Recommended Installation Guide For MVP Baseball

Kccitystar

9 hours ago, tinpanalley said:

So basically, by updating faces through the years, there's no need for a new models.big file. Is that it? Because you effectively update the faces yourself thereby changing the models.big file? Sorry, just trying to understand how it works.

Makes perfect sense as long as especially the roster and the cyber (and the portrait) numbers match and optimally use the official IDs.  You'll find some earlier cyber makers did not, so you'll have to change those 3 file names to the right numbers per face.

PM me.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah pretty much. But I am a bit of a perfectionist, so I keep a folder with all of my updated uniforms and cyberfaces. Whenever I update them, I use a stock models.big file and install the entire pack. Over time, the models.big can become corrupt for a number of reasons.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, KILLERB442 said:

I am thinking about purchasing MVP 2005 Baseball for PC.   I have Windows 10 Dell XPS-8930 machine.  Sounds like I'll have major problems..  Thoughts?  Thank you in advance.  B

You probably will. Check the windows 10 thread for more information on this. Best of luck to you. You will enjoy this game.

I actually owned the game back in 2010 and played it quite a bit.  Wore it out, sold it and watched some videos' on Youtube and it got me thinking how much I enjoyed playing it.  I'll end up buying it and get totally frustrated trying to figure out how to get it to work.  Just glad this link is still alive & hopefully someone will be able to help me out if I have trouble.  I'm not too computer savvy so will need some guidance.  Thank you for your reply 

Well, I'll do my best.  If it's that difficult & I don't get any luck here, I'll call Dell Support for my PC.  They have been very helpful in getting games to work on Windows 10.  I'll keep ya's updated & I'm sure you'll see plenty of posts from me for help.  Thanks

4 hours ago, KILLERB442 said:

Well, I'll do my best.  If it's that difficult & I don't get any luck here, I'll call Dell Support for my PC.  They have been very helpful in getting games to work on Windows 10.  I'll keep ya's updated & I'm sure you'll see plenty of posts from me for help.  Thanks

Well, good luck with that and please do everyone in here a favor if Dell Support is able to help you here. Come back in here and tell everyone how Dell was able to help you because there are many Windows 10 folks in here who have struggled getting the game to work for them.

So, I received MVP Baseball 2005 today.  It does not have a game key but I was able to find one that got me to the installation point.   The game starts to install & hangs at Data\Models.Big which is 10% of download.  How can I get past this?   I tried to install on my C drive in programs x86 and I also tried installing on an external HD.  Same issue.  Thanks

Screenshot_3.jpg

Screenshot_5.jpg

2 hours ago, KILLERB442 said:

So, I received MVP Baseball 2005 today.  It does not have a game key but I was able to find one that got me to the installation point.   The game starts to install & hangs at Data\Models.Big which is 10% of download.  How can I get past this?   I tried to install on my C drive in programs x86 and I also tried installing on an external HD.  Same issue.  Thanks

Screenshot_3.jpg

Screenshot_5.jpg

It's an issue with the disc. Is it scratched?

The game didn't come with the jewel case or manual so Googled Missing Game Key for MVP Baseball 2005 & found a post that listed a few Keys.  Just took the first one & it worked.    As for Scratches on the Disc, No, the disc is perfect.  No scratches or marks.  I'd call it close to mint.

He got it in a box lot from an estate sale.  It didn't come with the jewel case or manual.  No problem, I don't need it.  Just need a solution to the issue stated above.  Hopefully someone can provide an answer.  The person I bought the game from gave me a full refund and told me I could keep the game.  It doesn't do me any good if I can't get it installed.  So if anyone knows, please share.  Thanks 

18 minutes ago, KILLERB442 said:

Sorry, was not bumping.  I'm new here, was just looking for help.

I get it. And I wish that you had an answer already but sometimes it does take time. You see, maybe the person who can help you with this has not been on the website for awhile and therefore has not seen your question and the ones that have seen it don't know the answer to it. That's all I mean.

There's no legitimate way to get a CD key to work from another source with an existing disc.  Basically you bought a safe without a combination or the keys that came with it.

As far as the Windows 10 problem, Jim already pointed to the proper thread(s).  

Might not be the answers you're looking for, but that's the answer.  Don't buy software without the associated keys.

1 hour ago, Kccitystar said:

Are you able to copy the contents of Disc 1 to a folder on your machine? Not through installing it but all of the data on the disc itself.

Are you thinking that the reg key ends up in the registry if you get that far?

16 hours ago, Gordo said:

Are you thinking that the reg key ends up in the registry if you get that far?

As far as the CD key goes, it's primary function was to just register the key to your account for EA Sports Online, but that no longer exists.  Any "generic" key will get you past that (if you read between the lines), but obviously we can't provide that resource here.

What I was hoping @KILLERB442 would be able to do was copy all of the contents of the first disk to a folder on their desktop for example, and try to install the game that way, and load up Disc 2 when prompted. Disc 2 is what you really need in order to run the game, but I want to make sure Disc 1 works.

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

I have installed the game as in the beginning of the thread. However, I was having trouble saving my profile on the game or dynasty.

Have any thoughts?

This what I see once I try to save one of the above:

Thanks in advance! :)

image.thumb.png.fa61a874dfe724307451865dd6b588da.png

Archived