MVP Baseball 15 Support Thread

Jim825

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/10/2016 at 5:02 PM, HalfricanWSox24 said:

Gordo,

Deleting that security update and inserting the second disk did indeed do the trick as far as allowing the MVP 05 menu to appear on my desktop.  However, it crashes and says it requires DirectX 9 and hardware graphics acceleration.  Is there any thread dedicated to this issue?  I imagine once I get this problem handled I will be able to finally play the game.  Thanks again in advance, I really appreciate the work and help from you and this forum. 

If you don't have a dedicated graphics card I would get one.  You don't need anything excessive and should be able to find one on ebay or amazon for peanuts.  In fact, an older card with older drivers tends to work better than newer drivers.

Menus and rosters look great! Thanks to everyone involved. However, it crashes whenever I try to play and actual game. I am running MVP 2005 on Windows XP via VMware on m a MacBook Air (I know). I have tried different teams in different stadium, but I keep getting the same message. The game closes to Windows with an error message. Is there anything I can do? 

1. Welcome to the site

2. See if the base game from the disc install works before you do any mods.  If it does. Try MVP 08 or MVP 12.

3. You really need to lose the political avatar.  It's a sports site.  Truly.

• 3 weeks later...

Windows 10 issues here. Been playing this game since 05 with mods but once I got a W10 computer nothing worked so I haven't played in a while and I'm itching.

I install the two discs to the C: root on my computer and run the app as admin, nothing happens. Getting the loading cursor for a second then nothing.

I tried installing the MVP15 patch over that, nothing - I never even get into the game.

What am I missing?

Thanks guys.

Really appreciate all the support and different mods / rosters available. Just one question not really related to game issues but the pitch speed is a little slow and I'm not talking slider wise. The fastest fastball I've managed to throw (took Chapman) was 94. Is that normal? Does it go higher?

Thanks again for everything. You guys do good work.

On 5/6/2015 at 8:01 AM, Jim825 said:

Now that the MVP 15 mod has been released, I created this topic for support questions or to report issues.

Admin Edit: MVP Baseball 2015 Patch 1 is out. Be sure to download it to remain up to date!

Can these mods be used to update mvp 2005 on xbox 360? Cause I keep seeing people talking about how to do this for a PC. If anyone can explain to me how to apply the roster updates for a xbox 360 I'd appreciate it. Really wanna play mvp with all these cool updates. 

Actually if you want to do a lot of conversion work and transferring of other similar types of files you can make it somewhat like it is for the PC, but you'd have to learn to do that and ftp everything over to a modded xbox.  MVP is not compatible on a 360...only the original.

Just want to let anyone know who is trying to run mvp 2015 on a windows 10 machine, I too had crashing problems. I now have it running, I followed Kc' s guide for the clean copy directly on C: drive, along with patching. It would crash. I then saw his 4 gig patch from nt core, downloaded and ran against the mvp executable, and it now runs flawlessly. So anyone having problems on a windows 10 setup, try this.. And thanks for another great mod guys. And Kc, great idea, thanks for the post!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there,
I am new to this site, so I hope this is a good place to ask this.

I primarily play mvp 2005 on my ps2, and I am looking to update it with these rosters posted here.  Any suggestions on how to do that? The only thing I can think of is to download MVP 2005 for the PC, and transfer the information over to the PS2 (Which would take a while).  

Any help is appreciated!

This forum is amazing. Thought I would never get this running-- almost caved in and got the show + ps4.

i got it running perfect on my laptop (win 7 pro.). My windows 10 rig couldn't get anywhere. This was a mission well worth it. Thanks to all who made this available for us! 

I primarily play mvp 2005 on my ps2, and I am looking to update it with these rosters posted here.  Any suggestions on how to do that? The only thing I can think of is to download MVP 2005 for the PC, and transfer the information over to the PS2 (Which would take a while).  

Any help is appreciated!

If you download Mvp 2005 you will be downloading a pirated version. There's problems with that and also pirated software isn't supported here. You have to have a legitimate copy of the game.

Found this on youtube: 

Looks like some contact info at end of video, but not sure how legit.

I don't know what is going on with this. You notice how he altered the EA Sports logo and replaced it with his own? He's even got a web page too.

I know that the PC roster files worked in the original Xbox, but not sure of the format for PS2.  I assume it's different.

I think for PS2 users, that guy's website is about the only complete option and I'm sure he charges a fee.  Ain't nothing anyone can do about it, including the logo.

I posted this directly on Gordo's feed but this might be a better place to post the question...

Can anyone tell me the best way to change a teams default lineup so that I don't have to load saved lineups before playing a "Season Prep Game"?  I wanted to update a team with current players but moving players between the MLB team and the AAA team fixes the roster but then the game chokes because the default lineups are missing players.  I can set the lineups then save but I have to reload every time I restart the game.

TIA

I think for PS2 users, that guy's website is about the only complete option and I'm sure he charges a fee.  Ain't nothing anyone can do about it, including the logo.

That's true and I am not too concerned with it either. Besides there is not much of a demand for Mvp '05 on the PS2. As long as that guy does not associate himself with this website it's no big deal. We already have a bunch of Koreans stealing our stuff every day from both the 2k12 and Mvp downloads and claiming it as their own.

I posted this directly on Gordo's feed but this might be a better place to post the question...

Can anyone tell me the best way to change a teams default lineup so that I don't have to load saved lineups before playing a "Season Prep Game"?  I wanted to update a team with current players but moving players between the MLB team and the AAA team fixes the roster but then the game chokes because the default lineups are missing players.  I can set the lineups then save but I have to reload every time I restart the game.

TIA

In MVPedit.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, apologize if this has been mentioned or is the wrong thread but I couldn't find it. Anyways I got everything running recently, and well done to everyone that created it, it's fantastic. Only hiccup I'm having is with the controller. I was using an Xbox One controller wired into the computer, and the configuration gets messed up. Even though I have it set correctly, the X button brings up a menu screen while pitching and during game play X doesn't throw to third and Y throws to third instead of second. I'm assuming this is a glitch with the actual game and not the mod itself, but didn't know if anyone knew if this was fixable.

Also, the crashing before games loading can be fixed just by restarting the computer for those wondering...

Thanks guys.

plfoyd.... your controller.cfg file in the 'documents/mvp2005' (might be EAmods' MVP 08 folder instead) has your button assignments.  It can be a bit of trial an error; starting and re-starting the game to get it just right, but once you do, then make a back up copy of that file for down the road.

Archived