Jump to content

The MVP 2005 and Windows 10 Thread


Recommended Posts

I would suggest using Streamable to upload videos and post for free.

 

Additionally, I ran into the occasional stutter/hesitation while recently getting back into NBA 2K14 for a bit.  Found that for some quirky reason that when connected to the internet, it causes this.  Sure enough when I disengaged from the internet, 2K14 was smooth as could be.  Has anyone tried this simple option with MVP?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
  • Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been reading thru this thread, and tried some options but no luck getting games to work. I Have nba live 08 and mvp05. Thinking of finally upgrading. What pc games in this genre are still there for Win10?  Or also, if i get the latest game for a console, how do i incorporate the update mods i d/l on here? I'm not really a techie lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 9 months later...
3 hours ago, Winkweb67 said:

I got a new machine with Windows 11. Has anyone tried MVP 05 on Windows 11 and had any luck getting it to work?

 

Spend some time reading this thread. You may find something that helps.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have tested the following steps on Windows 11:

-disabled Secure Boot on my machine through the UEFI, I had to enter my Bitlocker recovery key in order to load back into the OS

-downloaded secdrv.sys and moved to system32/drivers folder.

-self-signed the file with Driver Signature Enforcement Override tool and rebooted.

-enabled TestSigning mode through the Command Line

… and I still get the dreaded “login as admin and try again” dialogue when I launch the game. I also tried applying each patch, and tested running after each one with no luck. 
 

I want to play this game so bad! Can anyone provide any hints or steps I may have missed? 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ect2020 said:

I have tested the following steps on Windows 11:

-disabled Secure Boot on my machine through the UEFI, I had to enter my Bitlocker recovery key in order to load back into the OS

-downloaded secdrv.sys and moved to system32/drivers folder.

-self-signed the file with Driver Signature Enforcement Override tool and rebooted.

-enabled TestSigning mode through the Command Line

… and I still get the dreaded “login as admin and try again” dialogue when I launch the game. I also tried applying each patch, and tested running after each one with no luck. 
 

I want to play this game so bad! Can anyone provide any hints or steps I may have missed? 
 

 

:o

 

I am going to go out on a limb here and say it is probably not going to play on win 11?

Especially after you tried all this,

 

Win 11 is about a half a dozen Operating systems newer than the optimal OS for this game Win XP.

 

Even if you get it to somehow play, i will bet all features will not work as intended.

 

Do what i did, I bought this bad boy (below) just for MVP Baseball 2005, it took about 2 weeks to come in thru customs and it works perfectly.

 

I first reached out to the Retro Revamps guys and for a few bucks more i had them soup it up to the absolute max ram and video card a Win Xp rig can handle.

 

Search E-bay for this,

 

Super slim Windows XP retro PC. HDMI. DVI & VGA retro. USB. fast. NEW 8GB | eBay

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dirtdog said:

 

:o

 

I am going to go out on a limb here and say it is probably not going to play on win 11?

Especially after you tried all this,

 

Win 11 is about a half a dozen Operating systems newer than the optimal OS for this game Win XP.

 

Even if you get it to somehow play, i will bet all features will not work as intended.

 

Do what i did, I bought this bad boy (below) just for MVP Baseball 2005, it took about 2 weeks to come in thru customs and it works perfectly.

 

I first reached out to the Retro Revamps guys and for a few bucks more i had them soup it up to the absolute max ram and video card a Win Xp rig can handle.

 

Search E-bay for this,

 

Super slim Windows XP retro PC. HDMI. DVI & VGA retro. USB. fast. NEW 8GB | eBay

 

 

I spoke too soon. I signed the driver file with the MakeCert command-line utility with VS Studio Developer Command Prompt, and miraculously I got past the error and saw the MVP loading screen. But then I got this error: 

image.thumb.png.93b9d2ab9b43fe0fe5baa35da6380712.png

This is crazy! I have CD2 in. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, ect2020 said:

I spoke too soon. I signed the driver file with the MakeCert command-line utility with VS Studio Developer Command Prompt, and miraculously I got past the error and saw the MVP loading screen. But then I got this error: 

image.thumb.png.93b9d2ab9b43fe0fe5baa35da6380712.png

This is crazy! I have CD2 in. 


You can try mounting the cd with daemon tools lite and see if that works. I'm currently running the game on windows 11 on two pc's. It sometimes has issues starting on my desktop but i just have a batch file that continuously tries to open the game until it's running (usually less than 10 tries). Once I'm past the initial loading screens it's good. On my dell g3 laptop with windows 11 it boots up everytime.

Edited by seskid
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

I haven't read the whole thread, sorry, but i just installed it to win10 64 bit.

Did this:

- search for "windows features" in the windows seach box

- select "turn windows features on or off"

- in the new window scroll down to find "internet information services" and selected if not selected.

- make sure that "CGI" is selected in "world wide web" > "application development features" drop down menu.

- confirm with "OK" and wait a few seconds

- search for "IIS" in the windows seach box  and select "internet information services"

- in left column open the drop down menu and select "application pools"

- right click and select "advanced" on "DefaultAppPool"

- set "Enable 32-bit Applications" to "True" and confirm with "OK"

 

Now you can install and run almost any 32-bit app.

My MVP 2005 works for me, hope it works for you. 😀

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...