Recommended Installation Guide For MVP Baseball

I've tried virtual box and it doesn't do the job.  Don't waste  your time. 

There's versions of XP or 7 on sale on Amazon and Ebay (as well as through your local Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace all the time).  I'm not sure but I don't think you have to worry about registering it any longer because M$ doesn't support it any longer.  You wouldn't be using it as an actual full operating system, so a pre-owned copy may be just fine.  A quick look on Ebay found this:

Pre-owned for $10:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/254994066842?epid=127777753&hash=item3b5ed4ad9a:g:1xoAAOSw3d1grqBw

New for $15 (auction):  https://www.ebay.com/itm/304013829483?hash=item46c8a2e56b%3Ag%3A5X8AAOSwO0FgqEoG&LH_ItemCondition=1000

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My understanding is if you do not register Windows XP the software stops working after 30 days. I paid a lot of money for this game in hopes of being able to tweak it like I did NBA Live99 and NHL 2k through 2002 and FIFA 2000 and 2005 and they all work in windows 10 because folks at NGlide figured how to make them work. So, I will wait until someone comes up with a better solution. Thanks for the help.

7 minutes ago, cf55 said:

My understanding is if you do not register Windows XP the software stops working after 30 days. I paid a lot of money for this game in hopes of being able to tweak it like I did NBA Live99 and NHL 2k through 2002 and FIFA 2000 and 2005 and they all work in windows 10 because folks at NGlide figured how to make them work. So, I will wait until someone comes up with a better solution. Thanks for the help.

I didn’t know that about Windows XP even after all this time.

How much did you have to pay for Mvp 2005? And when you get it to work you can and will tweak it to your heart’s content. One look in the downloads should explain to you what I mean.

You were given help about this issue and I’m sorry it is not up to par for you. Maybe you can ask the kind people at NGlide to help you. But keep in mind: no one knows more about Mvp ‘05 than the people on this website.

$80 for a pristine copy with both disks and manual in the original box. So, somewhere along the way it will work. Heck if my old Tony2 and 3 games work in Windows10 this game can as well. Again if any one figures this out let me know or if I do I will let all of you know.

3 hours ago, cf55 said:

$80 for a pristine copy with both disks and manual in the original box. So, somewhere along the way it will work. Heck if my old Tony2 and 3 games work in Windows10 this game can as well. Again if any one figures this out let me know or if I do I will let all of you know.

Have you looked at the Windows 10 thread?  People have been trying for years to get the game to work on Windows 10 without much luck. If you are waiting for someone to find a solution, unfortunately you are going to be waiting for quite a while. 

I don't think that's true about XP at all.  These are the suggestions we have for you, so if you hold out, you'll probably just continue to have to make due or stay frustrated instead of working one of the known good options.

• 3 weeks later...

I got the game to work in Windows 7 what a blast I love this game.

That said I downloaded some of the great work like MVP Total 1927 season and 1915, 1948, 1956. In these games when you play in dynasty mode the standings league alignments are 4 divisions of sometimes one or two teams in a division. Kind of goofy. Now if you open the MBE file using Access instead of the MVPedit you can change the Divisional alignments. Of course then the game crashes. Anyone out there figure out a way to have normal or historic league alignment?

3 hours ago, cf55 said:

I got the game to work in Windows 7 what a blast I love this game.

That said I downloaded some of the great work like MVP Total 1927 season and 1915, 1948, 1956. In these games when you play in dynasty mode the standings league alignments are 4 divisions of sometimes one or two teams in a division. Kind of goofy. Now if you open the MBE file using Access instead of the MVPedit you can change the Divisional alignments. Of course then the game crashes. Anyone out there figure out a way to have normal or historic league alignment?

The game requires 2 leagues with 3 divisions per league. There is no way to get around this.  Each division has to contain a minimum of two teams. For many of the TC mods we put the two teams with the worst records in each league in one of the divisions. 

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, potatogames said:

halp i got a .rar for TiT

You need a utility like WinRar or WinZip to open the .rar file. You can then extract the .exe file from it.