down to one method. After I turned back on my PC after work today, I noticed a post at the top of page 5 referencing a 4GB exe patcher tool. Before running MVP15, I ran that tool against the executable, and now my game runs.

Hopefully this helps others!

​Hey everyone, just thought I'd give an update, as I seem to have got it working.
Unfortunately, it wasn't down to one method. After I turned back on my PC after work today, I noticed a post at the top of page 5 referencing a 4GB exe patcher tool. Before running MVP15, I ran that tool against the executable, and now my game runs.

Hopefully this helps others!

​Hell yeah, IT WORKS :D

Is there suppose to be these random fake players in the free agent pool?  I want to take care of them for Season mode but I'm guessing to do so I'll have to edit them and save them to a roster file.

Is there suppose to be these random fake players in the free agent pool?  I want to take care of them for Season mode but I'm guessing to do so I'll have to edit them and save them to a roster file.

​If you're talking about the ones that the game places in there, what you can do is (provided you are satisfied with the roster set with which you are using) click on "Reset Rosters" and they should be gone, save for maybe one or two.  It's a strange thing I know, but must be an EA programming thing.

By the way the 4GB patch worked for me too in a short test (and my folder is not in the x86 folder, but the other program folder).

The 4GB patch is designed to help the game access more virtual memory (actually double) than normal due to 32-bit limitations.

If your game is crashing often, maybe you have reached the 2GB virtual memory limit that a 32-bit application is allowed to access, and the game can't go any higher than that. With the 4GB patch it's able to work because you're giving MVP2005.exe more virtual memory to use.

Hi everyone,

Sorry for my technological incompetency, but I ran the TiT with the mod, but I an error after it's done appears called an Autolt Error.  Reads as such:

Error: Subscript used with non-Array variable.  

I didn't see this error with anyone else who has posted so far, sorry if I missed it though.  Anyone have any ideas of how to fix this?

Hi everyone,

Sorry for my technological incompetency, but I ran the TiT with the mod, but I an error after it's done appears called an Autolt Error.  Reads as such:

Error: Subscript used with non-Array variable.  

I didn't see this error with anyone else who has posted so far, sorry if I missed it though.  Anyone have any ideas of how to fix this?

​You did not run TiT as administrator and it's trying to make changes to your MVP files in the Program Files x86 folder. Applications don't normally have default access to that folder. Run TiT as admin and try to install the patch again.

If all else fails, follow the stickied guide.

​You did not run TiT as administrator and it's trying to make changes to your MVP files in the Program Files x86 folder. Applications don't normally have default access to that folder. Run TiT as admin and try to install the patch again.

If all else fails, follow the stickied guide.

​Hi again,

I got the patch working, but when I try to play a game, the program quits out on me.  Also, with this patch, were there supposed to be updates to stadiums and the team schedules?  I believe that's what I thought it said in the ZIP file, or is there something I didn't do yet?

2 weeks ago I put '15 on. Uninstalled MVP, clean install, Patch #2, run the '15 explodeme and Patch #1, open the game, it all worked fine. Downloaded a few of Rising Son's new portraits, Started a 2015 season, got about 4 games in then set it aside. I have since downloaded the rest of the portraits and last night tried to play an exhibition game and the next game in the '15 season, they repeatedly crash 1/4 the way into the load meter. Restarting the machine had no effect. Reading more of this thread I realized I'd been playing '15 in 1024x800 or whatever, full resolution on my widescreen. Wonder if that's the trouble, but are there any other thoughts here from the dugout?

Like Gordo, I install to C:\EA Sports\MVP Baseball 2005, a trick I learned playing MVP12 to get changes made with TiT to work.

Hello to all. Thanks again to everyone for helping out on this. I am pleased to say that I used the 4GB patch today as well & thus far was able to instantly launch the game as well as instantly edit players, both of which were previously causing crashes. I will continue to test & report back with any issues. Thanks again!

2 weeks ago I put '15 on. Uninstalled MVP, clean install, Patch #2, run the '15 explodeme and Patch #1, open the game, it all worked fine. Downloaded a few of Rising Son's new portraits, Started a 2015 season, got about 4 games in then set it aside. I have since downloaded the rest of the portraits and last night tried to play an exhibition game and the next game in the '15 season, they repeatedly crash 1/4 the way into the load meter. Restarting the machine had no effect. Reading more of this thread I realized I'd been playing '15 in 1024x800 or whatever, full resolution on my widescreen. Wonder if that's the trouble, but are there any other thoughts here from the dugout?

Like Gordo, I install to C:\EA Sports\MVP Baseball 2005, a trick I learned playing MVP12 to get changes made with TiT to work.

​Run the 4GB patch at the top of this page and report back if it fixes the crashing :)

Hello to all. Thanks again to everyone for helping out on this. I am pleased to say that I used the 4GB patch today as well & thus far was able to instantly launch the game as well as instantly edit players, both of which were previously causing crashes. I will continue to test & report back with any issues. Thanks again!

​Will the 4 GB patch work for those of us installed directly in the C:\ drive instead of the Program Files X86 folder?

​Will the 4 GB patch work for those of us installed directly in the C:\ drive instead of the Program Files X86 folder?

​Yeah.

What the 4GB patch does is give the mvp2005.exe more memory to play with. The bigger your models and portraits.big file get the more memory it uses up. Normally 32-bit games are allowed about 2GB of memory to use and when you take into account all of the HD stuff and mods that are installed...it can add up quickly.

Remember Skyrim? Its the same issue, same patch they did.

It did work for me (I have it installed in C:\EA SPORTS as well), but then I started installing portraits, facepacks & other things with the TiT, & now I can't even get a loading bar, I get an immediate crash. I'm going to try tomorrow to re-install everything all the way up to patch #1 using the recommended guide & use the 4GB patch again & if that doesn't work, I'll just cool off until after the All-Star break & try again.

It did work for me (I have it installed in C:\EA SPORTS as well), but then I started installing portraits, facepacks & other things with the TiT, & now I can't even get a loading bar, I get an immediate crash. I'm going to try tomorrow to re-install everything all the way up to patch #1 using the recommended guide & use the 4GB patch again & if that doesn't work, I'll just cool off until after the All-Star break & try again.

​What he said. The 4GB did not work with what I've already done, so tonight I'll reinstall everything, only install Rising Son's faces for teams I'll playing against a lot and run the 4GB patch. Wish me luck.

Archived