MVP Baseball 15 Support Thread

Jim825

​I guess playing the Cubs again...and also all other teams hoping it won't freeze :-)

BTW, I guess nobody had any luck with the Schedule Updater?

​I'm about to give it a good try. If this doesn't work I might hurt someone

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi!

Please... could somebody tell me how to change the cameras with this Mod installed? Even when I delete the datafile.big file the game still works with the default cameras of this Mod.

I also need to know wich Sliders works best with this rosters.

Thank you very much!

You should not delete the "datafile.big".

Go to the downloads section and look for "datafile.txt" files.  You place any one of these in the "data" subfolder.  It's a matter of preference.

As far as sliders, that's also a matter of preference. It depends on what you want and your skill level.  Again....search the downloads section.

Been getting some in-game freezes with various teams late in the game during ONLINE play.  Always happening on a grounder, though doesn't seem to matter to the position it is hit.

I think the culprit might be the datafile.big file.  What was changed in it for the 15 mod?

You should not delete the "datafile.big".

Go to the downloads section and look for "datafile.txt" files.  You place any one of these in the "data" subfolder.  It's a matter of preference.

As far as sliders, that's also a matter of preference. It depends on what you want and your skill level.  Again....search the downloads section.

​Thank you! It worked fine. Excuse me for my english, I'm from a hispanic country. The problem with sliders is that in these rosters there are less pitching and defense capabilities than in previous rosters (the original ones, 2008, etc). There are less stamina for pitchers, less range for players, and so on... Older sliders doesn't fit with these rosters... I'm looking for well balanced sliders, especially for the PRO Level... Again, excuse me and thanks a lot !!!

Yes, the stamina for the relievers is lower to keep them from staying in the game as you would find in actual MLB gameplay.  Range was also tied in to more recent All-Star level sliders.

Try my simulation game play pack found in the DL section.

Been getting some in-game freezes with various teams late in the game during ONLINE play.  Always happening on a grounder, though doesn't seem to matter to the position it is hit.

I think the culprit might be the datafile.big file.  What was changed in it for the 15 mod?

​I'm pretty sure it's exactly the same as 2013.

Is there a recommended slider set for these rosters for a manage-only style of play?  This has always been a problem for me with MVP ever since it came out.  I cannot get a realistic set of manage-only sliders working.  It seems nearly every game that you play out ends up in a 14-12 slugfest.  Is anyone playing a manage-only style getting better results, and would you care to share your sliders? 

​I'm pretty sure it's exactly the same as 2013.

​File has a 2015 date attached to it so I thought maybe something was altered.... maybe in the mvp 15 patch?

Is there a recommended slider set for these rosters for a manage-only style of play?  This has always been a problem for me with MVP ever since it came out.  I cannot get a realistic set of manage-only sliders working.  It seems nearly every game that you play out ends up in a 14-12 slugfest.  Is anyone playing a manage-only style getting better results, and would you care to share your sliders? 

Probably the same reason why cpu vs cpu games ended up the same way.  Try a cpu v cpu roster set I recently uploaded and see what you get.  Accompanying slider suggestions in there as well.

Found within this pack:  http://www.mvpmods.com/files/file/9014-mvp-15-roster-set-alternatives/

​File has a 2015 date attached to it so I thought maybe something was altered.... maybe in the mvp 15 patch?

Probably the same reason why cpu vs cpu games ended up the same way.  Try a cpu v cpu roster set I recently uploaded and see what you get.  Accompanying slider suggestions in there as well.

Found within this pack:  http://www.mvpmods.com/files/file/9014-mvp-15-roster-set-alternatives/

Hmm...maybe the bigger pitch meter is the only thing different from 2013?

Hmm...maybe the bigger pitch meter is the only thing different from 2013?

​We switched back to the 08 file and froze in the 9th inning on a routine gb to 1st.  A shame because it played well to that point.  But the size difference in the 2 datafile.big files is significant.

​Someone earlier in this thread noted the models.big was getting swelled, up around 775k, maybe due to an increase in updated faces/portraits/audios. I have to concur. '15 ran fine for me until I tried installing some of Rising Son's portrait sets and some missing audios (also getting odd results when running a fresh install of TiT, more on that in a new thread).

I did a fresh install and will try a couple of things tomorrow, constantly backing up my .big files. Question: does models.big get updated each time you install each one I've tried (face, portrait, audio)?

The question is what types of files are making it swell?  Portraits are relatively small and simply substituting what was there when the game originally came out.  We'd have to ask the cyberface, uniform and audio experts.

Rebuilding seems to have little effect as my models.big file went from 788 mbs to 787.  And come to think of it, the audio and portraits would go to separate files any way.

The question is what types of files are making it swell?  Portraits are relatively small and simply substituting what was there when the game originally came out.  We'd have to ask the cyberface, uniform and audio experts.

​It could be uncompressed .FSH files that will make the models.big file swell up.

Extract all of the MVP 15 files using BigGUI and reimport them into the MVP 2005 models.big file using EA Graphics Editor.

Open up the models.big file in BigGUI, select all, compress everything, then rebuild the models.big file (click the circular R button).

Report back with your findings ;)

Extract all of the MVP 15 files using BigGUI and reimport them into the MVP 2005 models.big file using EA Graphics Editor.

Open up the models.big file in BigGUI, select all, compress everything, then rebuild the models.big file (click the circular R button).

Report back with your  findings ;)

i am gonna give this a go tomorrow see if i can find a solution for my problems... pop in some Bachman Turner Overdrive on my turntable and "take care of business" 

​Now that you mention it, you're right.

It was a freeze, not a crash

​Then it's exactly the same issue we're having I guess. It happened three times to me in the first three games, then never in the following 4. Which teams / stadium were involved?

Archived