MVP Baseball 15 Support Thread

Jim825

Read through the thread and see if anyone with similar specs as yours found a solution.  You need to be more specific, as in under what conditions this is happening, what you've installed additionally, what type of a game you were trying (teams/stadium), OS, etc. , etc.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I couldn't find this posted on the support thread, excuse me if it was and I missed it.  I re-installed MVP '05 and installed MVP '15 in May or June using the thread about installation.  I've been playing it fine up until today.  I recently got windows updates for 8.1 and I don't know if that has to do with it.  At first it gave me a prompt to get administrative privileges.  I figured out how to do this, but nothing happened. 

Now, when I try to load the game nothing happens.  This whole time, the CD player on my computer has been having issues with my CD player.  It occasionally stops working, but generally restarting the computer gets it to work.  As of right now, it's reading the CD, but nothing is happening when I try to load the game.  Yes, I've taken the CD out and put it back it.  It's currently reading it fine, but still nothing.

I've ran the troubleshooter and I've also started getting the administrator prompt again.

Anyone have any suggestions?

So weird thing going on here...I tried looking for this all over the answer to this but can't seem to find it. After downloading the MVP 15 total conversion mod and extracting it, the two files I get are the readme and the explodeme file, but the explodeme file is listed as 0 KB. When I double click on it, I receive a notification that says "This app can't run on your PC." I'm using Windows 10...is there a workaround for this? Have downloaded and re-downloaded several times. I also try opening the file as an administrator but that doesn't work either. Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

So weird thing going on here...I tried looking for this all over the answer to this but can't seem to find it. After downloading the MVP 15 total conversion mod and extracting it, the two files I get are the readme and the explodeme file, but the explodeme file is listed as 0 KB. When I double click on it, I receive a notification that says "This app can't run on your PC." I'm using Windows 10...is there a workaround for this? Have downloaded and re-downloaded several times. I also try opening the file as an administrator but that doesn't work either. Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

I just downloaded the MVP15.7z file and extracted all of the contents (Explodeme and the Read Me) with 7zip to a folder (called MVP15) on my desktop.

Explodeme is 968MB and working on my end.

• 2 months later...

hi guys,

I just finished my first season with the MVP 15 (with the Cubbies, lost the NLCS against the Nats after winning the first 3 games, argh !! :-))

I would like to play another season, but the schedule generated by the game put the Astros in the Central Division... Do you have some fix with this issue ? I tried the Dylan's Schedule Generator, but I have some troubles, like I say in the postlink below...

http://www.mvpmods.com/forums/topic/57517-dylans-schedule-generator/

Thx for your help, from France ! :-)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys.  First thing to say, is thanks so much to everyone who works hard to update the game.  I haven't played since MVP08, and an article I read online inspired me to have a go with MVP15.  But I have the problem that it cashes back to windows every time I start a game.  Really grateful for advice, as I have read this and other threads, specifically:

- Running on Windows XP.  Not sure what service pack.

- Did a clean install from the discs of MVP 05.  Installed all 5 patches.  Game works fine.

- Installed MVP 15.  Menus all work fine, but crashes whenever I go into a game.  Tried a number of stadiums / teams.

- Thought I'd cracked it when I found the "4GB app" or whatever on the support thread, and ran that against the executable - but get exactly the same issue.

Really grateful for any other tips.  I did notice my sliders have somehow survived - should I have deleted my profile also ?

Edit - I tried various resolution settings - including putting the game and my PC onto 800x600.  If there are any more resolution tricks I can pull, let me know.  Thanks again.

Hi uk.... it's odd that you XP machine is doing that.  I would say in order to rule out that it's some type of hardware problem, try to install MVP 08 or 12, which I've found to be the 2 most stable versions of TC mods of the lot.  See if you can run either of those first and then let us know.  If you can, then there is something with the 15 install that is tripping you up.

Thanks for responding Gordo.  I mentioned, I was previously playing MVP08 without issue.  Thinking about it some more, I'm not confident I fully uninstalled MVP before re starting.  So the next thing I do will be to run an uninstall using "add or remove programs" - (assuming that is the best way?) and delete my profile before trying again.  If that doesn't work I will try MVP12 from the same base.

So glad I held onto those discs all these years......

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Robinson42 said:

I'm currently experiencing crashes :# when I try to play a practice game, the moment I press GO in the team selection menu, it will load a bit then probably show a mike trout background, the suddenly " mvp2005.exe has stopped working"... please help.

You need to provide more information -- What operating system are you running?  What teams did you select for the practice game?  Have you tried running any other MVP mods (e.g. MVP08, MVP12, etc.)?

21 hours ago, Jim825 said:

You need to provide more information -- What operating system are you running?  What teams did you select for the practice game?  Have you tried running any other MVP mods (e.g. MVP08, MVP12, etc.)?

Windows 10, 64bit. No other mods except for mvp2005 patch 5, mvp 2015, and mvp 2015 patch 1... I followed the instructions on how to install those 3, so now I am confused why I can't PLAY the game... I get the game running but I can't play. I used red sox vs miami and there's still a lot of jerseys locked. I'm very new to this game, sorry for the lack of knowledge.

2 minutes ago, Robinson42 said:

Windows 10, 64bit. No other mods except for mvp2005 patch 5, mvp 2015, and mvp 2015 patch 1... I followed the instructions on how to install those 3, so now I am confused why I can't PLAY the game... I get the game running but I can't play. I used red sox vs miami and there's still a lot of jerseys locked. I'm very new to this game, sorry for the lack of knowledge.

Well I am not too sure as to why your game is crashing but I can help you with your locked uniforms.

Create a new player named Katie Roy. Save that player. You will then have all the uniforms and stadiums unlocked.

On 2/20/2016 at 10:09 PM, Yankee4Life said:

Well I am not too sure as to why your game is crashing but I can help you with your locked uniforms.

Create a new player named Katie Roy. Save that player. You will then have all the uniforms and stadiums unlocked.

Maybe I'll just try to reinstall it again, i must've missed something. But thank you for the help @Yankee4Life!!!

• 2 weeks later...

New to the forum.  Appreciate the work done on this site.  Bought a legit copy of MVP recently,and just installed with the 2 discs on my Windows 8.1 laptop.  However, I can't get the game to open, also doesn't work in compatibility mode.    Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.  

1 hour ago, Gordo said:

Check several posts up under an entry I have that has a link for an update that kept the game from initiating.

Gordo,

Thanks for the quick response.  Which link to the windows 8 issues?  I only see the link to the one about the Windows 7 update that prevented the game from starting, but I do not know what the issue is on Windows 8.  I actually checked my security updates, and did not have any that looked similar.   Any cure for the Windows 8 issues?  

Thanks in advance.  

Sorry, but the only glitch I know of that keeps the game from opening at all (other than for W10) is the one above.  Just to be clear, you're talking about not being able to open the base game, not a modded version, correct?

4 hours ago, Gordo said:

Sorry, but the only glitch I know of that keeps the game from opening at all (other than for W10) is the one above.  Just to be clear, you're talking about not being able to open the base game, not a modded version, correct?

Ok Ill look into the security updates.  It has to be one of those that is keeping the game from running.  Yes I have an original copy of the game (the real thing) with box, instructions etc.  Used both discs to install onto my laptop.  I can't seem to figure out what the issue could be.  I am going to try and undo all of the windows updates, and see what happens. 

Thanks

The only security update that we've discovered that had any effect on starting the game is the one discussed above and in the other pinned thread. 

Control Panel > Windows Updates > View Update History (link to the left) > Search box (search for KB3086255).  If that is showing as installed, follow the directions in the second posting of this thread: 

Gordo,

Deleting that security update and inserting the second disk did indeed do the trick as far as allowing the MVP 05 menu to appear on my desktop.  However, it crashes and says it requires DirectX 9 and hardware graphics acceleration.  Is there any thread dedicated to this issue?  I imagine once I get this problem handled I will be able to finally play the game.  Thanks again in advance, I really appreciate the work and help from you and this forum. 

Archived