MVP 15 Patch 2 Datafile Beta

Kccitystar

Well I played through a batting practice and the first thing I noticed was the camera for batting was back to its "vanilla" settings. In other words when I first installed the mod the pitcher didn't feel like he was so close to homeplate. Now he feels close to homeplate again. Is that the correct angle?

Never mind, I think I see the issue, I didn't rebuild the datefile after importing.

Hmmmm that didn't seem to solve that issue. In fact I notice that the datafile.big is smaller than the original. After importing and rebuilding the file is 2.78 mg. the original file was 6.99mg.

Edited by Slydude3129

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, just to be clear Sly, kyleb did the rosters basing off of what we did last year.  kyleb was responsible for the roster set initially in MVP 15.  Since I updated stuff at the end of the year last year, kyle went off of that and then created a bunch of minor leaguers and made sure the affiliates were in order.  I decided then to do updates during the Summer, though I tend to focus on MLB stuff primarily (edits too, not just moves).

Oh, just to be clear Sly, kyleb did the rosters basing off of what we did last year.  kyleb was responsible for the roster set initially in MVP 15.  Since I updated stuff at the end of the year last year, kyle went off of that and then created a bunch of minor leaguers and made sure the affiliates were in order.  I decided then to do updates during the Summer, though I tend to focus on MLB stuff primarily (edits too, not just moves).

I don't blame you for focusing on one aspect, there are alot of players to edit just in the MLB I can't imagine the work it would take to do all the MLB teams and their farming clubs. I saw you got some heat from people who must not have any idea how much work goes into something as "simple" as updating a roster. You won't get that from me. I play the minor league games, just because it feels like good practice before playing the MLB game the same day, well depends on which game comes first but still.

Though to be honest, I prefer having injuries and suspensions and trades left on, I may try your roster in the future, but I might keep what I have so I won't run into any issues. I guess if its that big a deal for me, I can just learn how to edit rosters myself and find a way, if possible to allow for those things, without having to worry about other issues. But that may be way off the the future, or not at all.

Sweet I've been here 3 days now, and I already have a forum stalker, just because I don't like the Yankees. Grow the hell up old man.

I'm guessing this is the tool? http://www.mvpmods.com/files/file/1100-biggui/ I'll give it a shot, sounds pretty simple to do. I will need to make a backup of my original datafile.big I assume.

That seemed very simple, open the data file, then import the txt file. Tool says imported successfully.

Settle this in PMs. Not in a public forum. Let's stay on topic as we have been in the subsequent posts.

Well I played through a batting practice and the first thing I noticed was the camera for batting was back to its "vanilla" settings. In other words when I first installed the mod the pitcher didn't feel like he was so close to homeplate. Now he feels close to homeplate again. Is that the correct angle?

Never mind, I think I see the issue, I didn't rebuild the datefile after importing.

Hmmmm that didn't seem to solve that issue. In fact I notice that the datafile.big is smaller than the original. After importing and rebuilding the file is 2.78 mg. the original file was 6.99mg.

The camera for batting has been restored to vanilla in the datafile as I felt like it made a lot better sense to me to just tweak the base datafile to what I thought would be the logical thing EA would do.

In a sense, a lot of the changes in the datafile were done with the intention of preserving the experience of the game as it was 10 years ago but tweaking it so both new and older, experienced players of the game can enjoy it just the same.

The camera for batting has been restored to vanilla in the datafile as I felt like it made a lot better sense to me to just tweak the base datafile to what I thought would be the logical thing EA would do.
In a sense, a lot of the changes in the datafile were done with the intention of preserving the experience of the game as it was 10 years ago but tweaking it so both new and old veterans of the game can enjoy it just the same.

Cool, cool. I was just afraid that indicated I had done something wrong. Does the file get smaller like it does? Am I suppose to see something done when I hit rebuild? When I click it, it doesn't really appear to do anything in the program.

But I guess if the camera goes back to "vanilla" then the changes have taken place. I just haven't played it long enough to notice the difference though, I did do better in Batting Practice with this at MVP, than I do in vanilla, or the other previous version of the mod. I even made it to the 4 round without having to rematch first rattle out of the box. Hey! I did mention I was terrible at the game!

It did seem like the ball took longer to get to the plate than originally it did. And knuckle-balls feel like I am sitting there waiting forever for it to get to me. So it must have been done correctly if your Bugs Bunny comment sheds any light on it.

Am I old because I remember that cartoon too? I remember the one that Goofy was in as well. Also there was another one I can recall but can't seem to find. At one part the crowd was screaming the Umpire is blind, only to reveal, the ump is in fact blind. At another point the same guy is screaming KILL THE UMPIRE, followed by a single gunshot off screen, and his face going from red to white, while he removes his hat. And the announcer calling that the outfielder is fading back, fading, fading, fading, until the character literally fades away. This might be off topic, sorry.

Cool, cool. I was just afraid that indicated I had done something wrong. Does the file get smaller like it does? Am I suppose to see something done when I hit rebuild? When I click it, it doesn't really appear to do anything in the program.

But I guess if the camera goes back to "vanilla" then the changes have taken place. I just haven't played it long enough to notice the difference though, I did do better in Batting Practice with this at MVP, than I do in vanilla, or the other previous version of the mod. I even made it to the 4 round without having to rematch first rattle out of the box. Hey! I did mention I was terrible at the game!

It did seem like the ball took longer to get to the plate than originally it did. And knuckle-balls feel like I am sitting there waiting forever for it to get to me. So it must have been done correctly if your Bugs Bunny comment sheds any light on it.

Am I old because I remember that cartoon too? I remember the one that Goofy was in as well. Also there was another one I can recall but can't seem to find. At one part the crowd was screaming the Umpire is blind, only to reveal, the ump is in fact blind. At another point the same guy is screaming KILL THE UMPIRE, followed by a single gunshot off screen, and his face going from red to white, while he removes his hat. And the announcer calling that the outfielder is fading back, fading, fading, fading, until the character literally fades away. This might be off topic, sorry.

....but are you having fun? That's what's most important to me :)

Got a point to make. I was playing on TRUE MVP and I realized the difficulty was like ALL-STAR(pre datfile update) with harder pitching, just what I have been looking for! Was this intentional or was TRUE MVP meant to be harder then MVP, hitting wise I find it easier to recognize the off-speed pitches making it easier to hit, yet the PC didn't pick up on this and was swing to quickly on the off-speed pitches, or sat on one and put it in the seats(2-1 win). The game felt like real-life almost when I was on the mound.

As far as hitting the TRUE MVP speed differences made no effect to me facing Lance Lynn and made it slightly easier to pick up on the breaking balls.

To conclude, great job, but if you were trying to make this harder then MVP, well you didn't and I love it because as an ALL-STAR/MVP mix this fit in between.

Got a point to make. I was playing on TRUE MVP and I realized the difficulty was like ALL-STAR(pre datfile update) with harder pitching, just what I have been looking for! Was this intentional or was TRUE MVP meant to be harder then MVP, hitting wise I find it easier to recognize the off-speed pitches making it easier to hit, yet the PC didn't pick up on this and was swing to quickly on the off-speed pitches, or sat on one and put it in the seats(2-1 win). The game felt like real-life almost when I was on the mound.

As far as hitting the TRUE MVP speed differences made no effect to me facing Lance Lynn and made it slightly easier to pick up on the breaking balls.

To conclude, great job, but if you were trying to make this harder then MVP, well you didn't and I love it because as an ALL-STAR/MVP mix this fit in between.

I should work on rebalancing it a bit more. Maybe I should make this difficulty the new All-Star.

I want True MVP to be a clear-cut, "throw this controller through a wall" challenge. I will say that this post makes me happy though as I want people to keep testing it out!

I should work on rebalancing it a bit more. Maybe I should make this difficulty the new All-Star.

I want True MVP to be a clear-cut, "throw this controller through a wall" challenge. I will say that this post makes me happy though as I want people to keep testing it out!

I like the idea of "throw this controller through a wall" challenge for MVP. While I haven't put the time in to make an accurate judgment on how it feels, my first impression was, this seems a bit easier than it had been.

I'll get to work on this during the weekend. I'm just trying to really maximize my free time but my job won't play nice

There isn't any need to put yourself in a personal bind in order to get this done immediately. We are not going anywhere anytime soon. But I would agree that this difficulty would be a nice All Star one, as the vanilla all star made pitching seem easier than it needed to be. I played a few quick innings in Exi and was getting hit left and right, which is good for me, it seems the pitching difficulty went up. While I'm one of those guys that doesn't want a "cheating" AI, I also don't want an AI with one arm tied behind its back.

Though personally, I did enjoy the original camera zoom in batting more than the vanilla. I felt like I could see more of the field and that the pitcher wasn't right there on top of me. But that is personal preference and if you have found a balance between this view, and how fast the ball gets to the plate, I can learn to enjoy it. As I felt in vanilla I had no time at all to swing the bat, now even with a fastball, I now have a split second to decide to swing or not. Which just feels better to me than the vanilla did.

I like the idea of "throw this controller through a wall" challenge for MVP. While I haven't put the time in to make an accurate judgment on how it feels, my first impression was, this seems a bit easier than it had been.

There isn't any need to put yourself in a personal bind in order to get this done immediately. We are not going anywhere anytime soon. But I would agree that this difficulty would be a nice All Star one, as the vanilla all star made pitching seem easier than it needed to be. I played a few quick innings in Exi and was getting hit left and right, which is good for me, it seems the pitching difficulty went up. While I'm one of those guys that doesn't want a "cheating" AI, I also don't want an AI with one arm tied behind its back.

Though personally, I did enjoy the original camera zoom in batting more than the vanilla. I felt like I could see more of the field and that the pitcher wasn't right there on top of me. But that is personal preference and if you have found a balance between this view, and how fast the ball gets to the plate, I can learn to enjoy it. As I felt in vanilla I had no time at all to swing the bat, now even with a fastball, I now have a split second to decide to swing or not. Which just feels better to me than the vanilla did.

I'm glad the feedback is geared more towards the improved pitching. I wanted the hitting/pitching to feel like a legit showdown, as it was intended by EA themselves in multiple interviews about the MVP series. It helps that the hitting is much more reliant on twitch reflex since the pitch speeds vary so greatly, making it easier to get mixed up on changeups and heaters, for example.

I'm glad the feedback is geared more towards the improved pitching. I wanted the hitting/pitching to feel like a legit showdown, as it was intended by EA themselves in multiple interviews about the MVP series. It helps that the hitting is much more reliant on twitch reflex since the pitch speeds vary so greatly, making it easier to get mixed up on changeups and heaters, for example.

Oh yea, do all that you can for the pitching duel, it is after all half the game.

I also agree that it is imperative that the player can still get ahead of a breaking ball, and in turn get behind on the heat. That is the glorious give and take that is the game that we love.

Just a bit more feedback now that the game is wrapped up. Not about gameplay though.

I'll admit, I like older music, 80's 70's and 60's are my wheel house, no matter the genre, I don't listen to much of the new stuff unless I'm hanging out with a younger crowd. I didn't think a soundtrack could get much better than MVP 05, there are alot of songs from it, that have been stuck in my head since the first time I heard them on this game. But you proved me wrong, it can get better. And it did get better with the music you guys put into MVP 15. Of course I love Eye of the Tiger, I'm a Rocky fan as well. But even the new stuff I dig, and right now I'm keying off on "Dangerous" by BIG DATA.

Is it just me or does it seem like alot of new music has that 80's midi video game vibe to it? I mean one of the most memorable video game music moments I can remember is "Robocop 3" on the Nintendo Entertainment System. I must have rented that game a ton of times, and mostly just to listen to the title screen music. I mean damn is that my shit sir play it again. If you are to young to have rented this game, or just don't remember it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z754_a_aAHA you can thank me later. And yes the dude commenting on top is me.

I don't know who picked the music out, but man, that is always icing on the cake to me. I love my music.

Ok on to some game play feedback.

I found out that if I do 6/5 view that I can get the "zoomed" out view from vanilla MVP 15. I was pleased to find that, as I like to pitch from the traditional broadcast view, and hit from the other.

I just played the first game of the Rangers' season against the A's, and first rattle out of the box, my lead off hits a hard ground ball on the line to first base. The first baseman swipes it on a dive and barely throws me out, but injurers himself in doing so. Wow, didn't see that coming so early. The next few hitters to step up I began to get a bit worried. Suddenly I'm hitting the ball, and well. When the top half of the first ends I have 2 runs. One unearned due to a pick-off throw that went badly. That was kinda neat. My first pitching experience was a bit of the same. I got the hitters to ground right into the infielders for easy outs. It is at this point that I pause the game and double check my difficulty settings, yep I did pick MVP.

Pretty much more of the same from the 2nd inning on, I was hitting the ball, and pretty well, but I wasn't finding the holes that I was in the first inning. But their pitcher is getting tired. Then the top of the 5th. With two singles and a walk I have the bases loaded. I want to swing so bad, but manage to hold off because the pitcher appears rattled and he can't find the plate. He walks me in 5 pitches, forcing a run in. 3 zip Rangers, no outs bases loaded. While I did my best to make mental notes I don't recall exactly what happened. I'm pretty sure Sin Soo Choo hit a double to the wall that scored another two. 5 zip Rangers, and they get three outs to end that terrible outing.

I'm feeling confident now, and a bit worried that perhaps, the view I'm using to hit, is a bit unbalanced. But on to pitching. By this point they've seen my stuff, I don't recall where in the batting order they were in, but in just a few pitches they had managed to get a run in with a man on second as well. Ok 5-1 not a big deal, time to tighten up my pitching. over the course of the next few batters they drive the man in from second, and manage to load the bases. Ok 5-2 bases loaded with no outs. A sacrifice fly deep into left field drives in the man on third. Damn it, 5-3, one out, and two men on. In steps their DH. Great, the man that is paid to do one thing and one thing only. Got to love those DHes (sarcasm). With two men on I keep the ball low in the zone, and my first pitch is a Curve. Wrong pitch, wrong place, wrong time, ends in the left field stands. It is now 5-6 Oakland, and I'm a very unhappy manager. Suddenly the advantage I was afraid I had was gone. Suddenly I was throwing bricks with big red hit me here targets painted on them. Luckily the next two hitters are easy outs. A pop fly to shallow center, and a grounder to the first baseman.

Then I step up to bat, feeling a bit better, remembering that I can hit this guy. Little did I know that the pitcher had been replaced, with a hologram of himself, and the real pitcher I was facing I'm guessing was Mr. Nolan Ryan himself. Suddenly I couldn't hit water if I fell in the ocean! I guess I was rattled, that was a hell of the bottom of the 5th, and I was getting early swings and trying to hard to pin point my way out of a mess that I had somehow in my infinite stupidity blundered into. Nothing happens in the top of the 6th. I get Elvis on first, then get him promptly picked off of first. Everyone else were easy outs.

Thankfully I three up three downed them in the bottom of the 6th. Ok, time to get real. I manage to get men on the corners with two outs. Ok here we go, all I need is a base hit. Just hit there where they ain't like that damn annoying person in the crowd always screams, simple right? Hey that third base man looks a bit tired over there, better hit it right at him to wake him up. So much for that attempt. By this point their pitcher is almost 2/3ds down his stamina. Who the hell is this guy that gets stronger and better the longer he is out there. He's no man, hes a piece of iron!

Now that my starter has been knocked through a loop, I start debating with myself? Do I take him out? He is near 75% stamina, he has plenty of gas to get him through the 7th. I was almost wrong. They managed a guy to third before I finally got the final out.

Top of the 8th. This is the inning to make noise, sure its dramatic and makes great tv to do it in the 9th but our manager has a bad ticker and high blood pressure, no sense in stressing him more. For the last few innings they have had men up in the bullpen. I know the hook is coming for this dude, and by now, I've realized I might be wrong on thinking the view I have has given me too much of an advantage. I have got to get hits on this guy, and now. First pitch, and I drive it over the first baseman's head, I want to go to second but the right fielder just got to it a bit quicker than I felt comfortable challenging. Then the hook comes in. A new pitcher. Damn it, I was hitting that dude, oh well buckle down and make this new dude pitch to you. Where as the starter couldn't seem to find the plate often, this dude couldn't miss it, and I couldn't find a way to put wood on the ball. Two miserable swinging strike outs and one with an over the top 12 to 6 Curve ball that caught cleanly the bottom of the strike zone. That 12 to 6 hurt. I had been looking to T off on that one, and while I wouldn't have hit it out I don't think, anything is better than going down watching.

Bottom of the 8th. I put in a new pitcher, and get some confidence back. He does well, and manages to keep the ball on the ground for three easy outs.

Ok, 9th inning, Crunch time as they say. In comes the Closer to shut the door on me. First pitch is out well over the plate and I poke it into right field for a healthy little double. Alright, man in scoring position, no outs. I can get that man in. Three pitches and three swings later, I have one out. Come on guys, watch the ball, be the ball! First pitch is outside, well outside. I wisely watch it go past. The second pitch tries to sneak in the same pitch but over the strike zone. No sir, not today, not this game, not happening. I belt it hard into right field, it looks like it just might go, but it doesn't carry enough, and the right fielder catches it at the warning track. No worries I tag up my guy on second and get him to third easy. Damn these Rangers are fast. Alright two outs with a man on third, this is where dreams come to be born, or come to die, which path is it? Its a pop fly, to the center fielder. My dreams came to die.

I sat there for a second, a little stunned. I started off so well, I thought maybe I was kind of cheating, or doing something. Then it was like I hit a brick wall. I shrug it off and think about what a nice story this will make on the feedback thread. I go to exit the game, and it crashes, or rather freezes and forces a restart. No, no no no no, no no! The frame comes crashing down not quite to the mooring mast, oh the huma...sorry wrong script.

I remember seeing Gordo post in his roster updates that injuries, suspensions and trades, need to be turned off or else the game might crash or freeze. I clearly had these on. Though I do not have any of his rosters loaded, I assume that word of warning carries over to the mod itself as well.

In short, I feel like the batting difficulty needs to be up'ed just a bit more, not by alot. The pitching is almost spot on, but I feel like it to could use a nudge in the harder direction. But all this is cancelled out by the freeze. Is there anyway to fix this issue? I badly need to leave injuries and the lot turned on, but I can't risk playing through a whole game to have it crash on exit.

I wrote this a bit long winded because you had asked earlier, "but did I have fun?" Well its easy to say yes or no, but it doesn't convey the truth behind it, atleast not really. Sure I could have made this a simple cut and dry fix this tweak that, but again, there is no "fun" behind that. In this way, I feel like I can express the amount of fun I had with the ups and downs, clearly enough, that it might let you know, whether you need to do anything or not, regardless of what I felt might need to be tweaked.

A few quick nit picks though, I've noticed the Batter Walk up music is loud, really really loud, and tends to drowned out the announcers and the crowd. I couldn't honestly say all of them, but it sure seemed like it. And the last thing, sometimes between innings some numbers will hang from the bar on the bottom of the screen. The one I saw I think would have been the speed of one of the base runners left on. As soon as it showed the box score, it went away, not a big deal, but something you might want to fix, or not.

If I was unclear in anything please ask me to elaborate, but I will try another game either tonight, or later on during the day. I'm also going to try it with all the stuff turned off. If that prevents heartbreaking crashes at the end of the game, well then I'll have to settle for that until there is a way to fix that, if there even is a way. Of course, once its finished I will report back here to let you know what there is to know. If you want me to be less dramatic and more cut and dry, I can do that to.

Edited by Slydude3129

Played another game last night/this morning and was able to complete it. Though it wasn't anywhere near as "fun", I got thumped 1-10 Oakland.

What I think I may have felt as an advantage was due to the Variable Stuff selection. I'm guessing the game was simulating the pitcher being off his stuff, and that was why it seemed like alot of his pitches were fat. Once those relievers started showing up in that game, it was game over.

I also turned off trades injuries and suspensions, and I was able to exit the game without a crash. I'm going to replay that game a bit more seriously later on today as I was really just trying to complete the match to see if it would crash. I'll give a bit more of a feedback report once I do so. I just wanted to post that I was indeed able to complete a match and exit it without crashing.

Hi

I have been reading the thread for the new Patch 2 Beta datafile and I was wondering is this available only for the testers cause I wanted to download it for the game and I saw it wasn`t on the download section unless I am missing something..

Thanks

Hi

I have been reading the thread for the new Patch 2 Beta datafile and I was wondering is this available only for the testers cause I wanted to download it for the game and I saw it wasn`t on the download section unless I am missing something..

Thanks

Its in the 6th post in the thread.

Hi Mee

Saw what you were talking about..So the Beta is a txt file cause I got a little confused when I read the first post and the installation instructions were

Installation

Drag all of these files from the .ZIP archive and place them in the main MVP Baseball 2005 directory where the datafile folder is located. Be sure to back up all of your files as this will ask you to overwrite the existing ones. When it asks to overwrite your files, click "Yes".

I guess that is going to be when the official patch comes out..???