Recommended Installation Guide For MVP Baseball

Kccitystar

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, cincykid28 said:

My bad.

Thanks...

Even though I'm an admin, I'm not going to pile on you about it, but your profile issue with MVP is something that I nor anyone else have run across with the original disc version of the game, and because you've disclosed that you've obtained a non-disc copy, I'm not sure how to best help with your issue outside of possibly reinstalling the game.

7 hours ago, Kccitystar said:

Even though I'm an admin, I'm not going to pile on you about it, but your profile issue with MVP is something that I nor anyone else have run across with the original disc version of the game, and because you've disclosed that you've obtained a non-disc copy, I'm not sure how to best help with your issue outside of possibly reinstalling the game.

Now that's true. I've seen a lot of problems brought up over the years but this one after all this time is a first.

Ok @cincykid28  This game is being sold on Amazon right now but I advise you not to buy it from this seller. All you need to do is see how much he is trying to get and you will see why. Keep your eyes out and you will find more reasonable sellers.

• 2 months later...

OK I've read through everything I can about getting this game to work on Windows 10.  I've tried everything that was in the beginning of this post.  And it still doesn't work.  Getting frustrated.... 

2 hours ago, Kory said:

OK I've read through everything I can about getting this game to work on Windows 10.  I've tried everything that was in the beginning of this post.  And it still doesn't work.  Getting frustrated.... 

Did you read the thread that specially describes attempts to run the game on Windows 10?  A handful have gotten it to work, but the vast majority have not, so you’re probably not going to have much luck. 

• 4 months later...

Hi--unfortunately I followed this post to a T, and it didn't work on my system (running Windows 10 on an Alienware desktop with MVP Baseball 2005 on 2 CDs).  I've tried compatability mode, command prompts, installing the game to different areas--no dice.  Is this guide still current, or is there a new process since MS keeps publishing updates? 

21 minutes ago, gmsaber007 said:

Hi--unfortunately I followed this post to a T, and it didn't work on my system (running Windows 10 on an Alienware desktop with MVP Baseball 2005 on 2 CDs).  I've tried compatability mode, command prompts, installing the game to different areas--no dice.  Is this guide still current, or is there a new process since MS keeps publishing updates? 

There is a separate thread about people trying to get the game to run on Windows 19. A handful of people have been able to get it to run, but most have not. 

• 3 months later...
56 minutes ago, redsox54 said:

hi im having an issue with my game. i installed the game but when i click the icon the game dose not start. im playing on windows 7

What do you see on the screen?  Is there an error message?  Did you install the game with discs or did you download it?

40 minutes ago, Jim825 said:

What do you see on the screen?  Is there an error message?  Did you install the game with discs or did you download it?

thank you for getting back to me.Intalled with discs, no messages. i see nothing on screen i click mvp icon the mouse loads for a couple secs but nothing comes up

On 1/21/2021 at 5:24 PM, Yankee4Life said:

Now check out the season mods and I promise you that you will be blown away.

Hey thank you so much. I have run into a problem. Tried installing the 1955 mod had no problem doing that but when I open the game it  loads for a second or to and then says mvp.exe has stopped working

On 5/10/2015 at 10:57 PM, Kccitystar said:

Welcome to the thread!

THIS is the COMPLETE guide to installing MVP on a Non-Windows XP system.

Since this game has been released, this entire community has worked countless man-hours to provide the most realistic MVP Baseball experience possible and have tried to provide the most true-to-life representation of baseball. Within the game's boundaries of course.

However, most of us who mod are aware that many of our completed projects may not function with system setups that are not our own. This has always been an issue, especially with any developer that works on a PC title. After realizing that after Windows XP, Microsoft had decided to tighten up security implementing changes to prevent programs from making modifications to your Program Files folder, this guide had to be drafted. This is bad. While for general users like you and I, this is a perfect solution to the spyware programs that plagued Windows XP, this causes problems with a game like MVP Baseball 2005.

You see, with a game like MVP Baseball 2005, we have a lot of mods on our site that utilize command line utilities and batch files, which will not work at all if your game is installed in the default Program Files (x86) folder.  

While there are workarounds, it can be a little ridiculous if you're moving multiple items at once or modding multiple items at once in a batch file, for example, modding under Windows 7 and higher, you have to run any GUI utility (like TiT, BigGUI, EA Graphics Editor or LocLook for example) as an administrator to make any changes if you want to mod a file that's in the Program Files folder. Even moving a file into and out of the Program Files folder will prompt you for Admin access. 

I've come to realize that there is no need to do any of this if you install the game to your C:\ drive. 

If the game is installed to the C:\ drive, you would be able to run all of the mods that have batch files (including Total Installer Thingy) without running it as an administrator.

So for a 100% optimal game experience, do the following:

1. Uninstall any existing copy of MVP Baseball 2005, as we will perform a completely clean installation, and simply moving the MVP Baseball 2005 folder is not 100% safe, since registry entries will still point to the original installation directory.
  2. Manually find and delete any remaining MVP Baseball 2005 files from the directory it was installed from (Usually this is C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Sports\). by deleting the EA sports folder if you do not have any additional EA Sports titles installed on your PC. If you do, delete only the MVP Baseball 2005 folder.
    1. Also look for your profile under C:\Users\<your name>\Documents\MVP Baseball 2005\ and delete that too.
  3. As a safety measure, what you should do is restart your machine. This will make sure that the game is fully uninstalled/removed and there are no leftover files/cache sitting in memory.
  4. After restarting your machine, let's get this show on the road and proceed to install MVP Baseball 2005 via the first disc.
  5. The recommended install setting is Full, and make sure that the installation directory is set to C:\EA Sports\MVP Baseball 2005.
  6. After installation is complete, do not select "Launch MVP Baseball 2005". What we have to do is patch the game to the current version. While it can be argued what patch to install due to some being just roster updates and some being actual changes to the mvp2005.exe file, my personal recommendation is to install Patch 5, as for me, this gives me a piece of mind knowing that it's the last patch and it's dated 12/12/2005. After installation, congrats, you now have the latest version of MVP Baseball 2005 installed.
  7. Compatibility Mode is NOT recommended. Setting the game to run in Windows XP (Any service pack) mode or Windows 7 mode will only cause the game to run with a broken framerate....or as you all know, lightspeed mode.

Installing Total Installer Thingy:
Total Installer Thingy (known to regular member as TiT) is a utility found exclusively at MVPMods.com that will allow any user to install any file, be it a cyberface, a stadium, a uniform, any MVP related mod or a package containing these files and install them with zero hassle.

For 100% compatibility, do the following:

1. Follow this link to download the utility. Make sure that your anti-virus program is disabled as it may interfere with downloading TiT.
  2. After extracting the contents of the download, right click on install_TiT_2.0.5.exe and select Run As Administrator.
  3. The setup wizard will, unfortunately, default to the Program Files folder (As the application was made on Windows XP, there is no x86 folder). Ensure you change this to your MVP Baseball 2005 directory instead as outlined in Step 5 above.
  4. The installation will complete and TiT will be available to use.

Additional Reading:
MVP Baseball 15: The Support Thread
Installing More Mods: A Tutorial

If someone could teach me how too put on my computer if some teach me 

• 4 months later...

I just installed MVP baseball 2005 to C:\EA Sports\MVP Baseball 2005 and patch 5 and I still get an error that I must login as administrator even though I gave the game administrative privileges, help

19 minutes ago, cf55 said:

I'm sorry, duh Windows 10 64 bit

Home edition

Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0

Entire support thread about this.  Generally Windows 10 is not going to work.  Either partition your drive and install XP or 7 on that partition and play from there.  Or install another HDD and boot from there.  Or buy a basic computer with lowered specs (like an Optiplex) with a dedicated GPU card (I would have 2 GBs minimum).

Archived