Parche/Mod MLB 2K15....

toretowr

Friends, my idea was not to generate discución, just wanted to collect all the contributions published here for the game and the game show via all have life, although it was the latter who took the company 2K.

I was going back and repeat the patch do published a list of people who managed to make this patch, in no time I said it was mine, just said it was modifying, removing things that I did not like.

Like the patch will not be published here, I will post elsewhere and clear that equal the credits will be added in the installer and the page where you will post.

Finally if I offended anyone I apologize I did not mean.

Friends, my idea was not to generate discución, just wanted to collect all the contributions published here for the game and the game show via all have life, although it was the latter who took the company 2K.

I was going back and repeat the patch do published a list of people who managed to make this patch, in no time I said it was mine, just said it was modifying, removing things that I did not like.

Like the patch will not be published here, I will post elsewhere and clear that equal the credits will be added in the installer and the page where you will post.

​I actually appreciate you trying to reach out and let us know this was going to be done rather than just releasing it and not giving any mention of credit. Please let me know where this is posted as I do believe there is some very valuable original work in this that most of us can learn from. It even looked as though they had made the jerseys more loose or baggy and that is something I know the Koreans accomplished with NBA2K. I honestly think this guy did none of this work other than taking the Korean mod(which was already out there) and removed everything in Korean about it to make it more MLB authentic an is planning to re-release it and has no issues mentioning credit. I honestly don't see the problem here.

​to be honest... i think the whole taking our mods and compiling them and posting it elsewhere is what angers people around here.  just my opinion

​This isn't the first time these guys have pulled something like this either.

​No it's not hard. When they try to pull something like this you don't approve the mod and you tell them why you are not approving the mod right away. Don't hold their God damned hand and hope they don't get mad. They've done this stuff before in the past when they stole stuff from Mvp modders and the 2k modders.

Is there a bit of language barrier? Sure there is, just like with the Caribe guys. And let's not forget that the Caribe guys took a lot of the stuff the modders made here and claimed it as their own. But nothing as blatant as what this Korean group does. And there is no way you can tell me that there isn't one of them that can't understand English and that means they know exactly what they are doing.

​I'm sorry, but you are 100% wrong.

​You know how to twist it around, don't you?

I'm going to blatantly ignore the tone of your post, because I've been a longstanding member of this community and I'm sure anyone else would have responded differently, but I will say that you need to work on your communication skills with people who contribute a lot to this community and make it what it is. Be much more diplomatic and understanding and I guarantee you the dialogue you have between you and the people that come to this site regularly will improve.

Just so I don't stray off course, the truth is, this is the equivalent of a total conversion mod. The bottom line issue among us here should not be what they stole (because to be honest, we've modified everything from 2K), but whether or not we are credited for our work if it's included in that particular mod.

Given that this mod would hypothetically be uploaded on our site, we should as a community ensure that our contributions (if any) are recognized in this mod. If they are not, the documentation will be updated by an admin with what we can safely 100% determine to be content by our members. If the contributors are not okay with that, they can host their mods elsewhere.

It's an unwritten rule that if you're making a derivative work of someone else's mod (either you're using it as a base or adding on to what they did) that you credit the original author. This isn't unique to us at all, but I guess I'd have to make that disclaimer. We are a community of guys who love modding these games and I think we should all as a whole have a solid understanding of what we're doing.

If we still can't come to an understanding, fuck it, I'll just encrypt all my stuff with 256-bit hashed and salted encryption.

I could't agree more with what KC said. And it's not like putting all of it together isn't a shit ton of work in itself..making it a valuable contribution. We were talking about releasing a total conversion mod at end of summer it takes that much time. And banning them or not allowing them to post or partake in this community does not stop it from happening. Period.

I couldn't agree more with what KC said. And it's not like putting all of it together isn't a shit ton of work in itself..making it a valuable contribution. We were talking about releasing a total conversion mod at end of summer it takes that much time. And banning them or not allowing them to post or partake in this community does not stop it from happening. Period.

To be truthfully honest with the community, we need all the web traffic we can get. Doing anything that doesn't sound like "let them upload the mod" resolves nothing. We want to have a thriving, inclusive community again, and I think this is the best course of action. I can't think of any gaming community that is quick to grab the pitchforks and crucify contributors without immediately attempting to resolve what's perceived to be something wrong (uncredited work), and let's be honest, stealing people's work is inevitable and it's something that we can't stop entirely. It happens in the NBA2K community as well, and many other places. What are we going to do, spend meaningless time and effort encrypting all of our content on this site just to prevent a handful of modders from Asia/Latin America from taking our stuff? That resolves nothing and only kills our community faster.

We can only highly discourage it on our end by making sure we let the user know our policies in advance. It at least shows to our members that we care.

The bottom line issue among us here should not be what they stole (because to be honest, we've modified everything from 2K), but whether or not we are credited for our work if it's included in that particular mod.

Wo5CuSE.gif

banning them or not allowing them to post or partake in this community does not stop it from happening. Period.

this exactly 

Why doesn't he just preview in-depth  all the work that is original and not by any modder here. Then he could get input as to whether there is a demand here for the "patch" he wishes to release? He could also get input on the quality of work first hand and find out what or what not to include in his patch. Instead of trying to do it all on his own in his own methods, perhaps he can contribute to the total conversion mod  for MLB2K15 that is planned, and include the original material from outside sources that people like the most.

Why doesn't he just preview in-depth  all the work that is original and not by any modder here. Then he could get input as to whether there is a demand here for the "patch" he wishes to release? He could also get input on the quality of work first hand and find out what or what not to include in his patch. Instead of trying to do it all on his own in his own methods, perhaps he can contribute to the total conversion mod  for MLB2K15 that is planned, and include the original material from outside sources that people like the most.

The same way that MVP Caribe has their own MVP Baseball 15 mod, we have our own here. I don't think there has to be one true version, although it would limit confusion.

That's what I meant. There doesn't need to be a true version of anything. To try to eliminate confusion or resentment, show everybody first what is in his patch that is original and not from the community here, then ask the appropriate people for permission to include their mods in his patch. Announcing a patch, or showing everything out of the blue in a preview video that includes all the mods  is what gets on my nerve because I can see all the content that was added but not approved by the modders here themselves.

The problem is that he doesnt know exactly what is in it and who it is from. He downloaded all of his stuff from the  Facebook page done by the Koreans and put it all together and also taking out parts he didnt like. Im telling you the language barrier is the biggest problem here.We will need to help identify evryones work in this so he can give proper credit to them.

Edited by BSU-FAN

The problem is that he doesnt know exactly what is in it and who it is from. He downloaded all of his stuff from the  Facebook page done by the Koreans and put it all together and also taking out parts he didnt like. Im telling you the language barrier is the biggest problem here.We will need to help identify evryones work in this so he can give proper credit to them.

​So...why don't we let this guy upload that mod here, and we'll do what he did and sort out who did what and take credit for work that could potentially be ours anyway? From what I've determined so far in my searches....

IkEK059.jpg

My uniforms are included in this mod
Scottybilly's facepacks are included in this mod
Your roster is included in this mod along with some recent portrait packs (not sure if yours is in this scottybilly)
DaSteelerz' stadiums are included in this mod
The superglobal file I've been working on in the past couple of years is in this mod

I think I have a general idea of whose work belongs to whom and what the asian MLB2K community have worked on that's 100% theirs, like the sky textures and titlepages of Asian ballplayers.

I say let them upload this project on our site and we'll sort out who's work is what if it isn't mentioned explicitly.

Not a problem.

Yes, I have done the same searches myself and found this. I have no problem with their project being uploaded. But it would be nice to find more content than just sky textures, and variations of team logos, menu icons, background images, title pages, etc. Its all quality work, but minor in how it enhances the game in my point of view. Where are the cyberfaces, stadiums, uniforms, or accessories that I'm sure have been modded in the Asian community? That's what I would like to see added to this person's project.

there is no real way to stop this though, other then just banning everyone from korea from joining the site or pay walling i assume?

edit: and no shape or form am i trying to promote those ideas at all

Edited by BigRog

Yes, I have done the same searches myself and found this. I have no problem with their project being uploaded. But it would be nice to find more content than just sky textures, and variations of team logos, menu icons, background images, title pages, etc. Its all quality work, but minor in how it enhances the game in my point of view. Where are the cyberfaces, stadiums, uniforms, or accessories that I'm sure have been modded in the Asian community? That's what I would like to see added to this person's project.

​I agree with you. I'm not a fan of vague descriptions of improvements, tweaks or whatever.

What's included in this mod that we haven't made ourselves?

I personally conosco this user and never attributed anything to the work that makes think him, he placed his name other places it with the name of the author. This user always tell who the work actually see it on the picture I put KCity

​I understand that. I think it's important to protect and respect our work and the time we took to make our mods.

It's 4.5 GB which tells me it's likely a Total Conversion Mod with portraits, cyberfaces, stadiums, uniforms etc.

Why don't we allow him to just post it and thereby take possession of it, and whoever needs to be credited can be credited accordingly. It's going to be on other sites regardless, you can't stop that. Better to be here, where we can monitor it's distribution and tag it with the appropriate credits.

im not sure but i dont think he was posting it here as a download, as i reread his initial post... i think he was mainly saying here is a preview in this youtube video.. i could be wrong.  from what it seems, KC's stance is to allow it so whatever happens, happens it seems at this point

Where are the cyberfaces, stadiums, uniforms, or accessories that I'm sure have been modded in the Asian community? That's what I would like to see added to this person's project.

​The Asian community has made some great mods. I'm talking about the ones I use for Mvp. They made an Asian baseball mod last year that is a blast to play. I think I play it as much as Mvp 15. Years ago they made another Asian mod that is not hosted here anymore and there are a lot of good mods for Mvp that are made by the Asian guys.

​I agree with you. I'm not a fan of vague descriptions of improvements, tweaks or whatever.

What's included in this mod that we haven't made ourselves?

​That's what I was trying to say this morning. Look at it this way. All you guys are going to be doing is downloading a mod that you probably already have installed on your 2k12 game. It will be your work, scottybilly's, etc, etc. all rolled into one and packaged differently and when you open it up it will be nothing that you haven't seen before.

​The Asian community has made some great mods. I'm talking about the ones I use for Mvp. They made an Asian baseball mod last year that is a blast to play. I think I play it as much as Mvp 15. Years ago they made another Asian mod that is not hosted here anymore and there are a lot of good mods for Mvp that are made by the Asian guys.

​That's what I was trying to say this morning. Look at it this way. All you guys are going to be doing is downloading a mod that you probably already have installed on your 2k12 game. It will be your work, scottybilly's, etc, etc. all rolled into one and packaged differently and when you open it up it will be nothing that you haven't seen before.

In other words, it's likely with the amount of work that's ours in this mod, we won't be the primary audience, and that's okay.

For someone who is probably new to the community with 0 posts, this would be like their starter package, and I have no problem with that at all.