The MVP 2005 and Windows 10 Thread

Solid_Contact

33 minutes ago, boomhauertjs said:

I messed around with the files in MVP Edit and I think I resolved the crashing issue. The portraits in MVP Edit don't match what shows up in the game, but it is working, so I'm not going to complain.

Then MVPEdit is not set to the same folder where those portraits reside.  Change folders.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Game crashes every time I try to play a game in owner mode. I'm running it on a barely used year old PC with Windows 10. Put 2 days into trying to get this to work and I'm about done. How many cracks do I need to make th MVP 13 mod work? Like I'm getting frustrated looking through these forums and finding no damn answers. 

4 minutes ago, jmoney6311 said:

Game crashes every time I try to play a game in owner mode. I'm running it on a barely used year old PC with Windows 10. Put 2 days into trying to get this to work and I'm about done. How many cracks do I need to make th MVP 13 mod work? Like I'm getting frustrated looking through these forums and finding no damn answers. 

What the heck do you mean by "cracks"?

26 minutes ago, jmoney6311 said:

Well first off....coming on here and on your first post making it seem like it's this site's problem that there are no answers to Windows 10 compatibility with MVP is a bad way to start your tenure.   If anything contact M$ and ask them why they released an OS that's not compatible with older games in some cases.   Good luck with getting through to somewhere there on that.

Secondly, if you're coming on here and talking about cracks for the game, you're breaking the TOS and risk getting banned and then have no where to go to discuss support for this game, other than MVP Caribe.  So you could then take your 2 years of basic Spanish and then head to that site for assistance.  So good luck with that too.

Thirdly, there are answers throughout this thread, it's just that you don't like the answers.  Sometimes with computers.... and you may want to be sitting down for this next part .....  there are absolutely no solutions after a certain point in time because the technologies just don't match up and you need to do an alternate answer or a work around.

Just a note. If you are running a no cd crack then I'm pretty sure owner mode won't work.  I don't play owner mode but that's the consensus I've seen online.   I assume that's what you are doing.  If you want to play owner so bad then break out your discs.  If that's not the issue. Good luck 

Edited by MonkeysUncleByMarriage

2 hours ago, jmoney6311 said:

ZERO cracks, because any more than that and you will get no support here.

As far as getting "no damn answers", you're trying to get a 12 year old game running on 2016 hardware and the latest operating system.  How many other games from 2005 can you run on your PC?  

Not sure if you mean me but I was trying to tell him why his game may not be working.  That's the feeling I have at least. I've been open about using a no cd because I paid 85 gd dollars for this game online about seven years ago and I only break mine out when absolutely necessary.  I don't condone the piracy of any game but I do condone perserving what I have in a format that's generally antiquated and in short supply now.  

4 hours ago, MonkeysUncleByMarriage said:

Not sure if you mean me but I was trying to tell him why his game may not be working.  That's the feeling I have at least. I've been open about using a no cd because I paid 85 gd dollars for this game online about seven years ago and I only break mine out when absolutely necessary.  I don't condone the piracy of any game but I do condone perserving what I have in a format that's generally antiquated and in short supply now.  

No, I wasn't referring to you.  

On 3/7/2017 at 2:23 PM, Gordo said:

Then MVPEdit is not set to the same folder where those portraits reside.  Change folders.

I've got MVPEdit set to the data folder and the 2017 portraits show up in MVP edit, but when I play the game, older portraits show up (2012 Mod pics maybe?). Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm having issues with the game crashing and I think it's due to the portraits being off.

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, sbuchs6 said:

Man i had the game running on win 10 for a while. Now when I start a game with the 15 mod it crashes in the loading screen. Very frustrating was killing it in my season, but gonna try no mods see if that works for a bit.

Did you add any new mods recently?

• 2 months later...
On 5/28/2017 at 7:10 PM, Cuatro K said:

So I used the owen's method but I can't get it to work on windows 10 even in administrator mode. I wanna get it up and running and I cant do that. please help

See the 4-1/2 pages above please.  This is actually more of a Windows 10 thing than it is an MVP thing.

• 3 weeks later...

Some additional info I ran across:

Partitioning: http://www.partition-tool.com/resource/windows-10-partition-manager/partition-hard-drive-windows-10-for-free.html

Installing a bootable second drive: http://smallbusiness.chron.com/add-second-hard-drive-set-up-dual-booting-70976.html (they do warn that "When setting up a dual boot, you must install the older operating system FIRST. For example, if you already have a computer with Windows 7, you can install Windows 8 to another partition or hard drive to create a dual-boot setup. However, installing Windows 7 to a computer that already has Windows 8 WILL NOT work. When installed by itself, Windows 7 uses an older version of the Windows boot manager." --- This does work.... I have installed Windows 10 on my secondary smaller HDD as I had Windows 7 on my primary HDD).   So technically, you could wipe your HDD entirely.  Install Windows 7 and THEN install Windows 10 on a secondary HDD.

I've been playing the game since it came out and didn't know of the existence of this forum. The minute I opened my new HP notebook with Windows 10 on I loaded MVP 2005 and it crashed every time I tried to open it. This happened with other EA games too (cricket 07). I immediately downgraded to Windows 8.1 pro and problem solved.

Not sure if this is the right place but here goes. I am trying to run MVP 05 on Windows 10. When I try to run the game, it says "MVP Baseball 2005 requires Direct X 9 and hardware graphics acceleration". Any fix for this?

Edited by jhochmuth