MVP Baseball 15 Support Thread

Jim825

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was playing this mod yesterday and it crashed occasionally but I was able to play some games consecutively which was great. But today everytime I try to play a game it crashes, and everytime I try to edit a player it crashes. Any solutions? I'm playing on windows 8.1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone!

I am a newbie to modding the game but I have figured out setting it up. I was wondering if there is an easy way to age up the players 10 years with the schedule updater not working. Or is the only way to use the roster editor and change everyone's birthdays that way.

Thanks

First post on this site, so sorry if these questions seem silly. I've searched, but have unable to find an answer, so I'm posting here. I've installed MVP 2005 clean, and it runs perfect. I installed it to C:/Program Files/EA Sports/MVP Baseball 2005, since I heard installing it into the default x86 directory can cause issues. I then applied patch #5. I am able to play without problem. I then copied my MVP 2005 directory (renamed it to MVP Baseball 2015) and put it at C:/Program Files/EA Sports/MVP Baseball 2015. This is the folder I want to mod. I downloaded and ran the MVP15 extraction as directed. The game loads, nice new splash screens, menu, rosters look updated. But when I go to launch a game, it crashes once the loading screen gets halfway loaded. I got the same behavior when didn't do the MVP15 mod, but instead only tried to update rosters. I downloaded the mid July roster update, deleted the .dat files from the database folder, and unblocked and unzipped the zip file into the database folder and the same behavior happened. Game loads, roster are updated, but crashes when I try to play a game. I've not modded before so if this is something obvious go easy on me. 

When you're trying to launch a game, are you using the first choices for uniforms or are you trying to pick an alternate.  One of the problems we've been having is the models.big file probably being too large.  Also, what stadium are you picking.  Everything else you've done to set it up sounds fine.

Also, have you tried the 4GB patch?  link:  http://www.mvpmods.com/forums/topic/57168-mvp-baseball-15-support-thread/?page=5#comment-660374  (at top of page)

For further testing, I would also try to install the 08 TC mod and see what happens.  Don't mod it any further.  I believe you need the install discs to install that mod.  Let us know how far you get.

When you're trying to launch a game, are you using the first choices for uniforms or are you trying to pick an alternate.  One of the problems we've been having is the models.big file probably being too large.  Also, what stadium are you picking.  Everything else you've done to set it up sounds fine.

Also, have you tried the 4GB patch?  link:  http://www.mvpmods.com/forums/topic/57168-mvp-baseball-15-support-thread/?page=5#comment-660374  (at top of page)

For further testing, I would also try to install the 08 TC mod and see what happens.  Don't mod it any further.  I believe you need the install discs to install that mod.  Let us know how far you get.

Since my profile has the Orioles as my default team, it picks the Cardinals at the Orioles, and I pick the uniforms that are there by default. I'll try the 4GB patch you mentioned and update.

Here's a screen shot of the starting lineup for the O's vs the Cards using the mid-July update.  So it is possible.  I would think the patch would help.

o's.jpg

The 4gb patch did the trick. Thank you so much. It's so nice to be able to play this game with updated rosters. Hands down my favorite sports game of all time.

Could be a uniform. Could be a stadium.  You have to do trial and error.

Ok, I'll test it. I did try the 4GB patch, I'm assuming I did it correctly? When it asked for an executable I selected the mvp2005.exe and it said successful. Unfortunately it still freezes.

I did install everything in one folder on a secondary drive (not sure if that is or could be an issue). Quick Exhibition games work great with Indians vs whoever I have picked. And I did try one Indians Game in Dynasty mode and it worked great.

I want to start Dynasty Mode, but I want to make sure I have most everything ironed out before I start. Playing 50 or more games and then having to restart really sucks hahahaha.

I did try some other AA teams as a test, some worked some froze. But I will now test stadiums and uni combos.

**TESTED**

Simply tried a different stadium and it worked great. Apparently the default stadium for the AA Akron Rubber Ducks was causing the issue.

So next question, is that something I can fix or simply just work around?

If you think you really need that stadium, i.e., you will be playing minor league games, as well, then you can get it from an earlier mod, like MVP 12 or 08.  Otherwise, sim your entire season under the conditions you want (maybe even a couple of times) and make sure it is successful.  If it still freezes, turn off injuries, trades and suspensions.

• 3 weeks later...

What is needed to install to have a MVP Baseball 15? Do I need to download the one in total conversion mode the MVP 15 and MVP 15 Patch 1? Or I will download the Previous MVP Baseball like MVP Baseball 14? Or just the mvp 15?

•  

You need the original MVP Baseball 2005 game in order to play MVP Baseball 15.

Ugh,

I've done a lot of reading and even more fiddling to use the Schedule Updater on my Windows 8 system. Ive tried compatibility Modes, running both programs (mvp2005.exe and scheduleupdater.exe) as administrators, running schedule updater from a variety of folders, and it just flashes the command box for 1 second or less then closes.

My game is installed to C:/EA Sports/MVP Baseball 2015

I haven't been able to install Net framework or C++ from microsoft's website, but I did enable NET 3.5 (which supposedly contains 2.0) on my system.

Any ideas on how to get this to work? or can somebody e-mail me a .sav with the 2015 Mets?

I've been having issues w/ the 2015 mod from the beginning.   I've installed, reinstalled, etc.  I've also tried the 4 gb patch but I can't get the game to consistently run- I get the crash right before a practice game boots up.  Now sometimes the game will work if I restart it but not always.  This morning I tried a game & it worked, came back from church & got the crash.  I tried to think about what program I had ran & realized I had started steam & upgraded Rome Total War 2 w/ the new patch 17.  I exited steam & tried playing a practice game & it worked.  Turned steam back on & it crashed.  Exited steam, tried a practice game & it worked.   Weird.  I'm not a tech guru so I'm not sure what is going on but I remember Football Pro 98' would act goofy if steam was loaded in the background when I was running XP Pro. 

My specs (built specifically so I can play Football Pro 98' & use all of the utilities) : W7 Pro 32 bit, 4 gb, Nvidia GTX 770, AMD FX-8350.

You'll need the "schedule updater", which I believe someone said is in the 94 TC mod package.  I would imagine the ancillary programs you'll need are indicated in its' readme file.  Once you have those in place (schedule updater can be run from anywhere), start your season, leave the game running, minimize it and then run schedule updater (I found it may take a short while for the DOS type box to start giving prompts).

Follow the SU prompts.  First pick the year. The program will exit. Go back into your game and click on something like "schedule".  You should see the year change to what you picked. On any given year, you'd need to go back into the SU and shift the days so the dates match up.  However, for 2015, the dates match up perfectly.  So nothing more to do.

When you go into batting order and look at a given player, you'll see the age has progressed (for this year, by 10 years).

oh.jpg

Archived