Recommended Installation Guide For MVP Baseball

Kccitystar

Welcome to the thread!

THIS is the COMPLETE guide to installing MVP on a Non-Windows XP system.

Since this game has been released, this entire community has worked countless man-hours to provide the most realistic MVP Baseball experience possible and have tried to provide the most true-to-life representation of baseball. Within the game's boundaries of course.

However, most of us who mod are aware that many of our completed projects may not function with system setups that are not our own. This has always been an issue, especially with any developer that works on a PC title. After realizing that after Windows XP, Microsoft had decided to tighten up security implementing changes to prevent programs from making modifications to your Program Files folder, this guide had to be drafted. This is bad. While for general users like you and I, this is a perfect solution to the spyware programs that plagued Windows XP, this causes problems with a game like MVP Baseball 2005.

You see, with a game like MVP Baseball 2005, we have a lot of mods on our site that utilize command line utilities and batch files, which will not work at all if your game is installed in the default Program Files (x86) folder.  

While there are workarounds, it can be a little ridiculous if you're moving multiple items at once or modding multiple items at once in a batch file, for example, modding under Windows 7 and higher, you have to run any GUI utility (like TiT, BigGUI, EA Graphics Editor or LocLook for example) as an administrator to make any changes if you want to mod a file that's in the Program Files folder. Even moving a file into and out of the Program Files folder will prompt you for Admin access. 

I've come to realize that there is no need to do any of this if you install the game to your C:\ drive. 

If the game is installed to the C:\ drive, you would be able to run all of the mods that have batch files (including Total Installer Thingy) without running it as an administrator.

So for a 100% optimal game experience, do the following:

1. Uninstall any existing copy of MVP Baseball 2005, as we will perform a completely clean installation, and simply moving the MVP Baseball 2005 folder is not 100% safe, since registry entries will still point to the original installation directory.
  2. Manually find and delete any remaining MVP Baseball 2005 files from the directory it was installed from (Usually this is C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Sports\). by deleting the EA sports folder if you do not have any additional EA Sports titles installed on your PC. If you do, delete only the MVP Baseball 2005 folder.
    1. Also look for your profile under C:\Users\<your name>\Documents\MVP Baseball 2005\ and delete that too.
  3. As a safety measure, what you should do is restart your machine. This will make sure that the game is fully uninstalled/removed and there are no leftover files/cache sitting in memory.
  4. After restarting your machine, let's get this show on the road and proceed to install MVP Baseball 2005 via the first disc.
  5. The recommended install setting is Full, and make sure that the installation directory is set to C:\EA Sports\MVP Baseball 2005.
  6. After installation is complete, do not select "Launch MVP Baseball 2005". What we have to do is patch the game to the current version. While it can be argued what patch to install due to some being just roster updates and some being actual changes to the mvp2005.exe file, my personal recommendation is to install Patch 5, as for me, this gives me a piece of mind knowing that it's the last patch and it's dated 12/12/2005. After installation, congrats, you now have the latest version of MVP Baseball 2005 installed.
  7. Compatibility Mode is NOT recommended. Setting the game to run in Windows XP (Any service pack) mode or Windows 7 mode will only cause the game to run with a broken framerate....or as you all know, lightspeed mode.

Installing Total Installer Thingy:
Total Installer Thingy (known to regular member as TiT) is a utility found exclusively at MVPMods.com that will allow any user to install any file, be it a cyberface, a stadium, a uniform, any MVP related mod or a package containing these files and install them with zero hassle.

For 100% compatibility, do the following:

1. Follow this link to download the utility. Make sure that your anti-virus program is disabled as it may interfere with downloading TiT.
  2. After extracting the contents of the download, right click on install_TiT_2.0.5.exe and select Run As Administrator.
  3. The setup wizard will, unfortunately, default to the Program Files folder (As the application was made on Windows XP, there is no x86 folder). Ensure you change this to your MVP Baseball 2005 directory instead as outlined in Step 5 above.
  4. The installation will complete and TiT will be available to use.

Additional Reading:
MVP Baseball 15: The Support Thread
Installing More Mods: A Tutorial

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is the controller configuration for the official XBOX 360 controller for Windows.

profile= Controller_(XBOX_360_For_Windows)
device= Controller_(XBOX_360_For_Windows)
player= 1
number_of_buttons= 10
number_of_povs= 1
number_of_axis= 5
VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_START= button 8
VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_SELECT= button 7
VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_CROSS= button 1
VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_CIRCLE= button 2
VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_SQUARE= button 4
VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_TRIANGLE= button 5
VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_L1= button 5
VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R1= button 6
VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_L2= axis- 3
VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R2= axis+ 3
VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_L3= button 9
VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R3= button 10
VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_DPAD_UP= pov0 1
VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_DPAD_DOWN= pov180 1
VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_DPAD_LEFT= pov270 1
VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_DPAD_RIGHT= pov90 1
VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_L_STICK_RIGHT= axis- 1
VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_L_STICK_LEFT= axis+ 1
VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_L_STICK_UP= axis+ 2
VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_L_STICK_DOWN= axis- 2
VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R_STICK_RIGHT= axis- 4
VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R_STICK_LEFT= axis+ 4
VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R_STICK_UP= axis+ 5
VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R_STICK_DOWN= axis- 5
VPAD_PITCH_1= button 1
VPAD_PITCH_2= button 2
VPAD_PITCH_3= button 3
VPAD_PITCH_4= button 4
VPAD_PITCH_5= button 6
VPAD_FIELD_PICK_OFF_THROW_FIRST= button 2
VPAD_FIELD_PICK_OFF_THROW_SECOND= button 4
VPAD_FIELD_PICK_OFF_THROW_THIRD= button 3
VPAD_PITCH_OUT= button 1
VPAD_THROW_BALL= not_assigned -1
VPAD_INTENTIONAL_WALK= button 10
VPAD_INTENTIONAL_HITBATTER= button 9
VPAD_PITCH_HISTORY_OPEN= button 9
VPAD_SWING_NORMAL= button 1
VPAD_SWING_BUNT= button 10
VPAD_CHARGE_MOUND= button 4
VPAD_FIELD_THROW_FIRST= button 2
VPAD_FIELD_THROW_SECOND= button 4
VPAD_FIELD_THROW_THIRD= button 3
VPAD_FIELD_THROW_HOME= button 1
VPAD_FIELD_SWITCH= button 5
VPAD_FIELD_RELAY_THROW= axis+ 3
VPAD_FIELD_CUTOFF_THROW= axis+ 3
VPAD_FIELD_FAKE_RUNDOWN_THROW= button 6
VPAD_RUNNER_FIRST_SELECT= button 2
VPAD_RUNNER_SECOND_SELECT= button 4
VPAD_RUNNER_THIRD_SELECT= button 3
VPAD_RUNNER_RUNFIRST= pov90 1
VPAD_RUNNER_RUNSECOND= pov0 1
VPAD_RUNNER_RUNTHIRD= pov270 1
VPAD_RUNNER_RUNHOME2SCORE= pov180 1
VPAD_BASERUNNER_ADVANCEALL= button 5
VPAD_BASERUNNER_RETREATALL= button 6

• 4 months later...

once it is installed and Ive installed the patch it asks for administrator privileges when I try and start the game. I gave it the Admin Priv. but it still asks everytime I try and start it. Funny thing is Ive been playing the Game on windows 8 for a while now, and only after the last set of updates do i have this problem. Worst come to worse Ill go back to windows 7.

once it is installed and Ive installed the patch it asks for administrator privileges when I try and start the game. I gave it the Admin Priv. but it still asks everytime I try and start it. Funny thing is Ive been playing the Game on windows 8 for a while now, and only after the last set of updates do i have this problem. Worst come to worse Ill go back to windows 7.

I'm having the same issue, is this the games fault or my own?

I would remind people that after doing a fresh, clean install of MVP 2005 and the latest official patch 5, to then either copy or zip that entire file to a location of their choosing on their PC so that it could be used for other future total conversion mods and a new install can be avoided. 

Also, changing compatibility to "Windows XP (SP3)" and "running this program as an administrator" doesn't always result in frame rate problems.  I have MVP 08 (for online play) and MVP 15 installed (one in each of the Program Files folder) on my W7 64-bit PC and do not have frame rate problems with either.  Of course, as always with computers (until they totally take over the world), your mileage may vary!

What I did was uninstall all the updates from 9/8/15 and the game worked. It is one of the updates. Now Im going to investigate and find out with one it is. Im also wondering if the windows 7 regedit fix would work for windows 8?

Or, you can edit the registry directly. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
  2. Locate and then click the following subkey in the registry:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\secdrv
  3. Right-click Start, and then click Modify.
  4. In the Value data box, do one of the following:
    • Type 4 to disable the driver's service, and then click OK.
    • Type 3 to set the driver's service to manual, and then click OK.
    • Type 2 to set the driver's service to automatic, and then click OK.
  5. Exit Registry Editor.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Can anyone tell me if my system can even run the original game?

OS Name    Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version    6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description     Not Available
OS Manufacturer    Microsoft Corporation
System Name    SUPERSIAYAN2-PC
System Manufacturer    Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model    To be filled by O.E.M.
System Type    x64-based PC
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz, 3501 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date    American Megatrends Inc. F5, 11/22/2012
SMBIOS Version    2.7
Windows Directory    C:\Windows
System Directory    C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device    \Device\HarddiskVolume6
Locale    United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer    Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
User Name    SuperSiayan2-PC\SuperSiayan2
Time Zone    Eastern Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)    32.0 GB
Total Physical Memory    32.0 GB
Available Physical Memory    28.3 GB
Total Virtual Memory    32.0 GB
Available Virtual Memory    28.2 GB
Page File Space    0 bytes
GPU   NVidea GTX 970 G1 4GB

My game crashes at the start. My laptop can run it fine so i think it may have to do with my hardware on this machine.

Try to give a little more detail.  What OS?  What type of game are you trying to play and what teams/ stadium?  Also, don't do any editing in the game itself...it's usually not stable.  Use MVPedit.    Also, try the MVP 08 mod and let us know if there are any problems.  I've found that to be the most stable version of the latter TC mods.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 9 months later...

You don't really install TiT, you just house it in the main MVP 2005 folder.  Per kraw's instructions:

Make sure to install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package and .net framework pack first.

Archived