MVP Baseball 15 Support Thread

Jim825

​Then it's exactly the same issue we're having I guess. It happened three times to me in the first three games, then never in the following 4. Which teams / stadium were involved?

​Red Sox @ Phillies, Citizens Bank Park (night)

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Extract all of the MVP 15 files using BigGUI and reimport them into the MVP 2005 models.big file using EA Graphics Editor.

Open up the models.big file in BigGUI, select all, compress everything, then rebuild the models.big file (click the circular R button).

Report back with your findings ;)

​I think you mean to extract with EAgraph?

BigGUI only can export files, not extract

​File has a 2015 date attached to it so I thought maybe something was altered.... maybe in the mvp 15 patch?

Probably the same reason why cpu vs cpu games ended up the same way.  Try a cpu v cpu roster set I recently uploaded and see what you get.  Accompanying slider suggestions in there as well.

Found within this pack:  http://www.mvpmods.com/files/file/9014-mvp-15-roster-set-alternatives/

Thanks for this.  I played a couple games last night, each one ended up with the final score of 7-5.  Offense seems a little higher than I would like, but I can live with this.  Thanks again!

Thanks for this.  I played a couple games last night, each one ended up with the final score of 7-5.  Offense seems a little higher than I would like, but I can live with this.  Thanks again!

I was actually messing with cpu v cpu sliders a bit yesterday as I didn't like the outcomes regarding walks.  The nice thing about the game is that the sliders are sensitive so that even moving things a few notches can make a difference.

Freeze update...new freeze happening at Busch Stadium, Cards vs. Reds, flyball probably heading for the stands. So it's not only grounders.

​Interesting. Hopefully there can be some kind of fix for this, because as it is, dynasty mode is pretty much unplayable at the moment.

Did you put the schedule updater in the Mvp 15 directory?

Hi Yankee4Life

First may I say awesome job once again on the MVP15 mod....Can`t wait for the second patch and the higher difficulty.....I am having the same issue with the schedule updater...I put in the MVP main directory but it still doesn`t work is there a specific folder that it needs to be in...???

Hey everyone,

Not sure if anyone is having this issue that I am doing. Love the MVP 2015 Mod. Played my first game of the season and it worked great but then lately every time I try to play a game. When I get the lineups ready and play now. The bar would go quarter of the way and then crash. Now I keep trying again and in the past i would notice after a few attempts of restarting the game it would go through but now it seems like after the first game of the season I can't play anymore and keeps crashing after I click play now. Not sure what to do here or if anyone has any suggestions or input how to work around this or is this simply hit or miss. I have a windows 7 64 bit. Installed a fresh clean copy of MVP 2015 and updated the patches to Patch 5. 

Thanks

Hey everyone,

Not sure if anyone is having this issue that I am doing. Love the MVP 2015 Mod. Played my first game of the season and it worked great but then lately every time I try to play a game. When I get the lineups ready and play now. The bar would go quarter of the way and then crash. Now I keep trying again and in the past i would notice after a few attempts of restarting the game it would go through but now it seems like after the first game of the season I can't play anymore and keeps crashing after I click play now. Not sure what to do here or if anyone has any suggestions or input how to work around this or is this simply hit or miss. I have a windows 7 64 bit. Installed a fresh clean copy of MVP 2015 and updated the patches to Patch 5. 

Thanks

Specify some more and tell us what teams you might be using that can be causing this crash?

Specify some more and tell us what teams you might be using that can be causing this crash?

I am using the Toronto Blue Jays as my Dynasty Season. First game against New York Yankees went fine no issue. Then after that can't play the next game and have kept trying.  As soon as I hit play now after setting the lineup the bar would go a quarter of the way to load and then crash. I tried to sim games and play the next one but still the same result.

Copy over Yankday.big and Yanknite.big from Disc 2 and see if that fixes it.

There may be more issues with the stadiums that I haven't checked yet.

I tried to copy Yank stadium from disc 2 over and ran the game again. Still the same. :-( crashes after trying to load the game

sorry guys i haven't been keeping up with this, so i guess it's time to chime in.  here are some tidbits:

1.  yes there is a size limit to the models.big before it crashes.  i documented it years ago but honestly i can't remember what it was exactly.  but at some point between 650 and 750 mb it crashes the game. i imagine it had something to do with the amount of memory the game can use like KC is saying.   you have to remember that we also added in 2x textures to the stadiums over the years, so that really uses up a lot of resources.  i haven't used this 4gb patcher he's referring to but i imagine it addresses that issue.  regardless there is still a limit on the size you can use.

2.  the main culprit with the models.big was when we started adding 2x textures into the game in terms of faces and uniforms.  unfortunately there are more uniform spots than you can fill.  you can fill every uniform slot in the game with 1x uniforms and it still works but you can't do that with 2x uniforms.  you have to limit the number of 2x uniforms you include because I assume you want to maximize the number of 2x faces you want to use.  plus the uniforms take up more space. the best solution to this was to keep some uniforms in 1x form.  we've never found a way around this because we don't have access to the source code.

3.  using eagraph and biggui to pack files into the models.big will eventually corrupt it.  this is well known and was established almost ten years ago.  i don't recall the mumbo jumbo behind it, but kraw was the master at this stuff so that's why he developed the installer thingy (and later TIT) to install files without corrupting the big files.

sorry guys i haven't been keeping up with this, so i guess it's time to chime in.  here are some tidbits:

1.  yes there is a size limit to the models.big before it crashes.  i documented it years ago but honestly i can't remember what it was exactly.  but at some point between 650 and 750 mb it crashes the game. i imagine it had something to do with the amount of memory the game can use like KC is saying.   you have to remember that we also added in 2x textures to the stadiums over the years, so that really uses up a lot of resources.  i haven't used this 4gb patcher he's referring to but i imagine it addresses that issue.  regardless there is still a limit on the size you can use.

2.  the main culprit with the models.big was when we started adding 2x textures into the game in terms of faces and uniforms.  unfortunately there are more uniform spots than you can fill.  you can fill every uniform slot in the game with 1x uniforms and it still works but you can't do that with 2x uniforms.  you have to limit the number of 2x uniforms you include because I assume you want to maximize the number of 2x faces you want to use.  plus the uniforms take up more space. the best solution to this was to keep some uniforms in 1x form.  we've never found a way around this because we don't have access to the source code.

3.  using eagraph and biggui to pack files into the models.big will eventually corrupt it.  this is well known and was established almost ten years ago.  i don't recall the mumbo jumbo behind it, but kraw was the master at this stuff so that's why he developed the installer thingy (and later TIT) to install files without corrupting the big files.

Thanks for the tips. I'll touch on this when I discuss performance issues tomorrow as part of the second patch for MVP 15.

i couldnt handle 2x mods on my pc back in the day and always downloaded the 1x uniforms... i assume this is probably my issue with my desktop now a days

petition to revert back to 1x stadium and uniforms... cough cough... please lol

I could see the value of the primary home and away plus maybe one alternate for 2x uniforms, if that would help with the models.big size.  We could always download and go back to a previous total mod, like 08's, for stadiums.  We have used those for online play and have no problems.

When I try to play the game crashes to desktop. All the rosters are good and the modes work, it just wont let me play. I need some help!

Hello, and welcome to our site.

There is not enough information for me or anyone else to help you. 

Have you tried using the 4GB patcher that is listed in this thread? That may resolve the problem from the description you just listed.

Hey there,

I installed the MVP 15 update and it works great.  There are a few problems. I can't find the schedule editor/updater on your site.  Could you point me in the right direction for that file?  

The other problem is how to I run the MVP 15 patch?  I put it in the TiT, but it gets to the part where it's installing everything, but just sits there.  So far it's sat for about 30 minutes, and I've tried this twice.  Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Archived