Official 2K15 Thread

Kccitystar

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heck yes! ;) I'm already working on something, but like I mentioned in a similar topic, I would like the soundtrack to have at least one song picked by each modder who helped building the full package. If you guys don't like this idea then I might just put something together myself and release it with the full package when the time comes

So whats the staus of the soundtrack? Im just trying to get a feel for where everyone is at with the mod?

Ok so I need everyone's opinion here regarding portraits.  I appreciate the updated roster and portrait pack from the koreans.  I really do.  But what does everyone want for the Total Mod?  I looked through the pack and saw several dated photos and lots of white outlines.  Is everyone OK with this? I know scottybilly puts alot of work into these too so I'd like his opinion too, but  I guess I don't really want to waste a lot of time trying to go through 2015 high res images and so forth if people only care about a guy in a hat no matter the quality/uniformity etc.  I can start helping on stadiums, jerseys, etc.  if everyone is content as is with the portrait situation.  Please everyone give their two cents here.

Ok so I need everyone's opinion here regarding portraits.  I appreciate the updated roster and portrait pack from the koreans.  I really do.  But what does everyone want for the Total Mod?  I looked through the pack and saw several dated photos and lots of white outlines.  Is everyone OK with this? I know scottybilly puts alot of work into these too so I'd like his opinion too, but  I guess I don't really want to waste a lot of time trying to go through 2015 high res images and so forth if people only care about a guy in a hat no matter the quality/uniformity etc.  I can start helping on stadiums, jerseys, etc.  if everyone is content as is with the portrait situation.  Please everyone give their two cents here.

Nobody's work will go to waste. I know how hard you have worked on those portraits and they belong in this update

So whats the staus of the soundtrack? Im just trying to get a feel for where everyone is at with the mod?

I have one recommendation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBpYgpF1bqQ

As much as I appreciated the contribution from the Korean modders that dasteelerz uploaded, I agree that a lot of the portraits were made with low quality pics and copy/pasted hats, torsos etc. For a total conversion mod, I want the best portraits made from the best photos of each player. If I had to be very picky, I would want them all the same size and done with the same method. However, as Raidersball said, he makes portraits from hi-res actual team photos that he gets from mlbpressbox.

I learned how to make portraits using the portrait maker/photoshop plug-in that Krawitham posted here. That is why they look so different than Raidersball's portraits. All my reference photos for players come from mlb.com and milb.com since I don't have access to mlbpressbox. They are not official team photos, but high quality photos with the uniform photoshopped after a player is signed or traded to a new team. If you look at my portrait pack, you can see that the only portraits I make are for players as they are traded or sign with a new team during the season, as well as minor league players that did not pose for a team photo with a major league team.

I would just release a portrait pack that combines my and Raidersball's efforts whether they are sized the same or not. BSU-FAN's roster already has the portrait ID numbers assigned correctly for 99% of them. And after doing my own editing to generic players on his roster, I've mostly filled out every Single-A and Double-AA team to include 25 players and made portraits for said players. It's not very important but I personally do not want generic players in a baseball game.

I have one recommendation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBpYgpF1bqQ

That should work! Will include this ;) 

I have something put together, but I am still not sure about a few songs. If you guys have reccomendations with a song you would like to hear in the soundtrack, please do link it to me like KC just did and I will do my best to make it fit in the soundtrack slots.

As far a the portraits go, I like Scotty's idea of mixing both portrait packs.

I am fine with combining packs.  Lets be honest, there are none  and will be no official pressbox photos for the trades so the high res photos from MLB.com are just fine.  As for now I am just going to stick with v6 of BSU-FANS roster.  I do not like to stray outside his official release simply because I do not want crashes for people should they start a franchise. One glaring flaw of the Korean roster is Michael Morse is not in the MLB.  As BSU-FAN pointed out this will cause crashes.  Scotty, if you have taken the time to rename every milb team you should ask BSU-FAN to check it over to make sure it passes crash tests, etc.  That would be a huge contribution to the community and at some point portraits could be made for every player.   I am just going to continue grinding away and MilB jerseys and other odds and ends.  When I feel I am complete on my end I will submit everything to Kccitystar.

I think this is just a get me by.. I just liked having the new players in their uniforms for now. I never would say "yeah let's settle" but there is a time constraint due to lack of modders. The roster update is a tough one to tackle. I would always suggest thehighestquality and to continue that... But another season is almost nearing its end.

Gentlemen, we have accomplished a lot here.  I spoke to jaspan yesterday and the background player images should be done within the next couple weeks.  

All 2015 team logos are updated

Total Uniforms is nearly complete

21/30 stadiums are complete

Most of the frontend art is up to date.  I have the 2015 postseason and World Series logos but I'm still waiting on the Divisoinal and Championship Series Logos

Portrait Pack and soundtrack should be ready to go by early next month.

So yeah,  don't sell anybody short.  Everyone has done a fantastic job.  We can always release a patch like the MVP guys if we need too to tweak a few things.