Trying to connect to 2k

SeaTrane

• 1 month later...

delete your profile (*.USR) from %appdata%\2K Sports\Major League Baseball 2K12\Saves

That does not work for me.  When I do that and restart the game, it  asks for a name and I can't go any further till I type one.  After I do that, then ittries to connect to 2K.

I have miscellaneous downloads from 2012, 2013,2014 and 2015 files in different folders for each year.  They are broken down into folders such as cyberfaces, rosters, portraits, overlays, stadiums, uniforms, and a misc folder for everything else.   I don't do steam so, I don't have that patch.   If you are referring to the MLB2K12 patch, version 1.20, I have that.  So please excuse me if I don't know which one you are referring to.  This is the problem when people ask for assistance on this site, they get the run around.  I don't contribute through modding, I'm not good at it.  I can do portraits and that is the extent of it.  I do, however, contribute financially when possible.  I try to assist others if I know the answer, or I can help.  No wonder people leave this site and don't come back.  Courtesy goes along way when people ask for assistance.  Thanks for your assistance, didn't think that was too much to ask.  By the way, thanks for the modding you do for this community.

I have miscellaneous downloads from 2012, 2013,2014 and 2015 files in different folders for each year.  They are broken down into folders such as cyberfaces, rosters, portraits, overlays, stadiums, uniforms, and a misc folder for everything else.   I don't do steam so, I don't have that patch.   If you are referring to the MLB2K12 patch, version 1.20, I have that.  So please excuse me if I don't know which one you are referring to.  This is the problem when people ask for assistance on this site, they get the run around.  I don't contribute through modding, I'm not good at it.  I can do portraits and that is the extent of it.  I do, however, contribute financially when possible.  I try to assist others if I know the answer, or I can help.  No wonder people leave this site and don't come back.  Courtesy goes along way when people ask for assistance.  Thanks for your assistance, didn't think that was too much to ask.  By the way, thanks for the modding you do for this community.

I don't understand your tone in this post or what point you are trying to make, but I have assisted you in the best way possible for this specific problem you are having. This is not a runaround by any means, and I have been nothing but kind with my assistance. I am not your enemy.

If my troubleshooting does not work, by all means, just reinstall the game (and delete the items in the %appdata%\2K Sports\Major League Baseball 2K12\Saves folder) as that's typically the last resort as part of the troubleshooting process.

Edited by Kccitystar

I had this problem as well. Just try a reinstall and delete everything as KC suggested.  Then u can drag and drop your mods following that.  I think there was a little confusion here. The patch KC is referring to is the official 1.2 patch. That fixes the date freeze. The saves folder is gonna be the heart of the connect to 2k issue.

I had this problem as well. Just try a reinstall and delete everything as KC suggested.  Then u can drag and drop your mods following that.  I think there was a little confusion here. The patch KC is referring to is the official 1.2 patch. That fixes the date freeze. The saves folder is gonna be the heart of the connect to 2k issue.

Thank you for the reply, are you referring to a complete reinstall of the game?  I had done that.  I think it is in the BSUFan FXver2 roster.  Which I have been using.  I'm in September with this roster and will complete the season with it.  Thanks again for your time and work devoted to making this game extra special.

I don't understand your tone in this post or what point you are trying to make, but I have assisted you in the best way possible for this specific problem you are having. This is not a runaround by any means, and I have been nothing but kind with my assistance. I am not your enemy.

If my troubleshooting does not work, by all means, just reinstall the game (and delete the items in the %appdata%\2K Sports\Major League Baseball 2K12\Saves folder) as that's typically the last resort as part of the troubleshooting process.

I think you misunderstood what my problem is.  When I click on to play the game, it tries to connect to the 2K servers, which it does not do.  I did not have this problem previously.  I believe it is something in BSUFan's Franchise version 2.  When you delete the user name, it just asks you again for a user name when you click on again to play the game.   If I need to reinstall the game to eliminate this, then I'll wait till end of my season.  Thank you for your assistance.